It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any more good churches left in Great Britain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We hear of course of priests and their child sex scandles no doubt that is not really a secret, but that is an individual matter nothing else.

Now we have churches uniting other faiths, sounds like the very thing prophecy warns about diluting the faith and spawning Babylon all over again.

Church leaders no longer act and believe in what the Bible says, like Jesus was not the son of God or evolution was part of the process and life might be on other planets.

If that is the case then leave, because the Bible is not about that, they should not teach it that way, if they want to personally believe that then do so like a wolf in sheeps clothing, but it won't generate success.

Jude 1:4

4 For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Text

2 Peter 2:1-4

False Prophets and Teachers

2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell [1] and committed them to chains [2] of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

Text

1 Timothy 4:1-3

Some Will Depart from the Faith

4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, 2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, 3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Text

Don't start on the Mosques just yet, the Church needs to sort it self out before they get taken over and replaced.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
To answer your question, I'm sure there are some good, Bible believing churches still in Britain. God always has a remnant of his people around that hold true to his name. Britain would be no exception to this. If these people hold fast to the faith, and live the way God calls us to, much good could come about.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think if you want to know about uk, listen to john todd tapes.

He puts what uk, is like today. Uk has always been a pagan country, just like usa.

But the thing with the priest and scandel, loads of priests are good people, do not let them stereotype all priests.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I took me a long while to find my Church...

I love it

It is one of the oldest churches in Kent and still has a very traditional service.

The message they give is also very traditional (some may say old fashioned) but they do it in a way that does not Judge others, merely offers to guide them on their journey if they so wish.

However... you cannot dent that, whether we like it or not, the church always been in state of change. From Constantine to Martin Luther, we have always had change! Some is good... some not so good... but it’s nothing new!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I guess TV programmes ask the most controversial priests who try and mix evolusion and denal of the vigin birth to draw the crowds in and like the bible says make their own docrines up to their own destruction.

I guess I am being pessimistic about it, but it takes a few bad apples to wake people up and stand up for the truth not a different version of it.
What do people think about the Pope trying to bring closer relations with Anglican church?

Archbishop of Canterbury and Pope to 'seek closer ties'

The Archbishop of Canterbury shakes hands with the Pope in Rome
The Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope agreed to seek closer relations between Anglicans and Catholics at a meeting in Rome, the Vatican has said.

It follows tensions over the Vatican's offer to welcome disenchanted Anglicans into the Catholic fold.

Pope Benedict's proposal would allow Anglicans to convert while preserving many of their traditions and practices.

A Vatican statement said the "cordial" talks reiterated "the shared will" to move toward closer relations.
Text

news.bbc.co.uk...

Sharia row persists for Williams

The Archbishop of Canterbury is facing criticism from fellow Anglicans over his comments on Islamic Sharia law.

Dr Williams sparked a major row after saying, in a BBC Radio 4 interview last week, that the adoption of parts of the law was "unavoidable" in Britain.

Despite attempts to clarify his comments and support from both within and outside the church, controversy continues to surround Dr Williams.

Text

news.bbc.co.uk...

I hope the next pollitically correct correspondence is not with the Devil, for some it is very likely.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have found that the church of england has been mostly abandoned and those former parishoners now go to penticostal/evangelical churches. I myself do not belong to a specific church, but i do tend to go to a Hillsong affiliated church in Newcastle a lot that has a huge congregation of mostly young people, and they do heaps in the community which is pre requisite for me when church shopping, because i just view church as a place for us to get together and stratagize ways of helping the community to which we belong.

There has also been an upsurge of house churches in my area, which i think is brilliant and in the spirit of the original church, with the smaller, more intimate congregation better able to keep each other accountable, and be a support to each other and their direct community.

[edit on 083030p://f45Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I do wonder how many churches are in the boarderlines of turning into a cult, I think cults are any churches or groups who read the Bible and deny its elements, if Mary was a Vigin she was a Vigin, if Jesus is the Son of God, Jesus is the sun of God and so on, if certain priests and nuns change their beliefs they should leave, they will end up worshiping them selves in the process.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Also I like to say what do people think about Churches where you have to pay to enter when you visit it? St.Pauls in London is an example is one during week days, I know if this was the case when Jesus was around he would be angry would not he?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I wasn't aware that you hypocrites had ever successfully set up a "good" church anywhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Church leaders no longer act and believe in what the Bible says, like Jesus was not the son of God or evolution was part of the process and life might be on other planets.

Do you ?

Your Avatar contains two "pop culture" aliens. Should you not in fact replace it or do you condone speculation ?

Time to choose my friend time to choose.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdCase512

Originally posted by The time lord

Do you ?

Your Avatar contains two "pop culture" aliens. Should you not in fact replace it or do you condone speculation ?

Time to choose my friend time to choose.

My Avatar could symbolically mean the rapture, I did not think too much about it, it was for the fun of media and pop culture where two different companies crossed over.
Superman was a created figure from a Jewish point of view the messiah while the silversurfer is the defender against the comming destroyer of the Earth who he rejected even though he was made by Galactus in the old mavel comics story. I have thought about putting a cross in my Avatar aswell to stick up for Christ so the process of thinking about replacing it is still something in the process.

The only downside to a religious symbol is that it might scare people off, I don't have to wear a cross all the time to speak about other subjects or have an interest in other medias.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I like churches but only when they are empty.There are still some great examples about, my local one is fierce.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

BINGO! And people believing in the same ultimate being as you do not have to conform to your exact doctrines. They can in fact demonstrate independent thought processes.

Glad you got the point, continue to throw off your shackles.

Edit: Crosses are not likely to scare people off. Jesus (if he existed/exists) surely doesn't need anyone to "stick up for him".
Be honest with yourself, the only thing to defend here is YOUR beliefs.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by EdCase512]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All I can say is that people are either reaching the darkside or the lightside spirtually, before I could not see it and the more comparisons I make in everyday life and scripture with how people sound and are disconnected the more I see how their spirit has been clouded.

I feel sorry for those in the dark who will not see and do all they can to deny things Biblical because the tug of war of between truth and deception is being lost to lies. You can not be in spirit of it if you don't allow it, that is the hardest step and once you reach that next level you will find answers like you never did before and everything starts to connect.

I can not guide everyone here I can just try to explain, but I believe some of the best sceptics once they fit the glove will make good defenders of Christ as in the days after his death the Romans did also.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I notice they have a few Calvary Chapels in England. That's a pretty good denomination, though you might find the 45 minute sermons straight from the Bible tedious at times. One thing in their favor is that they will go through the entire text of the Bible and leave nothing out as a general policy. Their worship is usually pretty good and their theology, with the exception of the pre-trib. rapture nonsense, is pretty sound.

If you want great worship try to find a Vineyard Christian Fellowship that doesn't follow the Toronto blessing stuff.

I happen to worship at an assembly of god church and there are a few of them in England as well.

top topics

join