It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin tells Canada to get rid of public health care

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people.

...and in all fairness, at least as far as Mercer is concerned, he capitalises on the fact that most folks get flummoxed in front of a camera.

Marg is my second favourite Canadian...who knew my favourite would end up being a gay Newfoundland? Jeez, I love this country!

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck[/url]
Did you honestly find this insulting?
Or do you even give her that much credit?

Naw...we're pretty humble up here. We simply relish the attention, eh?.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

It is a thing of great national pride, when it's not being distorted by American Media as being worse than it is.

And yes, it's kind of upsetting that so many people agree with Palin's ideals in the States about healthcare.

Too many of you are clinging to lies and propaganda when it comes to healthcare, we are tired of being the scapegoats.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I should in all fairness state again publicly that I favour a single payer system for health care. More like the canadian system is less like the u.k. It's not a popular opinion in the states as yet.

Don't worry even if Obama is voted out, it won't be palin here. The party she symbolizes is cracking up. I like the fact that polarizing figures like her, rush, beck et al are helping to herald it's break up. I can respect a conservative that argues for less spending when it's fiscal and not political. Perhaps real conservatives can somehow rise out of this quagmire.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

To tell you the truth I am not worried about any of the next election cycles, whether it be Republican or Democrat.

Simply because I see both parties going through MAJOR change in the next few years, some for the better and some for the worse.

You are right about the Republican party. It's become splintered and the talking head extremists have taken over the voice of it, making a fool out of all republicans, whether moderate or not.

As far as the democrats go, well they are in no better a place. They can't seem to control their spending, or keep promises for real change among other things.

2012 is really going to be a toss up.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Syphon
Canadian telling Palin to get stuffed.

Second line.

C'mon man. Rise above that crap. You know what Mary Walsh is about. Palin doesn't. If she had been aware of the parody she may have played along with it.

Palin is a parody...she has enormous comedic value.

Even more so because she does not realize it. I don't think she is a "bad" person per se, but her ego far outstrips her intellect. And people like that are funny to watch.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Oh. Well. If Sarah Palin tells Canada to get rid of their popular health care system, they better do it right away. She has so much power in that country.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Sestias]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join