It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French sientists wants to combine H1N1 with H5N1 to see if they can create extreemly dangerous virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.nordlys.no...

Snipped form sourse:
"On one of the most secure laboratories in the world scientists want to mix one of the most contagious viruses that exists with one of the deadliest. The goal is to determine whether swine flu and bird flu can be a dangerous mix." ??

Is this the official start of it (the lab created pandemic)?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriathwen

www.nordlys.no...

Snipped form sourse:
"On one of the most secure laboratories in the world scientists want to mix one of the most contagious viruses that exists with one of the deadliest. The goal is to determine whether swine flu and bird flu can be a dangerous mix." ??

Is this the official start of it (the lab created pandemic)?

Hm, seems like a bad idea on the face of it, all it takes is a leak and "goodbye" %90 of the population!

But then again, we might learn something that will help us if this occurs "naturally" ( I mean not in the lab, MY opinion is that there is nothing "natural" about swine flu!).

I'd have to go err on the side of caution I'm afraid!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

There was a thread here the other day asking about mad scientists. I think this qualifies as a good answer.

I there an english news link? I can't seem to find one.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Its times like this i shake my head at humanity.
Why do people do dumb things like this that can destroy us all??

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

No cant seem to find one yet, but the google transelation works ok, I've read it transelated to, to se if it was understandable without any major mistakes

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is the entire article:

On one of the most secure laboratories in the world scientists want to mix one of the most contagious viruses that exists with one of the deadliest. The goal is to determine whether swine flu and bird flu can be a dangerous mix.

Swine flu (H1N1) infected easily, but only takes the life of a fraction of those who are infected. Bird flu (H5N1) takes the lives of more than 60 percent of its human victims, but rarely transmitted from person to person. Should these two mixed up, or mutate, a new type of horror virus see the light of day: A virus with a mortality rate of avian influenza virus and infectious of the swine influenza virus, Dagsavisen.

By Inserm-lab biosafety level 4 in Lyon in France is deadly viruses, such as Ebola, Marburg and Hendra locked in safes. The lab is located in a building that will withstand both earthquakes and explosions. Researchers are moving around in the protective equipment that is reminiscent of spacesuits with its own oxygen supply. Inserm is the French national institute for public health and medical research.

Mutate
Now, research group in Lyon to try to determine if the H1N1 virus will mix with its more deadly cousin H5N1 and become a virus with the worst features of both. If you find out what kind of mute ring that can take place and what type of flu that can occur, it may be the key to predicting how future pandemics will evolve.

They have now studied how H1N1 can become resistant to medication Tamiflu. Now we hope the research group's leader, Bruno Lina, to get the green light to start trying to mix the two viruses.

- It is a controversial study, but it is basic research that needs to be done, "says Lina of the magazine Nature.

- If you find out which parts of the H5H1 virus that are most vulnerable to shuffle about, so you can be extra careful if the virus is changing there, "says Lina.

Olav Hungnes is the coordinator for influenza surveillance at the NIPH in Norway. He said that the possibility exists that the swine flu virus may change. Hungnes explains that the virus' genetic characteristics can omstokkes so that it takes up in the genes from another virus. In order for the swine influenza virus and the avian flu virus is mixed into a new dangerous viruses is that they meet. There are so few cases of bird flu in humans, the chances are small, "says Hungnes.

Mixing Skar
Bird flu has the highest prevalence in Southeast Asia.

- It has been thought that the pig could act as a mixture cut for the two types of influenza. Der reviewed pigs, geese and people freely. But so far this has not happened, "said Dr. Bjorn Iversen at the NIPH.

- If it's going to happen, no one knows. What you think of this question depends on whether you are an optimist or pessimist. Optimist would say that since it has not happened yet, it will not happen at all. Pessimist would say that now it has held for so long that it is right before it can do it. Although I think the likelihood that it will occur is low. Now the bird flu virus circulating since 1987. It came back in 2003, and despite the fact that it has been very much normal seasonal influenza, there have not been able to mix with this, "says Iversen.

Bjorn Iversen says that there is research on this around the world. On a U.S. laboratory have researcher Jeffrey Taube Berger managed to reconstruct the Spanish sickness virus that ravaged the early 1900's. His research team has cultivated a new live virus. (ANB)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The closest I could find is this atomicnewsreview.org...

And as far as I can understand this is already been done...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Irresponsible scientists can be found in every country of the world. But again, madmen from the U.S. were quicker than their French counterparts. The CDC has already conducted reassortment experiments, infecting ferrets with H1N1 and H5N1.
blogs.wsj.com...

It is only a matter of time, when the first highly contagious and lethal hybrid virus escapes from a laboratory.

We were lucky this year once. Baxter had contaminated 72 kg virus vaccine with deadly bird flu virus from Vietnam. The bird flu virus was acquired from the WHO. Baxter then sent the wrongly labeled cocktails to 16 labs in 4 countries. Only a diligent Czech lab technician stopped a deadly "accident".
www.voltairenet.org...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

The first article seems to be the same story from my article "To find out, scientists at the CDC recently launched experiments in the agency’s labs in which they infected ferrets with both the new H1N1 virus and the highly lethal H5N1 avian flu virus to see if they might “reassort” to create a new hybrid.

The scientists want to know whether a combination of the H1N1 virus -– highly transmissible, but not terribly deadly -– and the H5N1 flu virus could create an easily transmissible, deadly scourge. The H5N1 virus has only sickened 440 people world-wide since 2003 and generally isn’t transmitted from one person to another. But it has killed 262, or about 60%, of those people, according to the World Health Organization."

And YES i know all about the baxter incidence and other fatal mistakes and experiments from the pharmasutical industry, thats why my alarm went off..

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There should be laws against stuff like this. Just because we can does not mean we should. If they create a monster in the lab and it gets out only to kill people then they should be held accountable. I'm talking murder charges.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Someone should tell Frenchie there that the flood gates have already been wide open on that front. If you look inside the various H1N1 genetically engineered viruses that have been PATENTED recently, there's nothing within that says they can't combine it with whatever they want, H5N1 included.

Now if patenting viruses seems a little strange to you it's because it's BLOODY INSANE!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

These are similar experiments. But I fear these reckless experiments are conducted by more than one research group. The CDC has its own biosafety level 4 laboratory in Atlanta.

Gibbs et al published an interesting article in Virology Journal: "From where did the 2009 'swine-origin' influenza A virus (H1N1) emerge?" In this article the scientists suspect a bioengineered swine vaccine as source of the current swine flu virus.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yes It is Insane, and Im pretty angry and some what confiousd that the majority of the people totaly refuse to even take a tiny peek at this

Are they to scared, and if so for what, or to dizzy??

Sorry for my poor english writing, Im a little dyselectic and this is not my main languish, but I hope that you can get something out of it

[edit on 11/26/2009 by eriathwen]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How about they throw in some cancer cells and a dash of the hiv in there. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chad_Thomas89
How about they throw in some cancer cells and a dash of the hiv in there. What could possibly go wrong?

And don't forget, the DNA of the most ego-maniacal leaders and fiercest/deadliest animals that existed on the planet. You might as well thrown in a thumb drive infected with the worst computer virus and a copy of Microsoft Windows OS!

Okay seriously, these people are merely trying to see what we may be up to... As these two viruses could mix up in the wild, in nature, unintentionally, out in the city, your garbage bin, etc. These people wanna know and probably if deadly, might also develop a vaccine for it, well in advance before an actual mix up takes place anywhere. You guys only see the negative, you don't see that the experiment can be used for good as there's a good chance, these two viruses will mix up anyway, even without human intervention.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. The idea is, just to make sure i follow, get two of the worlds most dangerous and contagious viruses and mix them, and the reason for this is, and tell me if I'm wrong here, is to 'see what'll happen'

...Jesus Christ,we're all dead. (Slightly over the top, yes. But with morons like that in control of things like that, don't look good... does it.)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thats the problem with humans... arrogant enough to think that knowledge equals wisdom...

Always ask can we, never ask should we!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think most of you are missing the point here:

On one of the most secure laboratories in the world

It's a secure lab! = So that's OK!

...We're screwed arent we?

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Dumb & Dumber - 1994

well, at least they haven't tried to mix it with Ebola - oh sh:t, shouldnt have said that!

[edit on 27/11/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Let me get this straight. The idea is, just to make sure i follow, get two of the worlds most dangerous and contagious viruses and mix them, and the reason for this is, and tell me if I'm wrong here, is to 'see what'll happen'

...Jesus Christ,we're all dead. (Slightly over the top, yes. But with morons like that in control of things like that, don't look good... does it.)

Jepp to see if its possible and if so, what will happen

And Im getting more and more positiv that all this happenings the past year, starting with the baxter episode back in desember08-january09 (that i know of) whit the 72 kilo vaccinematerial, and the H1N1 epidemic, and the "unknown" viruses and then the question of mutation.. and now this

Wonder whats coming next

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

...We're screwed arent we?

Nail on head Darlin...

We sure are.

You know,
It seems pretty bad when you watch those hollywood disaster movies and the fate of the entire world depends on something stupid like....finding an infected monkey so we can develop a cure......they never actually show the fact that government AND private labs have hundreds of the infected little buggers caged up somewhere.

The scary thing is that these people intentionally make things to which there is no possible cure and then say "oops" when this stuff gets loose.

Or worse yet. They let it out on purpose.

You know,
It was totally safe.
There were only a few thousand people on that island.

Next thing you know there will be another smallpox outbreak.

"Well Mr President, it seems that all of the citizens that didn't vote for you last year recieved smallpox tainted tax forms in the mail. Just a little mix up, won't happen again."

"Uh, ok. See that it doesn't."

[edit on 27-11-2009 by badgerprints]

top topics

join