It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first UFO encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My first UFO sighting occurred a while back in Hertfordshire UK, around ten to fifteen years ago; I can’t remember the exact year although I did file a report online which I have been searching for. If I find it I will update the post but I have been looking for a while.

I had been out with one of my friends for the evening and he dropped me home at the end of the night on the corner of the street. It was a cloudy night and as I rounded the corner I looked up and saw what I thought was the moon behind the clouds. I turned again and started to walk up my driveway and then spotted the actual moon in a different part of the sky (break in the clouds). So now I am standing in my front garden and I can clearly see the moon and also a large shining object still behind cloud cover that I thought was the moon?!? I stand there for a few minutes trying to work out what it is, with no luck! I rush inside and get my entire family outside, the unknown object was directly opposite our front door. Pointing up I ask them what that is, the response was what my initial thought was “it’s the moon”. At which point I state it’s not and point out the actual moon which is about 90 degrees off to the left, at which point there is silence.

None of us could work out what it was, it just hung there in the sky behind the cloud about the same size and brightness as the moon. It was really weird, as we are all standing watching it somewhat puzzled the weirdness stepped up a gear. Suddenly what appeared to be rings of light started to come off the object, like smoke rings or the ripple of a stone dropped in a pond. The rings went right out from the object across the horizon, the silence in the air was stunning and everyone was speechless. The pulses of light come of this object happened at regular four or five second intervals. The rings were noticeable, not just light pulsing off but a fully formed ring radiating out from the object across the sky.

It was truly amazing to see even covered by cloud, it then appeared to be dropping down. It got brighter as it did and stopped just above the cloud base frustratingly just out of clear view. We all watched this object for sometime (ten minutes I guess), I started to walk down the driveway towards it and stopped at the edge of the road (large open field opposite with a hill). I continued to watch for a few minutes more, in the corner of my eye the neighbours’ bathroom light came on and in that instant the object shot off over the top of my house and out of view at amazing speed and vanished. All the time throughout the sighting there was no noise whatsoever, and I had that being watched feeling throughout but was never afraid or worried by the experience. Before I had been a fairly hardened skeptic, but that ended on that evening that’s for sure as I have never been able to work out what it was apart from it being quite simply a UFO.

It was amazing, I have no evidence to back it up only my family’s confirmation that it happened. I can totally understand why some people cannot provide evidence as the last thing on my mind was to grab a camera! I was totally transfixed on it and didn’t want to miss even a microsecond!

Continued..

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Now the most disturbing thing occurred, the entire family went inside and obviously I was mega excited and wanted to talk about what we had all seen. My families reaction was very very strange, they acknowledge that they saw it but went a bit zombie on me. They each split up and carried on whatever they were doing as if nothing major happened, it freaked the hell out of me and just remembering it sends a shudder down my spine! They were like this for about two months, and to be honest did not behave or react as they normally did at all. It was like they weren’t my family just blank shells, I had a big problem with it and didn’t feel comfortable at all. I had sleep problems and couldn’t relate to any of them like I did before.

As I said this passed after a couple of months and we can talk about the sighting but there is still some block or lack of ease in talking about it with them which persists to this day. Both my brother and I have talked about getting hypnotised to run through the night again to see if something clicks but I have my reservations about doing that. The bit that has haunted me is the difference in mine and my family’s reaction and the fact they went all zombie like on me for quite a long time, it is hard to put into words but they behaved really strange. Why was my reaction different, did something happen to me or maybe them? I don’t know but something definitely happened that night and I can’t explain it.

I thought I would share, it was the most impressive thing I have ever seen and I would give anything and I mean anything just to be back there to see it again. If anyone has seen anything fitting the description or has any ideas what it was please let me know. To me there is no doubt we are not alone in this universe and its only a matter of time..

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds amazing.

Without evidence of an abduction, my guess is that your family's strange zombie-like reaction was due to having their belief system seriously challenged and the efforts they were unconsciously making to repair it and to 'delete, distort and generalize' (according to NLP) the sighting away in order to protect their mental status quo.

Your reaction was different. Despite formerly being a skeptic, you did not resist the new information and a new experience but were willing and able to change and adapt and to remodel your belief system. This probably disconnected you from your family somewhat who did not want to or could not make that transition with you. They were perhaps unconsciously working on 're-hypnotizing' themselves to their former oblivious mindset, while you were trying to get them to accept or at least acknowledge what they had seen and it's implications.

That would be my take on it.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

That sounds certainly possible, I just find it hard to put it into words how "different" they were. Don't think any of us were taken, or I certainly don't remember that at least and if that did happen I would prefer to keep it that way!

It was like their brains had rebooted, it was very odd. I certainly find some comfort in your comment, many thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting. Maybe the family is just so shocked they just can't believe what they saw. Probably trying to make sense of what they saw. But anways thank you for sharing your experience. Keep us updated if you see anything else!!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by capgirl]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
reply to post by Malcram

That sounds certainly possible, I just find it hard to put it into words how "different" they were. Don't think any of us were taken, or I certainly don't remember that at least and if that did happen I would prefer to keep it that way!

It was like their brains had rebooted, it was very odd. I certainly find some comfort in your comment, many thanks.

I actually observed a similar thing happen to my father when we saw something 'anomalous'. We were in driving the middle of the countryside, at night, pitch black, in a very remote part of the country. I started to see a bright green light in the sky, like a massive spotlight, shimmering and moving from side to side. I knew I was seeing something very unusual and I immediately started excitedly talking about it to my father and shouted for him to stop the car. He would not. in fact he didn't even reply or respond in any way. I just got more and more excited, and then quite angry that he wouldn't stop. I knew that, whatever it was, it was weird and remarkable and I wanted to get out to have a really good look. I was shouting at him, but he just ignored me completely, like I was invisible. When we got home he denied seeing anything and pretended like nothing had happened and wouldn't talk about it. I was shocked. Over the next few days he was acting very strange - rather like you described.

Some time later we read that the 'northern lights' had been seen in this area in an unusually bright display (they are never usually seen in this part of the country). When he realized this he admitted that he had seen the light, but didn't know what it was (it looked really weird, not as we have seen them look on TV) and he had become very scared - I don't even think he knew what he was scared of, just the unknown I suppose, and we were in a remote area at night). Then he had felt ashamed for being scared and not stopping the car so he had pretended he hadn't seen it and basically tried to forget the whole thing. He had been weird with me because he felt secretly silly and guilty and was just trying to forget the whole thing.

So if people can freak out over the northern lights imagine what it might do to their heads seeing what you and your family saw LOL.

Then again. maybe there is more to it also. Only you know how weird your family got and if these explanations would cover it.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

That sounds simular in response, but two months was a long wait sleeping with one eye open. I honestly thought they were going to turn into pod men from Mars at any second. I spent "alot" of time out of the house

I just hope and pray someone turns up with a video clip of something like it. I know I would spot it in a second, that day certainly changed me for life and for the better I think. I wasn't such a nice guy before I am ashamed to say, everything did a 360 that night.

I still feel to this very day a strong pull towards whatever it was, i hope before my time is up we can get re-introduced. It would be so cruel of life to just have such a brief glimps, I live in hope! I certainly am more prepared now.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I can defintely identify with the camera being the last thing on your mind. My first sighting my friend and I were so mesmerized by the object since we were expecting to see a helicopter that capturing the moment would have been an afterthought. Not to mention the fact that the object was black against the night sky with no lights on it so a pic wouldn't have shown much. The same was true when I witnessed another aerial phenomena years later when camera phones were pretty much the standard. Even though the sighting lasted about 5 minutes I never thought about taking a pic but I did try calling my friend while it was happening.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AvidWatcher

Exactly! Which is the main reason I guess we have to wade through miles and miles of plastic saucers hanging from trees and CGI master class projects.

It does not help the cause at all, but if it happened again tomorrow I am certain I wouldn't have a picture either again. Your mind just forgets about all evidence gathering in an instant when faced with the real deal.

I bet the number of real sightings is a lot higher than you would expect, it has taken me a long time to share my story. Genuine people feel silly without concrete proof, and that is a result of the mass media poking fun at people who see little green men. Makes me sick to be honest

Wise old saying "he who laughs last, laughs longest"

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I've had a very similar experience. Mine also took place
in a very remote location...Montana.

The reaction would be "flight" or "fight" and there is not
a whole lot of thought given to snapping pictures.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Cool that you had a UFO experience. The vast majority of us have not, so we can't relate. I've seen plenty of lights in the sky, but nothing that exhibited any characteristics that would give me pause to consider it out of the ordinary.

Did you contact and report this to any UFO organizations? Might want to just in case someone else saw it and reported it to.

And not to worry about the lack of pics/video. Not many have the right equipment to properly catch something like that at night on film. A cheap camcorder or even a medium priced camera would not have produced results worth discussing unless am experienced hand was operating them with a clear head and little pressure.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I did report it but cannot remember where as it is such a long time ago. I never had any response or followup at all on it, I am still trying to find the original report to get the date.

Someone else must have seen it I am sure, it was really like a second moon in the sky; It was huge! I am very much into astronomy and have a nice 10" scope, I have observed the sky for many many hours and can spot most of the obvious things which are often reported as UFO's.

I had another sighting last month actually again witnessed with someone else, which was good but nothing compared to my first. It was two very bright balls of light which looked like car headlights in the sky, the intensity of the light and the weird photoshop like bloom effect coming off them stood out instantly. It was a totally clear sky with no cloud cover or wind. It was very bright and unusual, as they moved from the front of my field of view to the left and over the horizon, the two objects held formation in my direction. Imagine a car pointing at you and driving to your left but it skews so the headlight remain on you. It was exactly like that, again no noise and quite low. I would say around 5000ft but thats a guess not knowing how large they were. Speed was consistant and appeared quite slow but not knowing alt for sure its hard to tell.

I really do look for them, my dream goal would be to setup a mini research centre with dark skies somewhere in central Europe (mountains if possible) to get some good coverage. I might get there one day, if I do I will let you know! I am moving to the target location next year (February) permanently to try and get something setup beyond a semi decent scope in my back garden surrounded by light pollution! At least dark skys would help alot and as far away from commercial flight paths as possible.

I am going to try and do it off my own back without external funding so that it is truly independant and objective. Seems to me that to many people have a book or dvd to sell. (loved Stanton on a video clip recently holding up his book every five seconds) I am not interested in money or fame, I will end up living the simple life in a country which I dont speak the language hopefully to find the proof thats really needed. Will let you know how it goes but it is going to take years to get where it needs to be.

I have some design ideas for observation equipment which I might ask some of the more technical minded to help with. First off the bat is a tower mounted obsevation platform with a camera pod including several types (colour /IR etc) linked and aligned to four sets of Binos covering each compass point on the platform. So at the press of the button the camera pod aligns to that set of binos and starts recording, both digital and film. I have a few other ideas floating around as well but it will take time and money. I will get there though, my lady is very supporting in my project

My motto is if you want something get off your butt and get it yourself, I want open disclosure to the world.

new topics

top topics

join