It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which branch of military has the "easiest" basic training, and what branch would be best for me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Also I would like to tell you right now that yes the Coast Guard deploys...sometimes alot. Often times they will supplement the Navy when needed.

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Navy/Marine Intelligence (NMITC)

Your training is just a couple miles south of Virginia Beach in Dam Neck, VA

plus, your clearance will get you places when you get out.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
thank you guys, for some very good information!

...and for those out there that are anti-military, well, i'm right there with you!! i believe in the same things you do when it comes to a strong disliking of any force that will carry out acts of war and oppression on it's own kind - unfortunately though, with the (mis)leaders of today's world, war's probably going to exist for quite a while, like it always has, and i might as well do something as peaceful as possible and take advantage of a decent job to support my new family. i know what you mean though about joining a service that supports terror and oppression to advance by stepping on others, and i really don't like it at all! it's just that, finding a job where i am has been harder than ever, and i may not have a choice, because god knows the military is always hiring! i wouldn't go in it for just money, either...

i used to have that same mindset, thinking how could i possibly want to join a service that carries out such acts of atrocity throughout the world, but i'm just trying to take care of my family!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Massive amounts of ignorance, all boots are tough. You are going to be taught things that you're prior knowledge disagrees with, and told " you will"
you won't like some of the people you are stationed with, and be told "you will"
you are going to have your world ROCKED and told "we are the one and only".
If you buy the current Army commercials, vis-a-vis, "an Army of one",
you're screwed.
If you are joining for monetatry reasons, join the crowd.
Join for one reason and one reason alone, you want to.
You love being an American?
You love being more free than the people you meet from Europe, SA, Asia, etc.,....
You ready to do what it takes to secure what freedoms we are still enjoying, ready to take the oath that demands you swear allegience to the flag, the constitution and the President, who matter wo that may be, respecting that person as YOUR Commander In Chief?
Take it from me, I own a purple ID, people in the know understand that, and if you don't think you can pull the trigger, stay home.
Go beg under the Freeway, we don't want pacifists, we want dedicated warriors

All of the military branches are full of them, Coasties included.
And if as one poster decided, you think coasties didn't get deployed, look at Viet Nam deaths for Coast Guard personell.
We all go.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Taking an ease route for anything is a cop out in the long run . Look any military services career is going to involve some kind of hardship even if it is just the amount of time you spend away from your family and friends on the home front . Surely if somebody enlists for the wrong reasons they are in for a rude shock when it comes to something like being deployed overseas .

Cheers xpert11 .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join