It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Box EVP Real Spirit Communication? - videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello everyone! I am posting this on Thanksgiving day - so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you well and say that I hope that you're having a great holiday and that you have plenty to reflect on and be thankful for.

The Ghost Box is one of the new trends in paranormal investigation equipment. Versions of this device have been seen on some of the paranormal research television shows lately including PRS and Ghost Adventures.

The idea is that spirits can use raw material, which is present from regular FM and AM radio frequencies as a continuous scan is done, to communicate with the operator. Short Wave sweeps are also done but the majority of the devices which are being made are FM/AM because they are inexpensive and the modifications you have to make to them are fairly easy.

These devices are highly controversial and many of the researchers are discounting them. Personally I feel they are just as credible as say a medium who speaks to spirits and hears responses. I believe there to be some kind of psychic connection between the operator and the spirits which is being enhanced by the device.

I recently started working with one of these devices that I modified myself and have had some pretty interesting results. I invite you to have a look at my videos and see for yourself.

1st

2nd

3rd

As I said - I realize that these devices are controversial which is why I'm posting this in "The Grey Area." I know that not everyone is going to think that these are of value. But I am interested in your opinions and welcome your feedback.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
way cool... credible or not, that was funky.

could jason have been there because the devil was BORED not board.. heheh

nice work!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I hadn't thought about the devil being bored haha - I did wonder if the spirit itself was bored. Especially if it's hanging around our yard, there isn't much going on around here really.

Interestingly though a couple of nights ago my wife saw a dark mist in our bedroom and it really scared her. I'm wondering if we may have inadvertently let something in. I don't think it's anything malevolent though, maybe we are just opening up to the experiences more and these things are happening all the time. ? *shrug*

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Although it is fun to think of EVP as some sort of communication with spirits, it's not. It's what happens when the human mind is presented with random information. The mind seeks to find patterns in the information presented to it. If there is no pattern, the mind will often create one or perceive one anyway.

For EVP, the subject listens to basic "white noise", which sounds like the hiss of static or of rushing water. White noise has no pattern. It is random.

Some people who listen to white noise are convinced that they can hear various words or even phrases in it. In most cases, they are the only ones who can hear the words. In the Websites that offer recordings of words, I have not been able to hear the same words that the original subject heard. Even when the words are shown as text, I cannot make them out in the recordings. Most people I've asked also cannot make out the words. If they do hear a word or two, it is not the same ones the original person heard.

In 1953, Nobel Prizewinner Irving Langmuir discussed the phenomenon of mistaken perceptions in science, coining the term, "Pathological Science (although see this article for a rebuttal to Langmuir).

According to Langmuir, one of the common features of pathological science is that it often occurs at the outer limits of human perception - in such a way that only a few people are sensitive enough to note the phenomenon. This is sometimes called the "threshold response" When other experimenters cannot duplicate the results, this is explained as the lack of sensitivity on the part of the experimenter. When an experiment cannot be duplicated, it usually means that the original experiment was flawed.

EVP is one of those threshold phenomena. We are at the limit of human perception, listening to white noise. Some people are going to perceive words in that noise. However, when others listen to the same recording, they generally do not hear the same words.

But let's just say that, for some reason, EVP really works, that the voices in it are real. Why must they be of "ghosts"? If you're listening to static on a radio, the odds are very good that you're hearing a broadcast from far away and catching the occasional word from it. But even if the voices aren't from the radio, who says they're from departed spirits? Why not demons, angels, disembodied entities (not deceased people, but something that doesn't exist in bodily form), bleedthrough from other dimensions or parallel universes, and so on? Even time-related phenomena (someone's future or past voice getting heard in the present).

So there are actually two questions here:

1. Does the EVP phenomenon exist? My experience says, "no".

2. If the EVP phenomenon does exist, is it necessarily departed spirits? I can see no reason why it must be that, rather than some other possibility.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

thats really cool seems credible, intelligent, and responsive to me do you have any diagrams of the mod tot he device you made you could pass along for everyone else to give a try?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

You have very apparently never heard some of the very clear and very apparent EVPs that are out there......

Listening to white noise and picking apart things i know is shaky at best.

But when you are two men in a room talking and a little girls voice comes in out of no where on a recording , where there are CLEARLY no little girls at 3 am in the morning, id have to say that theory gets shot to hell........

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
@chiron613 - Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it when someone can give an opposing opinion without insulting the OP and you definitely have some valuable insights to share.

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

thats really cool seems credible, intelligent, and responsive to me do you have any diagrams of the mod tot he device you made you could pass along for everyone else to give a try?

Yes - the device is a 30$ radio shack portable radio and the modification is very easy to do. Here is a video that shows how step by step.

How to Hack a 12-587

I really think more people should experiment with these. I don't claim them to be absolute proof of anything. I think a full investigation should have a lot more to it than just the ghost box, but I think they can add to paranormal investigations quite well. I also think that doing the regular method of EVP recording is good to do. This is just something new thats out there that I think deserves some attention.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

hey thanks alot man much appreciated gonna go get one tomorrow and do this! so your located in TN i take it?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE

hey thanks alot man much appreciated gonna go get one tomorrow and do this! so your located in TN i take it?

Np at all - I will be interested to know what you find. Going to add you as a friend. Please u2u me when you start working with it and point me to any threads you make from it.

And Yes I'm in TN.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

sure thing, hopefully i'll be feeling better enough to get out this weekend and give it a try , been sick for about a week now but keeping it at bay. But most def. going to pick one up friday

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You're hearing bits and pieces of random noises. This isn't credible or accurate. I could hear a ton of words in muffled static radio feeds as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
You're hearing bits and pieces of random noises. This isn't credible or accurate. I could hear a ton of words in muffled static radio feeds as well.

thanks but i think i'll decide for myself if it works or not instead of taking 2nd hand opinions

new topics

top topics

join