It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip Hop is raising our children to be ignorant and racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Where to start.

1. you are confused.
2. you need to stop trying to tell other people what music is doing to their families,cause its not Hip Hop thats doing it.
3. every hip hop show I go to, its far from what you see on T.V. and I go to A LOT of underground Hip Hop Shows, it is nothing but love when you walk in 90 percent of the time.
4. Every music genre has its goods and its bads.
5. Hip Hop is a reflection of everday life put into words, if you dont like it, change life and the music will change with it.
6.There is no 6, 5 is enough for this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I can't say that I'm the biggest rap fan, but when I listen to a good hip-hop album it's generally always really good, granted I listen out for the beats more than the lyrics. Hip-hop, like most popular genres today, is unfortunately getting tainted by the mainstream. How half of the people in the mainstream music industry manage to get more than $20 a year is beyond me.

Aware hip-hop is a pleasure to the ears. Unfortunately, a lot of the crap that kids (also, people my age) manage to succumb to is crap released by Lil Wayne and Soulja Boy among others.

I just find myself frustrated at how overt mainstream hip hop artists are with how they don't even care about their lyrics or anything, and how they only really care about the superficial things in life. It sickens me that people actually still support the artist, because he/she essentially just craps in the supporters' mouths. But hey, as long as it's got a good beat it's all good, right?

Also, promiscuity has been around for many, many years, and is an act predating hip-hop, so you can't blame hip-hop for it. You can't even blame parents, either. Individuals have a responsibility that they are bound to at birth. That responsibility is how you perceive the world around you, and how one handles the information that is presented to them. It is only up to the individual how they act.

It seems people that fall for mainstream mediocrity recklessly abandon themselves in order to conform to a safer standard of lviing. They buy into the fact that the plastic and jewels that are presented to them are all that one should live for. And why not, right? Those who increase awareness also find themselves in solitude in this world. Who wants to be alone? Having awareness shouldn't be treated negatively by society, but it is what it is. People like the feeling of acceptance. It's warm, comfortable and loving. Who'd want to venture outside of that realm?

To conclude, though, hip hop isn't to blame, only people that neglect their senses and buy into false idols are.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mplsbookworm

I agree. Why the youth likes to listen to this rhyming squatter music is beyond moi.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I said a hip hop a hibbit a hibbidibby hip hop baby don't stop! I still love the Sugar Hill Gang

So yeah, most hip hop, rap, metal, punk, [new age] rock, and pop nowadays is empty, soulless, contains nothing meaningful but an entrancing beat that draws you in while the lyrics brainwash you.

and ok the last generation of teen music was about teen rebellion with Nirvana, Sweet and some other bands who did that.

But I would like to point out that that was only along the lines of do what you want and not what your parents wanted. Nowadays a lot (not all) of heavily advertised (I'm talking about things like Miley Cyrus or Lil Wayne) teen music is about consumerism, pop culture trends, hateful things, or things you don't need to know about till you're at least 10. And the problem is that that is what everyone is listening to.

By and by there is a lot of good stuff in the endless wasteland of crap music no matter what genre buuuut the problem is that there is a big wasteland hiding it.. and we usually give in to that wasteland..

I stick to the classics...

[edit on 11/27/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Where to start.

1. you are confused.
2. you need to stop trying to tell other people what music is doing to their families,cause its not Hip Hop thats doing it.
3. every hip hop show I go to, its far from what you see on T.V. and I go to A LOT of underground Hip Hop Shows, it is nothing but love when you walk in 90 percent of the time.
4. Every music genre has its goods and its bads.
5. Hip Hop is a reflection of everday life put into words, if you dont like it, change life and the music will change with it.
6.There is no 6, 5 is enough for this thread.

Replies:
1) Great I am confused. You know me well enough to come to this conclusion. How can you tell me what I am by my one posting that you read? I am not confused sweety, I am informed. Stop pretending to know about something you have no idea about. Where are you from? Are you or do you know any people who were murdered due to gang violence? What is your credibility?

2) I need to stop telling people what hip hop is doing to their families...why? I see that it affects children that my kids know. I see it everyday in the course of my life. I am not telling people anything I am stating my opinion which I can easily back up without being judgmental or faking to be apart of a culture that I am not. You need to stop pretending and telling me what I NEED to be doing when I have a positive purpose. You need to wake the hell up.

3) I dont care where you go what hip hop show you attend. You are a buyer. You are a fan. You are not a factor in regards to the children I see daily whom are being taught a false reality. You are a problem. Every hip hop show you attend is about positivity? Great! Have you ever been in a freestyle cipher with a group of men and watch it grow into a full fledge fight where a man gets stabbed? Have you ever heard someone tell you the lyrics to Brother Lynchs songs but dont know who Willie Lynch is? Your an outsider. This is evident by your blindness.

4) LMAO- Yes and hip hop (not all, but main stream hip hop) DOES affect the culture of urban youth. Get out of your denial cloud and smell the fresh air. Kids are being hurt and you wanna waste time debating with me. Childish.

5) change life and the music will change with it? LMAO! Change whos life? Mine? My life is fine hun I dont need to change a thing. You change life. You step out and reach out to the 3- 10 year old girls who were tased on my daughters school bus last month because they were told to hate the poilce and yelled and kicked. You imagine a person who has seen someone get murdered for their Jordan tennis shoes. You imagine a group of girls who desire nothing but to be a video whore. You grow the hell up and stop trying to tell a music vet about music. I live this. I have lived this for years. I see the problem I see the damage and I CONTEST IT, not condone it!

The way I change life is by speaking about the troubles our youth. You, by ignoring a problem are ignoring the youth in MY community. I CARE. What the hell is the problem with caring? I need to stop caring because some un connected poster can type? Grow up and help our children!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yes, my posting does represent my view of hip hop, isnt that the purpose of individual posting? I state my opinion which I see undebatable. I am sorry, I have been there and done that with the music industry. I have heard demos and heard rap that is enlightening. But I am an artist myself and dont need to be musically motivated to build and understanding. Not my thing. I will always represent my feelings because that is what I am a master of...ME!

[edit on 11/27/09 by mplsbookworm]

"Yes, my posting does represent my view of hip hop, isnt that the purpose of individual posting?"

Amongst many other things yes. I never said it was not.

"I state my opinion which I see undebatable"

In other words you have said your bit and forget what anyone else has to say. Not a very nice attitude to have if you want to get a point across!!

"I am sorry, I have been there and done that with the music industry."

Fair enough but why are you sorry?

"I am an artist myself and dont need to be musically motivated to build and understanding"

A true artist respects the craft of other atrists, you obviously have no respect for the craft of hip hop given your one sided view!
You do not need to use hiphop to build an understanding but you can use a lot of conscious hiphop to help you understand many things, for hip hop/rap are life stories.....or others realities through words...if that does not motivate or move you then you are as good as dead.

"I will always represent my feelings because that is what I am a master of...ME!"

Clearly not!

IMHO you are an embaressment to the human race.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit777child

Ouch, I felt that one from here!

That wasn't really necessary, was it?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Yes, my posting does represent my view of hip hop, isnt that the purpose of individual posting? I state my opinion which I see undebatable. I am sorry, I have been there and done that with the music industry. I have heard demos and heard rap that is enlightening. But I am an artist myself and dont need to be musically motivated to build and understanding. Not my thing. I will always represent my feelings because that is what I am a master of...ME!

A true artist respects the craft of other atrists, you obviously have no respect for the craft of hip hop given your one sided view!
You do not need to use hiphop to build an understanding but you can use a lot of conscious hiphop to help you understand many things, for hip hop/rap are life stories.....or others realities through words...if that does not motivate or move you then you are as good as dead.

- Tell me what you know about being a true artist? Are you an artist or are you a fan? I have no respect for the craft? You can not tell me about hip hop and the stories told. Do you wanna debate lyrics and artists and origins of the such? Please tell me yes and we can do so because I can quote MANY artists to heart. Jay Z "do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it" You skim sweety. You dont understand.

"I might go crazy on these niggas I dont give a mother#
Run up in a nigga house and shoot his grandmother up what!
What I dont give a mother# get cha baby kidnapped
And ya baby mother#ed
It's tha Carter 3 bitch better put ya supper up
Hollygrove I throw it up like im tryna lose my gut
# is up beat him up like a million uppercuts
Got a million duffeled up for the # of it
# get on my level you cant get on my level
You would need a spaceshuttle or a ladder thats forever
However im better if now than never
Dont you ever fix ya lips unless you bout to suck my dick" Lil Wayne

I respect and more so understand the point of view. I know what they are saying and why. Do I want my kids to listen to this crap...NO! And they dont, but their friends do!

I am an embarrassment to who? WOW. I love you hun. You need a hug. I virtually hug you because you have no idea the nature of my heart. I am a loving person and a good person. You are an embarrassment to all that care about our childrens future. You my dear, are acting deaf, dumb, and blind. You can call me names but you cant see me. You will never see me. You cant see me. I am a ATS ghost and your words although hateful, are hidden behind the mask of the internet and being tough over the internet is not a credit to your character. It is a front and I love you for it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The truth is most of these jerks were ugly LOOSERS in the hood and NEVER had nothing and they will say all of this crap in their songs because it is newly acquired. Drop it to the floor, open up your legs, pop a mofo quick...give me that ass...titties everywhere...got that ice..got that bling...roll that whip...BLAH BLAH BLAH. Then parents wonder why their kids grow up with a false sense of reality wanting to be rappers. Then it is wondered why kids are dropping out of school and selling drugs when TV is raising these damn kids. It is DISGUSTING!!!!!

You hit the nail on the head with this statment. But your anger is miplaced. Its not Hip-Hop that is the problem. Its the parents. The problem is parents letting T.V. raise their kids. I am a product of the gangsta rap era. But I have never run with a gang, I have never fired a gun (except in the line of duty, formaer military), Never been arrested, never sold drugs, Never slept around (unless 7 women in 30yrs is sleeping around) I have had 2 long term relationships, I have 1 child and I take care of him. Yet I grew up listening to Snoop, dre, NWA, Pac, Bigge, BTH...etc. The diffrence is I had my grandmother there to ensure that I recieved my education, she instilled vaules. I want to bea rapper when I was a kid, I also wanted to be a a gangter like al capone and tony monatana. Unfortuantly those two figures with Snoop dog were my idols growing up. But because of good parenting I did not follow that path.

Remember they said the same thing about rock and roll. Marilyn Manson was blamed for many things. NIN, Corn (sorry cant name that many) They were all blamed at on point. Take back even farther metallica, KISS, Hendrix. all blamed for the moral decay of our socity. Even Elvis caught flack. They tried to burn ray Charles at the stake for the music he did, And my grandmother told me how her mother hated the music she listened to. Said it would unraval the moral fabric of america. and this was people like fred astair, perry como, and frank sinatra. Put the blame where it belongs squarely on the parents.

Yes, there will be some that debate and call me racist. Whatever. The funny part is how people complain about education and culture but watch hip hop videos popular music.

No I dont think your a racist. And while yes many will complain about education and culture and watch hip-hop just as many will turn on MTV to watch rock, hard rock, or grundge.

Then you hear people complain that they cant get a job because the "man" is holding them back. WTF!!!!! Stop playing play station and turn off BET and read DUMB A$$!!

I already started a thread about this a while ago. But it has nothing to do with the music. It has everything to do with parenting. I would never think of leting my 7yr son watch some of these videos out there. If he hears the music i make sure its the edited version. I also on a daily basis explain to him how I expect him to act. I also set the example of how my son should act.

Now...NO I am not racist. I am half black. But I am rasing young girls and a young man and I cant fathom allowing them to hear that crap without telling them what they are listening to. GARBAGE.

This is true. what you have to realize as a parent is that you can not dictate what your kids listen to. They are going to hear it weather you like or not. The more you push for them not to listen the more they will want to listen. If you do your job as a parent then you children should be just fine. I am not saying that you are a bad parent, I just think your anger is misplaced about the music. If it wasnt music then it would one of the other daily influences on your childs life that would have you upset.

I am open to the ATS hate process and could care less about any discredit attempts. This was my way to vent about the BS I seen today while visiting my daughters school. If you dont like it....Hey...Ill bake you a batch of cookies. Im not here to please you...Im trying to raise productive children...not insecure hoochies and hoes.

Can I have my cookies now?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
isn't heavy metal, goth, emo and other type of rock not making kids behave as badly and ignorant? yes.

dont just point it at one type of music.

the difference here ist hat the OP isn't saying that what you said isn't true.

The OP Is saying that it is true about Hip Hop. So please, for the sake of intelligent conversation - try and realize that.

I hate it when people use these types of "come backs" as a tool to stick up for things like this.

"I am offended that you are picking on hip hop, so i will pick on heavy metal"

Well, congrats, the OP said lots of different music, and for him personally, its hip hop in general because of his relationship to it.

Unbelievable.

And to the OP - i agree. I miss the days of "The Message" from Grandmaster Flash, or some Bone, NWA, or the likes. Back when rap meant something like the blues, or rock n roll.

Modern "hip hop" is a joke because it appeals to the idiot masses and nobody else.

appreciating modern music in general is much like buying a drum set from wal-mart and claiming to be the next Chris Slade or Ringo Starr

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Originally posted by platipus
isn't heavy metal, goth, emo and other type of rock not making kids behave as badly and ignorant? yes.

dont just point it at one type of music.

the difference here ist hat the OP isn't saying that what you said isn't true.

The OP Is saying that it is true about Hip Hop. So please, for the sake of intelligent conversation - try and realize that.

I hate it when people use these types of "come backs" as a tool to stick up for things like this.

"I am offended that you are picking on hip hop, so i will pick on heavy metal"

Well, congrats, the OP said lots of different music, and for him personally, its hip hop in general because of his relationship to it.

Unbelievable.

And to the OP - i agree. I miss the days of "The Message" from Grandmaster Flash, or some Bone, NWA, or the likes. Back when rap meant something like the blues, or rock n roll.

Modern "hip hop" is a joke because it appeals to the idiot masses and nobody else.

appreciating modern music in general is much like buying a drum set from wal-mart and claiming to be the next Chris Slade or Ringo Starr

The problem is that the OP chose to point out a specfic type of music and made it seem pretty clear that the problems are being caused by that type of music. If he said rock or emo then people would have said look at rap and hip-hop. It seems to me and many others that have posted here take it as he is blaming just hip-hop for socities ills.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmotley

It seems to me and many others that have posted here take it as he is blaming just hip-hop for socities ills.

Because Hip Hop is to blame for societies ills. Thats what he is saying. He's not saying its ONLY hip hop. No where does it even remotely suggest such a thing. Thats like saying "i hate vomit flavored ice cream" and then having you come in saying "but coffee icecream sucks too!"

nobody is disputing that. You are preaching to the choir. You are burning bridges for no reason - we agree with you - but it is a centered argument about a topic in general.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think it's funny when I talk to people and listen

Me: "So, what kind of music do you listen to?"
Them: "Oh, a little bit of everything, really."
Me: "Do you listen to any classical folk?"
Them: "No, I meant GOOD music!"

Which makes me think, oh, I see. So classical folk (the entire 'genre') is all of a sudden not good? It's like, if I had the time and willpower, I should teach them that most, if not all modern music derives from some sort of historical music. Rap and rock have been greatly influenced by Blues artists. It's getting less and less common nowadays to see kids listening to classical music. I myself am only 19 years old. When I first bought a violin people, my friends no less - laughed at me called me a 'fag' and just made really pointless statements. Because why? Because I chose to play a violin? Just because I choose a certain instrument I am sensitive? But really, it says nothing of my character whatsoever, no more than someone who plays drums or guitars or bass, clarinet flute trombone whatever... they are not all so easily categorized as one type of person. So I ask myself and I think you ought to ask yourself too - How has music evolved?

There are several interesting books you should read one - "The World in Six Songs" and "This Is Your Brain On Music" both by Daniel Levitin. He explores some of the more neurological basis for modern music and why we are affected by it in such profound ways. I read the topic and have already read several posts regarding "All music is brainwash". It's essentially true. But it's no more brainwash than looking at a beautiful painting, or reading a good book. Technically, your entire lifes experiences are just brainwash (and I don't mean to turn this into a nature vs nurture argument - seems most people here are for the nurture argument, anyway) because you are who your experiences dictate you are (without getting into the more spiritual aspects of this argument).

However, we have control over the way we think, though we may not have control of the art itself. You seem to have a dislike for hip hop. That's alright it's your preference. I don't really like opera music that much - but I haven't given it much of a chance. A lot of people are so willing to disregard new experiences as bad without giving it a shot. Don't knock it till you've tried it right? The message of the music may seem artificial and superficial but the lyrics have an insight - whether intended or not - because all spoken word has a message - it's an intrinsic quality of language. You cannot say anything that doesn't mean anything because then you're communicating without communicating. Even if you type lakjdfoilkadf it still means something (although.. i'm not sure what)... maybe that was a bad example but if you say 'boat if sunrise flower hollow' it still conveys images .. and if you say comprehensible sentences then there must most definitely be a message the artist is trying to get across. Myself, I find it as a good insight to modern materialism - the concept of ownership, political ideas from entirely unpolitical songs... perhaps i don't listen to the music the way the artist intends for me to listen to but that's the beauty of art - beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you choose to look at things in a certain way then you'll be bound by that sort of bias.

As KRS-One said "Educate yourself, make your worldview bigger!"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I'm just going to highlight one thing...

Because Hip Hop is to blame for societies ills. Thats what he is saying. He's not saying its ONLY hip hop. No where does it even remotely suggest such a thing.

Hip hop is responsible for societies ills huh? Riddle me this then chief, inform us of the problems and how hip hop created and is currently maintaining these so called ills.

I look forward to your reply

[edit on 27-11-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm
You hate people who tar all things with the same brush? It is ignorant? What is tar? lol...Im ignorant? So now you are saying you hate me and I am supposed to even consider you a factor in a topic about raising kids.

Er....It's a figure of speech.
Of course i don't hate you, i don't even know you.

Your entire reply to me is now based on the (false) premise/understanding that i hate you.
Why would i be so ignorant.

When i said "I hate people who tar things with the same brush" i would have thought that you'd have the intelligence or understanding to know that i didn't mean i actually hate you?

It's like saying.... "It pisses me off when people...."
"It really annoys me when people"

etc. etc....

I mean seriously??

You think i hate you...?

You can sit and tell me your second hand stories about music and how you disagree..blah blah blah. Kids could care less about the new underground hip hop album being released. They dont LIKE IT!!!! Do you not see who sells records? Our children LIKE THIS CRAP not your demo CD.

Of course i do.. but as i said, it's music and mainstream music in particular, that is the problem.
NOT just mainstream hip-hop.

And i don't have a demo CD... thanks for your concern though.

I get personally bothered with people like you on ATS. Not because you voice your opinion but because you say elementary crap like I hate people because they dont agree with me!

Awesome... but as i pointed out, if you could read without taking everything literally then perhaps you would have read my post in the right way.
Not as a hate-filled tirade at you... more a "why do people lump all one genre in together" type of thing.

I don't hate anyone to be honest and i do apologise if you actually thought i was saying that i literally hated you.
Although i don't see how you (or i) could make that assumption as we've never met??

Aaaaaanyway....

Why even post. You hate people? I am ignorant? Sweety, you have NO idea who I am or what I know about music. Chat with me and ask me my connection to the industry then try and school me.

No and no.
I don't hate you (as I've pointed out several times) and i don't know whether you're ignorant because i don't know you?

See if you would have just responded to my post instead of deciding that i was saying that i hated you... perhaps we could have had a decent conversation.

Remind me not to say the following in future.

"I'm dying to see *insert movie here* soon.

"I'm starving...i need to go eat"

I wouldn't want you calling an ambulance you know?

I love you even if you hate me. I hope that you learn to understand the power of influence as well as the power of negativity.

I don't hate you.... jesus.
You based your entire post on a misunderstanding.

I love you too

[edit on 27/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Hip hop is responsible for societies ills huh? Riddle me this then chief, inform us of the problems and how hip hop created and is currently maintaining these so called ills.

The answers you seek are but a keystroke away

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
is it "hip-hop" raising children to be ignorant and racist?

or is it the majority of people within hip-hop doing it?

Not all hip-hop is ignorant, racist and sexist.

For example~ these lyrics by a hip hop group, called Sweatshop Union~

the song is titled " Ascend"

We are passing into a great change of species
And no matter how loudly the old authorities
may proclaim that this is not so, it is going to happen
Our moment of time, when population reaches it's limit
and the world as we know it ends, is not about death at all
It is about ascending into a new kind of life

They only see to the sky
Our dreams and our lives
Our means to survive
But not between our eyes
We gotta free our minds and re-design them
Seek and find the trees to climb high and
Read the signs between the lines
Defeat the lies discreetly hiding deep inside them
Sheep unite and beat the tyrant
Leave the island but keep smiling (smiling)
'Cause why try to fit in
To this life that has been
Pre-planned to keep man in a cycle of sin
The fight could have been won
But we sit stunned
As we get drunk and forget once we were tricked
And now they can complete their goal
'Cause we're convinced that dung heaps are gold
People sold to keep our souls dug in
Deeper holes than we could know we're stuck in

"Now something is wrong with that... don't you think?"

[Chorus]
Life can be a sequence of precluded opportunities
just like déjà vu that never ends
It seems our position as spirit beings
on this physical journey's to make our moves and then ascend
Life can be a sequence of precluded opportunities
just like déjà vu that never ends
It seems our position as spirit beings
on this physical journey's to make our moves and then ascend

I know sometimes it seems like it's some kind of dream, right?
Some try to scream and reach the sunshining beams
But the path is paved with choices, and the voices tell you lies
But it's your choice, your life, don't wait for hell to rise
It won't be televised in any case
On any stations anyways
Many wait for many saviors
Many say that any day
The penny's they attempt to save will buy them plenty acres
And the petty labor's every day's work's fruit can then be savored
Believe what you choose to but I refuse to surrender
To the people that rule you and their ruthless agendas
Spent a day away with me
Don't slave this week or play the game
End the pain, I'll make you see
The sacred tree and break the chains
Leave your alleys and streets, walk the valleys and peaks with me
This is all ours if you and I can just leave it be
Freedom is as easy as believing that we're one
Breathing it in deeply and the healing has begun

[Chorus]

Until we change our ways
There's no #ing way they'll change their ways
Manipulate our brains with the airwaves
Our kids will face the same # when they're slaves
What gets me is they claim that it's fair play
But label us insane if we dare say
Anything that unlocks the staircase
So they can keep us locked in a scared state

Yeah, but until I change my ways
There's no #ing way you'll change your ways
So we'll keep celebrating Earth Day
Even though it's clear it's merely wordplay
What gets me is I know that they can cure AIDS
'Cause they control the healthcare and the birthrate
Then indoctrinate us 'til we serve hate
And incarcerate us in this birdcage

"And what frightens me is that... people are simply letting it happen"

[Chorus]

Sweatshop

You don't need to believe it
Or even agree with it
But give yourself time to make memories then leave it

you can hear it, here~ www.youtube.com...

There is soo much hip-hop out there that is complete garbage, i agree.

But there are also some very conscious, very awake, very intelligent and great people involved in hip-hop.

Once one is introduced to this world of hip-hop, they usually dont go back to the ignorant, hateful type.

no time, nor room for it.

I hope this was ok for my first post.

Peace n Blessings

Ahmos

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mplsbookworm

- Tell me what you know about being a true artist? Are you an artist or are you a fan? I have no respect for the craft? You can not tell me about hip hop and the stories told. Do you wanna debate lyrics and artists and origins of the such? Please tell me yes and we can do so because I can quote MANY artists to heart. Jay Z "do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it" You skim sweety. You dont understand.

"I might go crazy on these niggas I dont give a mother#
Run up in a nigga house and shoot his grandmother up what!
What I dont give a mother# get cha baby kidnapped
And ya baby mother#ed
It's tha Carter 3 bitch better put ya supper up
Hollygrove I throw it up like im tryna lose my gut
# is up beat him up like a million uppercuts
Got a million duffeled up for the # of it
# get on my level you cant get on my level
You would need a spaceshuttle or a ladder thats forever
However im better if now than never
Dont you ever fix ya lips unless you bout to suck my dick" Lil Wayne

I respect and more so understand the point of view. I know what they are saying and why. Do I want my kids to listen to this crap...NO! And they dont, but their friends do!

I am an embarrassment to who? WOW. I love you hun. You need a hug. I virtually hug you because you have no idea the nature of my heart. I am a loving person and a good person. You are an embarrassment to all that care about our childrens future. You my dear, are acting deaf, dumb, and blind. You can call me names but you cant see me. You will never see me. You cant see me. I am a ATS ghost and your words although hateful, are hidden behind the mask of the internet and being tough over the internet is not a credit to your character. It is a front and I love you for it.

Star and flag for you Brother/Sister,

I feel what your posting. You have wise thoughts and you are trying to do good for you and yours. Blessings to you. I "read" your posts rather than skimmin through them. I was just feeling shi* and had a bad day.

One love

spirit

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to Sadly, HIP HOP continues to be this new type of Culture. Im afraid that like ROME it has been brought down by Greed and Degradation.post by mplsbookworm

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"Hip Hop is raising our children to be ignorant and racist"

That's the whole problem with the post.

Nothing should be raising your children but you. If they are influenced by anything like what music is on the radio, or what is on the television, that's your fault.

I have listened to all types of music, and nothing I have listened to has "made" me behave in any certain way, I behave as I do based on choices I make, which were influenced by parental guidance as I was growing up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join