It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember 9/10/2001?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I KNOW the IG isnt perfect, there should be a link in my thread that includes the GAO's assessment of the mess. It has never been a secret that the Pentagon has had problems keeping track of money in a way that would satisfy a private CPA....and THATS the majority of the problem.

reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Thank you for responding.

First, I would hardly call the IG altering and destroying working papers less than perfect.. it is illegal and is a CRIME (a federal crime, in this instance).

Now, tell me what basis you have for making the statements you've made that there are no missing funds?

Maybe the reasons that the IG and Rumsfeld gave?

Our financial systems are decades old. According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.

and the same reason given at Rumsfeld’s confirmation hearing?

Senator Byrd: That audit report found that out of $7.6 trillion in department-level accounting interest, 2.3 trillion in entries either did not contain adequate documentation or were improperly reconciled or were made to force buyer and seller data to agree

Tell me why, since the IG report was consistent with Rumsfeld story and the story given at his confirmation hearing, would the DoD IG feel compelled to “alter and destroy” working papers from their audit of it?

Perhaps the final report's conclusions (Rumsfeld's story) were not supported by the facts in the case?

Edit to add: I understand that waste is a big issue in the DoD - just as it is in every government agency - if your beef is with this waste, I can totally understand that... but not everything within DoD can be blamed on government waste... this is one of them.

[edit on 28/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

actually i'd say its trillions.. think of how our govt spends $500bb a year on defense! that adds up fast! i know over the years it builds up(in the 1950's from $50bb a year to $500bb a year today).. but in 50years we've spent approx. 13.4 trillion dollars on our Military. When you think in terms of the sheer volume of money that is, I think it can easily get lost. especially when it comes to throwing money at foreign governments, businesses or black ops or even hush money.. that will grow fast!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You sure aren't the only one who's thought this. I"m glad you posted these videos. that was good research upon your behalf b/c I too didn't really find much else other than that. and this is HUGE!! Maybe Rumsfeld wanted to make himself feel better b/c he knew the next day it would be forgotten about again. But since the documents relating to the missing 2.3trillion dollars are now supposedly missing after being lost in the attacks, I guess we will never know.. but the collective mindset of this country gets so sidetracked by our news that we forget. thankfully for websites like these we can get real news (for the most part). But i will say that I actually trust information on this website, more than I trust the news from Fox or NBC (CNN isn't too bad.. as its just news. selective, but just news.)
But what is $2.3trillion dollars anyways, when the money in reality has NO value. It was just created out of thin air anyways. It is unbelieveable and this is the one thing I can say where something was created out of nothing! Or, shall I say nothing was created out of nothing.. LOL. it is mind boggling, just mind boggling!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I opened this post thinking I would find this,en.wikipedia.org...
While I do not hink some idiot (regarding an affair with a 1/2 his age aide) rep. is capable of launching a mid-scale war, I am intersted in OP's remembering his stated frame of reference as opposed to the more salacious story of a congressman "boinking" a way younger woman.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Nice try.

But an Wannabe like me should stay off the record.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't know if it is youtube or not but the sounds in both of those videos don't work now. LOL

typical they are keeping this quite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join