It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin tells Canada to get rid of public health care

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

Palin tells Canada to get rid of public health care

By Daniel Tencer
Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 -- 8:33 pm
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

palin Palin tells Canada to get rid of public health careOh, Canada -- beware American ideologues bearing advice.

Sarah Palin inadvertently stepped into Canadian politics earlier this week when she told the crew of a CBC comedy show that America's northern neighbor should "reform its health care system and let the private sector take over" the country's medical services.

Comedian Mary Walsh of the comedy show This Hour Has 22 Minutes, a sort of Canadian Daily Show, stormed a recent Palin book-signing in Columbus, Ohio, and said to the former Alaska governor: "I just wanted to ask you if you have any words of encouragement for Canadian conservatives who have worked so hard to try to diminish the kind of socialized medicine we have up there."

The question was tongue-in-cheek: Walsh's character, Marg Delahunty, may be a conservative, but the CBC's comedy show is decidedly not.

Walsh was pushed out of the Borders outlet as Palin tried to answer the question, but later, in the parking lot outside, Palin told Walsh that she should "keep the faith because common sense conservatism can be plugged in there in Canada too. In fact, Canada needs to reform its health care system and let the private sector take over some of what the government has absorbed."

I think it's great that exGov. Palin wants to get involved in other countries affairs;
She has been so successful in her endevors. Cut and run in Alaska and single handedly gave the presidential election to the Democrats.

And on the Healthcare issue she is right on. Healthcare for profit is certainly the way to go so that the CEOs and Exc's of the HMOs can buy more Porsches, condos in Vail and send their kids to Ivy league schools, European vacations and country club memberships[/sarcasm off]

www.ucpress.edu...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Canadian telling Palin to get stuffed.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syphon

Second line.

C'mon man. Rise above that crap. You know what Mary Walsh is about. Palin doesn't. If she had been aware of the parody she may have played along with it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Maybe if Canada reformed their health care system, Canadians wouldn't have to come here for quality care?

Palin was asked a question, ambushed or not, and she answered it truthfully, kind of refreshing for a politician.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Maybe if Canada reformed their health care system, Canadians wouldn't have to come here for quality care?

Palin was asked a question, ambushed or not, and she answered it truthfully, kind of refreshing for a politician.

Do you actually KNOW Canadians that have gone there, or are you just assuming that Canadians go there? Maybe if the US reformed their health care, you guys wouldn't have to come here for health care.

I find 22 Minutes to be way too biased, and way too exploitative of foreign people. I am sure they would get a similar response in other countries. I am sure if some American show of a similar vein came up here and asked similar questions, they would get enough responses to make us look like asses (a la Rick Mercer "talking to Americans").

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lol I remember reading about this day before yesterday, the article was labeled Palin gone Retard: Tells Canada to get rid of Health Care. It was amusing to know how ignorant and uneducated she is on global matters.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Failen Pailen!

One foot in her mouth and another foot getten ready to be put in her mouth once the first foot is out.

She does have that folksy thing but to me she a wolf in sheep clothing.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Maybe if Canada reformed their health care system, Canadians wouldn't have to come here for quality care?"

Yeah, those stupid Canadians, paying taxes and selling their homes to pay for the same operation which they can get at no cost in Canada.

"It was amusing to know how ignorant and uneducated she is on global matters."

Which makes her a perfect politician and Presidential candidate for the USA. See first comment in quotes above.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I am Dual Citizen born in US and raised there but Canada is my home for now. If Palin were ever elected President in the States I would lose all faith in the Americans, consider them all retards and renounce my citizenship for life.

If she is even nominated I will puke for days. I hate her, she makes me sick.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Anyone else see the connection here?

exGov. Palin is apparently hooking up with the Tea Bag movement; an anti healthcare group that is funded by big pharma, insurance co. and HMOs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like exGov. Palin now has $ to persue her bid for the WH. Third party or GOP that is the question as I see it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Come on now. Don't be too hard on her. She should know something about Canadian politics and healthcare because she can see Canada from her house.

I think her statement is probably making Canadians think, "Well if she said to change what we are doing, then we must be doing something right".

edit to add: BTW, thanks for the plug.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Second line.

C'mon man. Rise above that crap. You know what Mary Walsh is about. Palin doesn't. If she had been aware of the parody she may have played along with it.

Tell me you're joking. Am I to understand that you think we should give Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt that this:

may be a serious journalistic effort without hint of parody or irony?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Second line.

...and how much fun would that be? Recall when Mercer asked Gov. Bush about his relationship with Prime Minister Jean Poutine? I still larf.

Talking with Americans is fun...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamale_214

Dude, that was not what she was wearing. Check out the video:

www.globalpost.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Palin got punked again?

I'm glad she's opined. I bet the canadians can't wait to just throw out their healthcare and join us in our market based insurance scams.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, as we all know when Sarah Palin opens her mouth she tends to allow it to fall down the stairs. Considering this was with This Hour Has 22 Minutes, I am assuming perhaps she had been duped into thinking it was actually a news channel.

Then again, I give her too much credit.

All jokes aside however, when Mrs. Palin tells the world or a country to do something, it's been proven time and time again that we should do the exact opposite.

Allow the private sector to take over health care? What are we crazy? I'll keep my free health care thank you very much.

None of this 5K to fix a broken leg..

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Palin got punked again?

I'm glad she's opined. I bet the canadians can't wait to just throw out their healthcare and join us in our market based insurance scams.

www.democraticunderground.com...

Here's the URL for the video...you be the judge...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American people. A guy I know said that Palin will bring common sense conservatives to the polls. I responded that "I have yet to see what she has in common with common sense conservatives. She's a nutty soccer mom, and that I don't see how conservative Christians can vote for someone who's daughter had a child while out of wedlock since that runs contrary to conservative Christian family values." He didn't like my response at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I...she was serious...

I just can't believe this. This is nothing like the phone call under false pretenses.

I've seen your comments, and spoke to other canadians about healthcare. It's a matter of national pride with you all it seems.

Did you honestly find this insulting?

Or do you even give her that much credit?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Tamale_214

Dude, that was not what she was wearing. Check out the video:

www.globalpost.com...

OK, you win this round. :-). Still I gotta say, boourns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join