It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you see if an airplane was completly coated with MIRROR cells ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
bear this in mind:

before each blackbird flight a team was inspecting the aircraft starting 12 hours before the flight was due !!! (i noted this whole process at mildenhall staying foot behind the hangar,sleeping at the same spot in my car,watching the preparations before flight,the KC-135Q tankers departing with a wet start...) they had to check many 1000 points and each of them individual !

remember ?
so my idea about the mirror stealth process equals this service !

to obtain the optimal result everything should be 100% O.K. or no flight at all.

since every facet is placed and merged into the skin of the aircraft there have to be checked a real amount of facets but that does pay for the results in the end.

===========
you did'nt think that the airplane of my idea was kinda "scramble,just step in and off you go type ?

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You're forgetting about what an aircraft needs to fly:

Flaps, ailerons etc.

Narrow angle leading edges for high speed aerodynamics.

Air intakes.

Why do you think the original Have Blue protoype was termed the "hopeless diamond?" Theirs was a far simpler problem.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
???????????

there is a difference between malfunctioning and missing !
also
that 4 star general was killed in the blue project because HE made a mistake piloting the prototype !
the prototype itself did fine and as you can see only slight alterations to the production craft F-117

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
*Groan...*

Have Blue was termed the "hopeless diamond" because it was a nightmare to design. The facets had to correspond with the Maxwell equations on how radar waves propagate, and had to reflect radar AWAY from the aircraft as well as allowing the aircraft to fly.

The Have Blue prototype only suffered a vibration in its tail assmebly, there were no real problems once its design had been completed.

Anyway, what size mirror cells are you proposing and of what material?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
the V tail,bonanza type is on the F-117 yes !

have blue tail was opposite placed and caused a small problem.
TACIT BLUE prototype on the other end...
looked like a sci-fi schoolbus with a strange angle of attack

the mirrorcoating would be on flexible materials...
>>i only use this to comparre

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i changed my answer it would be cool!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think we're all missing the most important thing here, which is, "What would happen if you coated a whole plane with tiny, circular mirrors?"

The answer, of course, is DISCO PLANE!!!

Yeah! Play that funky music, flyboy!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
hahahaha

the "deejay" would for sure get ya some hot J-dam's as a free trow in on ya party,dude !!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
this is a non-issue.

I like it !

Thank you photoshop !

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

One more time, an ATS old timer will have to show you the truth...

MiG-56 "Nevidimij" [invisible]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, this page is in russian (it's a russian plane after all...:@@
:

www.military.cz...

And also :

www.rense.com...

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
well, from a terrorist stand point when they raised their guns to shoot they would think someone is shooting back at them, so they'd run

Seriously though, like everyone else said it show a fractured image of the ground or the sky depending on the angle. Or the sun would reflect off of it creating one big moving light in the sky if looked at from a distance.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
interesting......... but this tech has already been developed.

R+D is already in action.... it is past the blue print stage.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
the skinplates of the airplane could exist also of "materials with a memory" !

i do remember something about a metal that no matter how you deform it will allways retun back to his original state !

if using new technologies...the ideal way is to combine different of them
in one project.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This has been covered over and over again, please go and find the threads instead of make a new thread.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
not at all !
unwise to pretend to claim something too

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
not at all !
unwise to pretend to claim something too

yes it has postwhore...!

How long have you been locked away NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE, I mean you must of been out-of-pocket for the intermission. Most of the technology and applications you acknowledge has been utilized.

Q

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Mirrors on the bottom of a plane would show a reflection of the ground...thereby making the plane show up more so than it normally would. Same as from above--topside would reflect the sky, so you'd see an airplane-shaped patch of sky below you.

The trick is the adaptive optic camo intelgurl referred to. Space optical sensors and adjustable light emitters (the new thin-film LCD's, or OLED sheets come to mind as possible sources) evenly over the surfaces of the craft. Pipe the incoming visual signals from one side of the craft to the emitters on the other side, therefore achieving an optical camo effect. From above, you'd see a distorted ground-colored airplane shape. Not terribly effective, granted, but the real beauty comes when viewing from below. From the ground, it can be hard to pinpoint a plane in the best of conditions. Now imagine the bottom of this plane is the exact same hue and shade of the sky above and all around it, no matter what the weather!
In absence of contrails, you're talking about virtual invisibility insofar as visual contact from the ground is concerned. Especially at night...(yeah, I know, just paint it black!)...you could match the exact shade of starlight, moonlight, whatever night sky and you'd not even be detectable by your shadow. Only way this would be possible would be for someone to detect stars being obscured, or otherwise distorted by the reproduction (star movement could be replicated, but wouldn't look right from all angles).

And, incidentally, not all choppers are that noisy. I could see this tech working quite nicely on a high-flying, supressed helo.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Q that is what i had in mind for the project !
maybe the use of the word mirror cells is confusing some people ?
reflector cells ? is that a better word to use ?
reflect one side to the other side so the object is completly looking like
360� reversed input of view ?

input clouds above is transmitted to underside
input land beneath is transmitted to topside
and so on

yes ?

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join