It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 year old lost his driving licence for partying to much!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I got over this strange artical about this 20 year old guy from Norway who lost his driving lisence because the polise thaugt he was partying to much, he did not drink AND drive, he just drank.... I think this is wery alarming ...

www.aftenbladet.no...

The transelation is pretty good.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Preventative measures?

I too, think its alarming that police can strip a license away from observations. But, there has to be more to this story.

This is quite alarming, but I guess nothing surprises me lately.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You should see what uk is doing with precrime.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eriathwen

What is alarming about this?
Maybe the cops are trying to do their job.
They may even know this kid and are just trying to look out for
him.
Think of the horror most cops are witness to. That is one thing I give cops the most credit for.
If that kid was being observed all messed up on more than one ocassion
I doubt this action would have been taken. They are probably doing him a
big service.
Maybe this kid needs to just simmer down a little bit. Ya think?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You think that they should strip the license off of yourself if they see you drink every weekend?

They might be doing him a favor, but still.

There are millions of people that do the same exact thing. How can we say this is justified? That's why I say there's got to be more to the story.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by havok]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi

I wonder If you read the related articles like this: www.aftenbladet.no...

Its the same story, the guy lost his license cause he was playing loud music and partying in his house, he has been observed downtown partying once and has never been taken in by the police before...
Yes i think this is alarming

Use google transelation its pretty good, i tried to post a transelation but i dont think I succeded

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's called Pre-Crime and it's the latest rage amongst the police state wannabees. It's not just Norway either.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I think its very alarming and that this area needs some attention, might this be another sign of the manifestation of human "slavery" and nwo

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
It's called Pre-Crime and it's the latest rage amongst the police state wannabees. It's not just Norway either.

Welcome to the world of "Minority Report".

Cops need to let people live their lives and leave us alone. Only when a person's actions harm another person should police get involved.

The "nanny state" sucks!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Norway has always been a bit tough like that - I've heard that the booze over there is outrageously expensive because they are trying to prevent people becoming alcoholics... I can't personally see the logic in taking away his driving licence though, unless there are other serious factors that are not being reported here...

Maybe they should of put him into compulsory counselling - or even an alcohol program or something? - 3 years man?? You would get considerably less than that for all manner of actual driving offences here in the UK, some really bad ones too!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yeah it realy makes "inocente till proven guilty" the centurys biggest joke, and what he is klaimed guilty for, has no relation to the punishedment!
He is "guilty" of playing lowd music while drinking alcohol and reciving a ticket for the "crime".. why not "punish" him by saing : you aint allowed to play music under the toxication of alcohol in 3 years, cause you cant handle it without disturbing youre naighbours!, wich is infact what this whole thing is about...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Well by knowing trugh the article the guy had once in his life been observed drunk downtown, and it said that he never had been involved with the police in any ocation, not even the time he had been observed drunk. So he has not committed a crime of any kind, (its still not a crime being drunk in Norway, but it is a crime drinking in a public street)

[edit on 11/26/2009 by eriathwen]

top topics

join