It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life from mars found on earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Did a search and couldnt find this news

MARTIAN bugs arrived on Earth 13,000 years ago, scientists have discovered.

Their fossilised remains have been found in the rock, which was blasted out of Mars 16 million years ago - possibly by an asteroid - as the solar system was forming.

Seems all this disclosure talk has got the ball rolling. What will be next do you think?

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The SUN is a tabloid. Kinda like The Weekly World news with its Bat Boy.
Sorry...

That's probably why you couldn't find it anywhere else.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by impaired]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The information in the Sun is wrong, it says:

The meteorite - called Allen Hills 84001 - made headlines in 1996 after fossils were found in it. Most space boffins reckoned they were bacteria from Earth that contaminated the rock while it lay in the frozen wastes. But a leaked Nasa report now says there is powerful evidence they originated on Mars.

The headlines in 1996 is true but it's total malarky that it was believed to be Earth bacteria.

Here's a better source:

astronomyonline.org...

The rock is called ALH 84001 and on August 7, 1996 an announcement was made that indicates ancient, microscopic life existed on Mars.

So it was thought to be possible Martian life then. The Sun saying otherwise is misinformation.

Which makes this news announced August 7, 1996 rather stale. I think you should avoid the Sun as a source of information, people that refer to it risk looking foolish.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Why are you attacking the SUN? I think the OP has a good topic here. Did you see the wicked looking dunes in the article?
Anyway, I am sure life at the most basic level exists everywhere in the Universe that is hospitable to it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Why are you attacking the SUN?

Because there's a REAL story and a REAL history about ALH84001, and it's not the one the Sun is reporting.

If people want to read about ALH84001 I encourage them to do so, as it's a fascinating story about possible Martian life. But don't use the Sun as your source if you want the truth.

If the Sun is reporting incorrect information I think it SHOULD be attacked for that, don't you?

Find a better source, heck I even provided one, but there are many more better sources on this topic you'll find in a search engine.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

You are just attacking the Sun for the hell of it. The story is valid as far as I can see. It is a recent story where your links are old.
Did you even read it?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear that the Sun has always been big on printing headlines and not so big on making sure the real story is mentioned.

The fact that what they printed is little to do with the real story should have been an eye opener in the first place.

Do I read the Sun, er no, I have done at times but I tend to like my media to have more than just tongue in cheek boys humour and sensationalistic blathering's..

Quite why you defend them is a bit odd, have you seen past the third page?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you want to see it, just go to Downing Street in London and ask for "Gordon Brown". ''

I know this, because it is obvious - whoever is running the country is clearly on another planet.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here's a better link to the real story than the Sun link:

spaceflightnow.com...

And a link to another thread on ATS with more information:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The story in a nutshell is in 1996 they announced the rock contains possible evidence of life on Mars. Now they leaked out a new story the rock contains possible evidence of life on Mars but the possibility is now greater since they've done more testing. But it's far less sensational than the OP title would suggest, though I still find it interesting.

top topics

join