It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Stock Exchange trading hit by technical glitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

London Stock Exchange trading hit by technical glitch

u2w3.com

Trading on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) has been brought to a halt by technical difficulties.
The LSE said it had been affected by connectivity issues and at 1033 GMT had placed all orders for shares into an "auction call period".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ft.com
www.reuters.com

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'm no money expert but I find this interesting taking into account the news from Dubai today.

I have had the news on and listened as they announced slides in share prices with the announcement that Dubai is in trouble over debt. There is a strong link between London and Dubai so this was never going to be a good day.

However, with this 'technical hitch' comes a bit of a pause in the slide.

Maybe the LSE has been hit before by technical glitches that shut the system down but I would have imagined they would have numerous backup systems taking into account it it pretty much the heart of the world financial transactions.

Perhaps it is legit, perhaps it's not related to Dubai at all, but some other operation that we know nothing about...

Anyone in the know or who understands the markets will hopefully be able to post their findings once it comes back online, or let me know there is 'nothing to see here... move along'.

u2w3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26/11/09 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It is a very interesting story especially given the timing. The FSTE dropped almost 100 points in 2hrs this morning.

Techincaly they would operate to 5 9's, that is 99.99999 uptime and they for sure would have back ups or dual systems that fail over to each other in emergency. Im in London and there are no internet problems or similar reported by ISPs, unless anyone else can shed some light.

Im eagerly awaiting the opening of the US markets, might even pop to the bank and get out some cash. Just in case.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It is supposed to open again at 14:00 so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I know there are some hawk-eyed ATS members that watch movements on the exchanges so will be interesting to see what they spot (if anything) that may seem 'odd'.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Bit of background here

www.telegraph.co.uk...< br />
perhaps not to worrying

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yes that is an interesting read - I think very 'convenient' but as its probably stated, just a crash and no hidden agenda.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
possible big craash down 146 points ! Half way to the biggest ever

top topics

join