It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service Says Couple Crashed State Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Secret Service Says Couple Crashed State Dinner

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON - Crashing a state dinner at the White House apparently takes a security breakdown as well as some kind of nerve.

The Secret Service is looking into its own security procedures after determining that a Virginia couple, Michaele and Tareq Salahi, managed to slip into Tuesday night's state dinner at the White House even though they were not on the guest list,
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: title - to same as source]

[edit on 26-11-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is fantastic. First, nice job guys, we pay millions of dollars on state function security a year, and these yahoo's get in.

Second, WAY TO GO YAHOO'S! Takes intestinal fortitude AND lack of intelligence to get this done.

Is this the government we really fear? They can't even keep a couple of idiots out of their own party for God's sake. I think if TSHTF we need Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn to be our infiltrators. They could pull this off

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
At least they got their pics taken with some celebs...

One of the many photos from the dinner posted on Michaele Salahi's Facebook page shows the couple with a smiling Vice President Joe Biden. In other photos, they appear alone or together with White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, Washington Mayor Adrian Fenty, CBS News anchor Katie Couric, Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., and three Marines in their dress blues.

They probably think that the trespassing charge is worth it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well done tresspassers.
Yes they crashed the party, just goes to show that TPTB have not covered every option open to the public, we can waltz in and take pictures, whos to say we don't use their own weapons against them next time?
Oh they went through a metal detector to look for guns or knives, who's to say next time its not a 'suicide bio terrorist'? Someone with a contagious and infectious disease easily transmitted ?
TPTB are so preoccupied with bullets and assassination attempts they forget the most obvious, just walking up and shaking hands. or breaking necks? How easy would it have been to go up to the target , disarm them with a smile, shake their hand then grab them and break their necks?

Secret service personnel who let them in need to be dragged over the hot coals for this.

Anyway what am I so concerned about this for ? I'm a Brit and I think TPTB need to realise they are not safe, and this shows it.

[edit on 26/11/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You have to admit, this took brass ones. HUGE brass ones. You know your not on the guest list, but you decide that it's a good idea to crash a White House party.

Should these people get in trouble? Hell no! It's not their fault that Secret Service dropped the ball on this. They tried, and succeeded in something that in my opinion should have never happened.

Not only did they get in, they got touching distance to the VP.

It's a good thing these people were only there to party and not to do anything bad.

I say Kudos to the White House party crashers! Not only did they have the capstones to do this, but then they posted the pictures on Facebook.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Reading the article, the possibility is that some Whitehouse staffer allowed them in because they are welll known in DC social circles and have been at such events before. This was not a case of two unknown people crashing a 300 guest party by slipping in unnoticed.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I stopped laughing for a seco *chuckle* nd long enough to say, WELL DONE! Party crashing at it's finest. Although I do admit that is a pretty big security lapse, and I don't doubt heads will roll over this.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Already covered last night, see thread " Obamas 1st State Dinner Crashed By Couple" posted last night...

top topics

join