It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have an ability - please post here

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hello. I've got a few 'abilities', but I do not think myself to be more special than anyone else. I believe all people can access it within themselves.
I, at times, can see life energy around people. Some call it an aura. I started noticing I had this ability a few years ago, and have trained myself to access it whenever necessary.
I can also see energy when meditating and attempt to transfer energy from one finger to another. Strangely, when I did this, my friend who I was meditating with also saw it from my finger tips.

When I make music, I seem to enter a shaman-like state at times. I have heard Native American chants while I played the drums (actually, it was a low floor tom drum, while my friend played his actual drum set...I played the one drum with a big mallet, and we jammed together) and sometimes when playing guitar.

I have meditated for quite awhile, so I know how to control certain aspects of my breathing, mind, perspective, etc...so when I realize something out of the ordinary is happening, I do not fight it as something that's 'not normal'...I accept it as it is.

EDIT - Oh, and I am rather good at astral projecting. I have had more than my fair share of prediction dreams as well. Quite weird! But cool nonetheless.

And no, I'm not schitzo or have any mental disorders.

Just have a lot of spiritual teachings under my belt, and a lot of practice!
These are things anyone can do if they truly attempted it and had it in their heart.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in the discussion!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by bvproductions]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Once your in a lucid dream lay down and try to dream again. This way you can have a lucid dream within a lucid dream. Keep repeating this process and let us know what you find.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've had lucid dreams since I can remember. I thought it was normal, until I talked to people about it and realized that few have them, let alone all the time. Usually when the dream is lucid it's very vidid, and more like a vision.

For some strange reason, I usually become aware of the dream when I spin into the air. I just have the inclination to test my state of being and sort of hop into the air in a circular way. Usually, after this happens I settle down and realize that this dream has purpose. Either someone will guide me, or I will encounter a series of obstacles to overcome. The last one I remember involved me taking a leap of faith and stepping off a cliff. I wasn't fully lucid this time, so it was a big deal. I sunk into the ground and became one with the environment. Quite a rush, I must say. Indescribable.

I don't consider hovering in my room or flying outside a lucid dream. That's an OOB (out of body experience). I haven't had one of those since I was a child.

Besides that, I have intuitive abilities, that aren't developed at all. I've had far sight before. I was aware of a cop on the side of the highway about 1 1/2 miles ahead once when I was on the highway doing about 90pmh in a 70mph zone. I also can know what people are going to say sometimes, before they say it and will respond as if they already said it. It freaks out some people, but my friends are use to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I, like you, can dream and become aware that I'm in a dream. It's only started happening within the last year or 2. It usually happens when I'm in a not so pleasent situation like being chased or something and once I'm aware that I'm dreaming I can change the situation to whatever I want, so for example when I was dreaming of being chased, I gave myself the ability to run super fast and got away from whatever was chasing me. It's hard though because once I'm aware it's usually not long until I wake up. It's like once I'm aware I can feel myself slipping out of the dream and waking up

Also, I don't know if everyone has this because I've never really brought it up but I can sense/feel/almost hear energy movement and shifts. It's hard to describe, it's like when you turn a TV on or someone walks in a room you can feel the change in energy. This happens every day, usually multiple times a day to me. It's a little creepy sometimes cos it happens alot when I'm alone and it feels just like someone has entered or left the room. When itt happens it makes me wonder if their is something there that I can't see

[edit on 26-11-2009 by MrPointy]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well I have the abillity to sence another persons thaughts or feelings, and about 90% of the people I talk to have difficulties looking me in the eyes when they talk to me, and many of my closest friends have said this to me, they say that it feels like I can look straight "through" them

And I think that I have some teraputic abillity, people have a tendensy to open up to me spontaniously even people I never met or ever will meet again

And I tend to feel whats coming, dont know how to explaine that

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've seen people's auras for as long as I can remember.

Never though anything of it as a child since I thought that everybody could see them, only in my teens when in therapy did I ask my doctor, and he proceeded to place me on medication.

Which I never did take. Dirty Pharma.

In any case, that's what I do, I see them fluctuate depending on people's moods. I can tell when they are lying or hurt, those sorts of things.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm like you and unityemissions.Always thought it was normal.In my 20's my brother ask me if I could take myself out of my body,hover above and 'see myself',I said of course.. I do it all the time.I had a knit shirt on at the time with bears on it-lol-embarrassing but true,and he said to me,"well if you can do that,count the bears on your shirt."

I couldn't do that and thought he might not believe me,but later I told him something he was thinking.. in his exact words,and it kinda blew his mind.

He used to call me late at night asking me these odd philosophical questions that have no right or wrong answers,but were so much fun to discuss.

He's gone now,died a few years ago.I miss him so much.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Good post. Yes i know i have several abilities and i believe the efficacy of them is determined by many factors, including sex. I have experienced all of the standard abilities at least once in my life. Telepathy, Psychokinesis, etc, etc. But there is one thing that i believe i do unconciously and it really cant be proven to any great extent. Things just seem to go my way, especially with machines and computers. When im around them they work great but when i leave them they fall apart. I believe somehow i am altering probability. The chances of something happening or not happening. I NEVER get robbed, accosted, cheated, etc, etc. I seem to live in some sort of bubble all the time. If something bad happens it never happens when im there. Although it seems that during my younger days this wasnt so. Also despite having a usually terminal genetic blood disease i am unusually healthy and seem never to get an infection or cold. I have no idea whats really causinig these things but that is what i believe.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That reminds me something else that happens to me but I wouldn't call it an ability. Street lights seem to go out when I come near them. Light bulbs too but not noticeably as often as street lamps do.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I dont know if what I have is an "ability" but I often have Deja Vu perhaps once or twice every fortnight. The weird thing about it is, I know whats going to happen afew seconds after the Deja Vu moment. Anyone else get this?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

let me give u my explanation of this.

I think, like most ATSlers, u are familiar with the principle of "consciousness creates reality"?! As there are much threads about this here and elsewhere and even quantum physics seem to come to this very groundbreaking conclusion!

What does that mean for u? u create the outside world through your inner picture/beliefs/thinkings/sight. Imagine it like a huge bubble around u and u are in the very middle of it (metaphysics)

it sounds very egocentric but as a few masters said: "u are the world and the world is u!" There is no dividing, nothing apart from u...

so whats happening when u make decisions?( Decisions is the most important factor if not THE one! )

u CREATE another opportunity, some may say another reality.
So Deja Vu´s are the strongest sign of this.
u are switching into another ( in this very moment created) "timeline"/reality/conscious projection.

so why u know whats happening in the very next seconds (for me sometimes few minutes)?
my opinion, as for my expiriences, is, there is happening a synchronicity in times. the three main times become one for u and thats why u know whats going on.

I for myself have made a lot of exeriments with this, as i tried to keep up this "timeframe" as long i can, by will.
Or when i knew what will happen and this was bad, i consciously took another decision.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

thanks for sharing.

The schitzo thing, is one of my frustrations as well - thats why I have kept this "inner life" for my self for many years.

nice story

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
Once your in a lucid dream lay down and try to dream again. This way you can have a lucid dream within a lucid dream. Keep repeating this process and let us know what you find.

This could actually be fun to try.

I remember from childhood, that I have tryed this only one time - having a dream in a dream, and I woke up in that dream.

But I will surely try what you suggest - lets see what happens

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

very interresting story you have.

My experience in lucid dreams is that I can manipulate things and create things, but the frame or invironment I cant change.
So If I i.e. am in an old workplace, and I want to go to another place, I cant - just as if I am not aloud to !

I have a suggestion why that is, but I will make a longer post regarding this issue later because I am still investigating why we dream, and why we are beeing brought to experience certain things in dreams.
-oh yes - its about freemasons also

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPointy

ha ha - thats the same problem I had in the beginning: right when you become aware in the dream, that you are dreaming - you cant stay in the dream and wakes up.

It takes "hard" work and a lot of practise to stay lucid - just try again, and a hint is - when you become lucid, stop and stand still - try to empty your head, so you dont want anything in the dream - thats what worked for me so that I can stay longer lucid

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

I know a person who is around 90 years old, and have that abillity too.

I guess you in situations also know whats best for yourself in situations - and do you by anychance have flair for electronic mashines ?

never the less, the person I know have practised Yoga for many years , if that is a way to build this ability I dont know

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SS.Invictus

Please allow me to present myself, so you dont get confused another time:

I am a non-believer, I am not a christian or a member of any other religion.
I am what you would call a sceptic - but a positive sceptic.

I can then choose between 2 things:

1. sit behind my keyboard and argue with alle those who have another way of looking at life.

2. or get out there and try to understand belivesystems, myths and so.

By nature I am courious and eager to know more so I chose number 2:

I try to find answers, mainly for myself, so I read books, travel to places, talk to people who can help me getting answers and use myself in eksperiments of psychic character.
All to better understand the world we live in and try to find answers...

This has nothing to do with beeing a prophet or predicting 2012 ? ? ? ? ? ? ! ! ! !

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
as this thread turns more into a discussion about lucid dreaming, than other abilities, i wanna share my knowlege.

as i told before i started "dreamworks" (funny wordgame! noticed that the films include hints to this topic?) with eight.
the first step was to become aware in dreams that i´m dreaming.
that was not to hard for me as i did unconscious before.
i noticed i could alter my dreams by will. but not long.

Then i trained to fall in sleep with staying "awake" in mind. that was much harder and i did it after two month of every day training.

Then i tried the castanedas gates. first look at your hand, then move out of your body, then become aware of your energybody, then move around.
Suddenly i could see me sleep, could go through materia, even could fly. It was an amazing feeling!

The strangest was how to move. When you focus on s.t. suddenly u are moving towards it. You even go into this sphere.
example: u stand on a street, going on until horizon.
then you see beside the street, a rock.
you focus on it and it feels like u where thrown directly in front of the rock. the rock becomes bigger and bigger and suddenly u are standing in a "new world" at the very surface at this rock.

it is really iteresting because u can use it for switching astral dimensions. There are significant signs who bring u to special spheres. but it´s not undangerous, cause u may trap into it and maybe are not possible to come back. (coma, matrix...)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I've done a few odd things over the years.

As a kid I could hear things that logically couldn't be heard if I wanted to know what was happening at a distance, (I mean a mile or two away.) I'd just focus and listen and hear as clearly as if they were close bye.
I could also just shut my eyes and "see" the family clock. These things seemed quite normal. I lived in a little backward community and people there just accepted what happened without judgemental ideas that certain things are impossible.

If I got teased too much on the school bus I'd rise up out of my body. That was fun because I could float around and look at everyone.

When kids at school were hurting, (mostly muscle sprains or headaches,) they'd come to me to make them better. Touching where they hurt seemed to help.

When I was 14 a friend was about to tell me what her mother gave her for her birthday. Suddenly I could see her new hand-made embroidered cardigan in front of me, just like it was really there. With my mind I could turn it inside out and move it around, looking at everything carefully. June was pretty surprised when I described it exactly and asked me to "see" things for our other three friends. So I tried to, just to make them happy.

This all happened in the schoolyard, just sitting on our favourite patch of grass in a shady area. About as mundane a setting as you could pick.
I "saw" one in a big car (which I'd never seen) with her family and described everything, and she said that was an outing they'd just had. I "saw" another outside her house, which again I'd never seen, And she was delighted that I could describe it. The third vision then came with no effort at all. I saw Elizabeth all in white, with wings and a halo. I didn't know what to say, but it seemed the look on my face gave it away. They kept pressuring me to tell and I just couldn't. Then Elizabeth started to cry, "I'm going to die, aren't I? I'm going to die!"

Obviously there was no point in keeping my mouth shut, so I told them what I'd seen.

That night Elizabeth got home to find her mother greeting her with a surprise. It was an outfit she'd made her for a fancy-dress ball.
She was the happiest angel there.

I never tried to see things like that again.

Quite a few things happened around that age. Fourteen year old girls are renowned for this stuff. Another time I dreamed a friend introduced me to her mother, who was wearing a large brightly coloured hat covered with fruit. At a local dance the next week she wanted to take me to the other side of the hall to meet her mother. I said, pointing, "Oh, I see her over there."
"How do you know that's her?" my friend asked suspiciously. Realising I'd given myself away to this born-again Christian friend who was obsessed with looking for witches, I tried to cover, telling her she'd described the hat to me recently.
"How could I?" she demanded. "Mum only bought that yesterday."

Telepathy is something I've always taken for granted. I'm sure there's a natural explanation for it and it's not paranormal at all. I feel my kid's emotion's when they are strong, to the extent of knowing when they need recuing, and knowing once when my daughter, being badly treated while working at Hungry Jacks, was aching to throw bricks through their window. It took a while to sort out that time that the anger was not mine, and work out what was going on.

When people are wanting to tell me something but holding it back I hear it anyway. I tend to answer before I realise I heard with my mind, not my ears, which has left some people pretty perplexed.

I've had other predictive dreams as an adult, and been warned of danger about to happen, which meant I could save myself from an accident on the road which would most likely have killed me.

I know there's a bunch of stuff I've left out, but I can't remember it all at once. Lots of other healing incidents, but they are just an aspect of what I am rather than something I intentionally do.

The weirdest thing to happen to me was when a big creepy man forced me into a corner and tried to kiss me. He revolted me so much I couldn't bear to touch him to push him off, and I was furious because of his recent lies and manipulative behaviour. Without intending to I lifted a hand that wasn't a hand, both my physical hands were down at my sides still, and all my pent up anger and disgust came out at once in something between a punch and a bolt of lightening, and he landed sprawling on the floor on the other side of the room. (I was molested as a kid, and I think the anger from that had been waiting to break through.)
He ran.

My daughter was dating his son, so he spoke to her when he got back home. "I don't know what your mother is, but she certainly isn't human." He was still shaking and downed a bottle of spirits.

From all the things that have happened to me I can only believe our physical world is an illusion, and we are all one interconnected organism.
This means we should care just as much for any stranger as we do for ourselves, because self is an illusion. You are just as much me as I am.

Chatting to people on the internet can be a great tool for spiritual growth, because developing caring, even loving, relationships with people you never see helps break down the boundaries of self. I'd recommend everyone practice exchanging loving hugs with people in other countries.
I don't mean sexting, at least not unless the relationship has developed into a loving commitment.

You can feel love and hugs being given from across the world, even unplanned ones when your computers are turned off. You just need to practice tuning in to a person and caring about them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join