It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ayatollah: Occupiers, root of terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In a fiery, hate-filled and incendiary address to pilgrims visiting Mecca, Ayatollah Khamenei, Supreme Leader of Iran, once again blamed the US, Britain, France and Israel for all of the problems in the Muslim world. He also called upon young Muslims to "direct their anger" against the West who, he says, are the enemies of Islam and seek to destroy the "determination, spirits and morality" of the youth.

The speech, which also praised martyrdom in the name of Islam, is covered on the Press TV website, which is the official (government controlled) English language Iranian news service.

In a message to the pilgrims of the holy mosque in Mecca, the Leader of the Islamic Revolution warns of forces that are sponsoring terrorism in the region.

"Occupiers… organize and mastermind violent sectarian terrorism among regional nations," Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei said in his message.

"The Middle East and North Africa were once colonized and humiliated for more than a century by the Western governments of Britain and France and subsequently by America; their natural reserves were plundered, their free spirit was trodden upon and their nations were taken hostage," the Leader added.

Press TV

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Now, in my view this is nothing short of agitation. At a time when diplomatic tensions between Iran and the rest of the world are at an all time high, I would have thought that Khameni's rhetoric would be toned down just a bit. But he seems to have outdone himself this time.

The regime in Iran comes across as weak, paranoid, desperate and dangerous. They honestly believe that the West are responsible for the post-election violence and are seeking to shift the blame away from themselves and onto us.

Looking at the comments under the article is also very telling about the extremist views of Press TV's readership. For example, here are a few:

terrorist american forces will be sent to hell soon by the will of Almighty !

viva IRAN death to israel death to U.S.A.

The COLONISTS R using new methods to enslave Muslims, economic, philosophical, spiritual, material, "progressive thoughts" tripple facedness, mutual suspicions and hatered for our own Muslim brothers and U name it they are trying. Drugs, Exposives are just few other methods to subdue Muslim minds! may Allah acccept me as sacrifice for U and every other real shia!

Muslim world in particular and the rest of the world has turned into a wasteland; all the oppressed people who seek technology and better life should join one of the handful of the Brotherhood held areas, the last bastion of defence and power against the Hordes of Zionist and Liberal Monsters invading from the west. No racial barrier, as long as you hold the brotherhood values you are welcome to enlist.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Incidentally here's an excerpt from Khameni's 2008 Thanksgiving / Eid speech. Better or worse?

…the defeat of warmongers in America in the political and economic arenas and Muslim minorities’ regaining their true identity and dignity in most of the Western countries. These are all clear indications of the triumph and advancements of Islam in its struggle against its enemies in this century that is the 15th century of Lunar Hegira.

Brothers and sisters! These victories are all the fruits of jihad and sincerity…The wounded enemy is now resorting to anything and will spare no effort to strike back. We need to be resourceful, wise and to take advantage of opportunities. This way all the efforts of the enemy will fail. In the last thirty years, the enemies, mostly the US and Zionism, have been utilizing all their capacities but have failed miserably. The same thing will happen in the future, too, inshallah.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Matt, of course they did.

1) Do you honestly think they will take responsibility for destroying their own country???...............NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Iran is still full with unhappy people over their stolen election.

3) Whenever they need support, they jump on the It's all the west's fault wagon and religion, as that's the only way they can continue to remain in power.

remember it's :
Israels fault
US's fault
Frances fault
UK's fault
India's fault

Are we seening a pattern of blaming others for their self caused ill's???

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
remember it's :
Israels fault
US's fault
Frances fault
UK's fault
India's fault

Are we seening a pattern of blaming others for their self caused ill's???

I think thats a rather ignorant statement, as the west has done tremendous meddling in iran and arab/muslim world. I am dubious about these translations too, as when they translate, they always seem to reinforce, just there negative words.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Considering this is from Press TV, Iran's state news outlet, I find that somewhat doubtful.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Are you saying the west has not done meddling, and large amounts of it in iran?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I was commenting on your suggestion that this may all just be a mistranslation.

There's been plenty of meddling on all sides. The Mullahs do their fair share of meddling too. Obama offered a clean sheet from all that. This kind of rhetoric from their Supreme Leader does not suggest to me that they're interested.

By the way did you watch the BBC documentary on Neda's death and the green movement? Some very brave people are speaking out against the regime. It's an hour long but well worth the watch, highly recommended.

Here's part 1

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You are, of course, right.

I was not clear in my meaning, please allow me to explain.

Of course, PressTV is not a valid source, I agree.

My point by referencing from it was to show how Iran's religious leaders try to blame everyone in the world, except themselves.

Anydy, you are actually correct.

You see, that information came straight from Iran's terrorist times itself, PressTV.

I was pointing out how "ignorant-your term" to believe Iran and PressTV.

Of course al Iran's problems are self caused by their religious leaders, but they try to blame others for their actions and inaction's.

Perhaps I was not clear enough in not exactly crediting the terrorsit times, Iran's Spin team.

new topics

top topics

join