It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming vs Pole Shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I honestly believe that the weather changes of our Earth is caused from Global Warming than human themselves. Edgar Cayce has mentioned this about the pole shift being called something else. (saw it on history channel) I would like to know what peoples opinions are on this subject. I truly believe it's the gradual change of our shifting poles. Just give your input. I'm sure this has been talked about lol

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
bump I would like people to join the discussion

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
On a personal note, i prefer the theory of pole shifts vs ice age.
An ice age provokes a shift of the Earth crust, and these displacements may be responsible for pole shifts.
Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think there has been some studies that show if the oceanic waters get warm enough and by expanding, that this can also cause a pole shift or increase in the earths axis wobble.
pole shifting would add significantly to changes in climate the world over which could indeed hasten effects of global warming and weather patterns across many parts of the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
I think there has been some studies that show if the oceanic waters get warm enough and by expanding, that this can also cause a pole shift or increase in the earths axis wobble.
pole shifting would add significantly to changes in climate the world over which could indeed hasten effects of global warming and weather patterns across many parts of the world.

Aren't we seeing that now? the way your saying is that pole shift happens in one day or a month. What if were slowly shifting right now and thats causing our "Global Warming" problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
1990's
Everyone look! The earth is being destroyed by Aerosol cans! Buy an alternative!

2000's
Everyone look! The earth is being destroyed by car pollution! Buy an alternative!

2010's
Everyone look! It's the shift of the planet! um.. everyone.. lean.. to the.. left?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think we can all agree on some sort of climate change happening right now. That is not to say it is unprecedented though, because Earth is constantly changing. It is just generally a slow, gradual change.

What is the numero uno influence on Earth climate? The sun. What is happening with the sun right now? Deepest minimum in over a century.

Now, I am not sure anybody really knows what that ultimately means. The doom & gloom crowd which I admittedly contribute to from time to time would caution that a pole shift may be a direct result of the sun doing something wonky. Does melting ice caps have something to do with being a precursor to the pole shift? I have no idea.

It is unfortunate that some capitalists decided to try to make a buck on the whole climate change things though. Now nobody will pay any attention to climate change and that may hurt us. If scientists could honestly study what is happening with the sun and how it is affecting Earth, we could possibly put it all into a simulation and determine what the likely scenario for the future will be. Then we could take measures to properly protect ourselves from whatever it may be.

But no, we decided to try to make a buck off of it. What does that tell you?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
www.rense.com...

check the source. not the best. but it's a source. nasa had a website now it's gone. surprise

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
complaints talk.... lol bump

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
complaints talk.... lol bump

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Pole shift does not imply nor will it ever mean the world will turn upside down......What it does mean instead of having north you will have south and vice versa thats all. ITs the magnetic field that is reversing. The only thing we have to worry about is the weakned magnetic field which will allow more solar radiation to enter and can have an effect on everything giving more radiation than usual.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by loner007]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The "Global Meltdown" thing is only partially true. If it would "Global Meltdown" or imminent danger , the ice would melt instantly. I can agree that the weather is warming up because we are damaging our ozone with pollution and sun's radiation is reaching us more. The thing about pole shift.. Why would it happen now , when so many years past? First type of such event? I don't think so. I agree that the Magnetic shift is real.

Let's think a little. I did some research and well.. It's not so good. I have written down the most horrible of tornadoes ever happened. 1600+ first confirmed tornado sight. 1 human died in it. Now let's scroll to 1896 - most damaging tornado in the history. Tornado power is increasing. 1925 - Most extreme. 1974 the Super Outbreak. 1989 - The deadliset tornado. 2006 - Longest destruction path , another big outbreak. Isn't it obvious? Something IS wrong.

Same with earthquakes , they have been increasing every time we get closer to 2000+ and more lives have been taken. "A plume of hot volcanic mantle rock is rising beneath Africa, trying to split the continent apart." Yes , the core is working and dividing some continets or fusing some. But, isn't the process happening too fast? I mean , let's just take a look how many years it took to divide the big and only continent , and now as it's said "The mantle rock is trying to split Africa".

Reports say that in middle 1980s the atlantic waves were 25 per cent higher than during 1960s. In the end of 1980s the waves were 50 per cent higher. Ths just proves that somehow something is affecting earth in a slow , catastrophic kinda way. Frequent tornadoes , increasing earthquakes , volcanoes , tsunamis , warming weather.

Comment please.

new topics

top topics

join