It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers of Investigating Conspiracies and Cover-ups

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well the site sounds interesting. I admit I am curious what what lays behind the link.

But.....

I got the "Locked" message as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Getting a lock on that link, too.

Part of me wonders . . .

Is there any distinction between ATSers who get the lock an those who don't?

Do any get the lock who are NOT frequent, strident, well informed posters about such topics?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't know...but it is rather a fishy web address behind that link.

home1.gte.net...

Me thinks it's best not to get too curious about what is behind door 1
edit on 13-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
TPTB just want people scared #tless that they are next on the hit- list.. the reality is that way too many people know about this stuff now to every be picked off one-by-one.. they don't have the resources for that.. Stop getting into the fetal position.. we're all going to be okay.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thepaulstalservice

I think that in the information age, everyone can potentially know anything.

So it is just harder to control the cascade of information that results after any one event.

The main emphasis of papers purportedly released by Godstien suggest an attempt to take over/subvert the trends via intellectual vector.

Kinda what I'm talking about, rather than some Mel Gibson "Conspiracy Theory," type of response. However, I could be mistaken based on certain events.

Any who, I have my suspicions about that KGB-Defector. Who knows if he is being totally honest, or was sent over after an analysis indicated that America would be in this position eventually? He would then be able to provide a counterpoint in the intellectuals (via college lectures and media activity,) for future events which eventually came to pass.

At any rate, it is funny as heck.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Real food for thought. I wonder how this might coincide with the spying, will that make it easier to punish researchers and whistleblowers?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Veryophelia

sounds like a great way to waste taxpayers hard earned dollars.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
But . . . .

Danger is my middle name!

Thanks for the info.

-FBB

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
well this sucks...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's locked for me, too. How did you unlock it?

(post by playmaker333 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I found this new movie trailer/documentary film on youtube that deals with Area51 and Government coverups. Looks as though it could turn out to be pretty good. There are a couple noticeable flaws in the filming, but I believe it looks MUCH better than the one Oren Pelli (Paranormal Activity) is trying to produce.

51 The Movie Trailer

Let me know your thoughts compared to Oren Pelli's

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

an3rkist
You know, I started a thread about militias and Martial Law a few days ago because of a dream I had. After posting the thread I started doing some reasearch. After a miniscule amount of research I began creating an entire website devoted to my findings and my theories. But as my research continued, I started seeing a pattern: Those that had attempted exposing what I was attempting to expose, credible or not, had met ends of the kind that I do not wish to meet with.

In short: I got scared. I'm still undecided on whether to publish my website on the world wide web, but there's no denying that investigating true conspiracies poses dangers.

How far is one willing to go to expose the truth? Are you willing to die to attempt to inform the public of a governmental or even an intergalactic conspiracy? These are questions I've been asking myself recently due to research I've been doing and information I've been coming upon. It seems that the more information I come upon, the more stories of people with information who are imprisoned, tortured, and/or killed I come upon also.

Who of us is safe? Who of us can find the truth and spread it to the general public without fear of repercussions? Does the long arm of Big Brother reach so far that not any of us can bring the truth to the people before we are extinguished?

Even as I write this I'm recalling the research I've uncovered and listening for the patter of combat boots outside my front door. What can I say without expecting a visit from the NSA, the FBI, the CIA, or some black op agency that we ATS'ers have only dreamed about?

Information is our greatest weapon, and it is also our biggest enemy. If we possess damning information we can destroy our enemies, but it also gives them an excuse to destroy us before we have a chance to open our mouths.

(P.S. Be advised: If I don't post anything in the next three days, I have been silenced by the conspirators and you will all know that I have been silenced by one of the many conspirators lurking in the shadows...)

[edit on 3/1/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Maigret

an3rkist
You know, I started a thread about militias and Martial Law a few days ago because of a dream I had. After posting the thread I started doing some reasearch. After a miniscule amount of research I began creating an entire website devoted to my findings and my theories. But as my research continued, I started seeing a pattern: Those that had attempted exposing what I was attempting to expose, credible or not, had met ends of the kind that I do not wish to meet with.

In short: I got scared. I'm still undecided on whether to publish my website on the world wide web, but there's no denying that investigating true conspiracies poses dangers.

How far is one willing to go to expose the truth? Are you willing to die to attempt to inform the public of a governmental or even an intergalactic conspiracy? These are questions I've been asking myself recently due to research I've been doing and information I've been coming upon. It seems that the more information I come upon, the more stories of people with information who are imprisoned, tortured, and/or killed I come upon also.

Who of us is safe? Who of us can find the truth and spread it to the general public without fear of repercussions? Does the long arm of Big Brother reach so far that not any of us can bring the truth to the people before we are extinguished?

Even as I write this I'm recalling the research I've uncovered and listening for the patter of combat boots outside my front door. What can I say without expecting a visit from the NSA, the FBI, the CIA, or some black op agency that we ATS'ers have only dreamed about?

Information is our greatest weapon, and it is also our biggest enemy. If we possess damning information we can destroy our enemies, but it also gives them an excuse to destroy us before we have a chance to open our mouths.

(P.S. Be advised: If I don't post anything in the next three days, I have been silenced by the conspirators and you will all know that I have been silenced by one of the many conspirators lurking in the shadows...)

[edit on 3/1/07 by an3rkist]

This is my problem too... I have come across something so amazing that I believe they would kill me rather than let it get out. I'm fully bribable... but I don't think they'd bother. If they do me in, then I want it out there.... (but I can't post, so I have put it in here.) But who to get it to? What is it? I found this - from fairerplatform.com... - that shows major activity in Western Australia, which is supposed to be an deserted arid desert region. The three pinpricks of light to the right on this wallpaper, are Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane; which goes to show the huge scale of this activity.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Maigret

Glad to see you're worried, seeing as this is a civilian site, I wouldn't be too worried.

Also, if you were correct and in danger, you post would have been scrubbed by now; I'm guessing you're still alive? Calm down, enjoy life.

Unless you were actually someone doing something or knew someone, I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it mate.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

teachtaire
reply to post by Maigret

Glad to see you're worried, seeing as this is a civilian site, I wouldn't be too worried.

Lol, you mean civil industrial espionage, don't you?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Don't be a submissive human. If there is a conspiracy afloat, investigate it to the fullest. If you fear that you will die, then it must be some juicy stuff. One day, I hope a conspiracy so blatant occurs that 100% of ATS members can agree that is, indeed, a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

MaskedAvatar
There are other dangers as well for some people who get into the finer detail without the mental equipment to handle it, like:

* mental health (obsessive disorders) and loss of quality of life
* being ostracized from family and friends, losing ability to relate to regular people
* inability to refocus whether mission accomplished or not.

Are they better than a mob style execution?

That's a good point, I think a lot of people don't consider these other dangers which can be very bad.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

revolutionaryawareness
Don't be a submissive human. If there is a conspiracy afloat, investigate it to the fullest. If you fear that you will die, then it must be some juicy stuff. One day, I hope a conspiracy so blatant occurs that 100% of ATS members can agree that is, indeed, a conspiracy.

IMO humans engage in conspiratorial behavior more frequently than they engage in sexual relations.

Despite the confusion sown by the law, conspiracy--planning and action between 2 people minimum--happens all the time.

The conventional wisdom would have us believe that conspiracies are rare, but I say nonsense.

Fraternal organizations are particularly prone to conspiratorial behavior.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join