It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was looking through my digital album and..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So I was looking through my digital photos the other day and I found this. I took a series of photos a while back of a sunset and this is one of them. There's a round object in the sky. Make of it what you will. I do know that it wasn't dust on the lens because it's not present in any of the other pictures, all taken within 2-3 minutes of each other. Bug though? who knows..
Photo

Zoom:

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Anjaba]
Had some trouble with the photo being huge, put a link instead.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anjaba
There's a round object in the sky.

Where?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I replaced it with a link, should be a lot better for viewing.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I suspect you are living in a fabricated world, like in "The Truman Show". Clearly a bird or butterfly is flying adjacent to the inner surface of the skydome in which you are imprisoned, casting a shadow against the wall.

Do not alter your behavior in any way, as the people controlling your world will take drastic measures to ensure you do not escape (even trying to drown you)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I actually just watched The Truman Show the other day, lol. But yea, I'm a military brat, all over the country I have been, not buying it..

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Looks like a flying HorseShoe Crab.

It really does! I'm not making fun of you one bit, OP. But it could very well be something for all we know.

Any more pics, or was that it?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I have other pictures from the same time and place, same subject, the sunset, but they don't have the unidentified "object" in question.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
dangit...

photobucket is blocked here at work...

can sum1 post or host the pics in a different way? as in non youtube and non photobucket?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjaba

The object may or may not exist in space. But it does resemble the "orb" seen in a NASA video where the "orb" curbs in towards the shuttle's window. Of course, it couldn't be a drop of water 'cause it would have frozen immediately. And if it was a frozen water droplet it wouldn't look as large as it does. What troubles me about your object is the lighting. Even though it seems to be high in space (I don't mean outer space), it seems to be lit by a light source to the right but the foliage below is in 100% darkness when some of the same light should illuminate the trees.

You're seeking information/answer and it's too bad that you have to deal with ridiculous responses as the one from ChristinaA.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It looks to me like a small out of focus object (bug). Being close to the camera, it is brightly illuminated by the flash.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As pointed out, it does look like something close to the lens and out of focus.
A piece of dust or bug, perhaps some moisture reflecting the surrounding light.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nonsense! How could a flash illuminate from the side? If it was close to the lens it would be unbelievably out of focus. Instead, it shows a sharp edge. It looks like it is distant. But that doesn't mean that I think it's a UFO. Right now no one knows what it is. It's a curiosity and possibly a photographic artifact. But it doesn't look like a photo artifact. Perhaps if it was embossed we could see additional detail. I don't have the software to do it. Perhaps you do.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by The Shrike]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

If there was a window or something reflective (perhaps a car windshield, or house window) out of view of the picture, and flash used, it is very possible for a bug, dust, or what have you, to reflect from the side.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It could be a moth caught in the flash.
The bush at the bottom which is lit by the flash is close and not that much out of focus, so the "moth" could be closer than you think.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It is not illuminated from the side. The duration of a typical flash is on the order of 1/1000th of a second. The shutter speed of the camera was 1/109th of a second in this image. The shutter opened at the same time the flash fired but remained opened after the flash had fired. The bug was moving left to right across the frame. At the beginning of the exposure it was fully illuminated. For the remaining 1/125th of a second that the shutter was open it was not, so it appears darker. It is a common effect.

Why would it have to be "unbelievably" out of focus? We don't really know how far away it is from the camera. It could be 3 feet, or 5 feet.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjaba

Hey there,

It could be a moth (if it's close to the lens) ... but I'm thinking bird ... more specifically a goose or swan flying left to right.

Woody

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That's a really cool picture no matter what it is. You should have it blown up or something. The sky looks amazing. You should have it made into a postcard or a poster, or hang it on a wall.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjaba

I can't believe the silly replies this photo has received. A bug here, a moth there, side illuminating flash, ad nauseum.

The OP did not supply sufficient info about the photo as to location. It could have been taken from a porch; it could have been taken from a roadside location, until the OP tells us we can only guess. The OP did say that this is the only frame that the object appears in so dust on the lens can be ruled out. If it had been dust and a flash had been used, he might have gotten something like this, popularly called a "ghost orb" but which is only the flash reflecting off dust or a reflective surface:

I do not see signs of a flash, although I could definitely be wrong and only the OP can clear this up, and the illuminated foliage on the left looks like it's being illuminated by a soft light source if the OP was standing on a porch with lights on the inside. If a flash had been used, unnecessarily! it might have illuminated, up to a point, the trees in front but they're dark.

This can't be an object up close such as a bug or any other flying insect because there just aren't any signs of wings, etc. That's a silly explanation. I don't care what anyone says, a flash is not going to specifically illuminate from the side. It's front on or not at all. And, again, there is no evidence of a flash.

This photo should be processed by an expert who can give the foreground, middle ground, and background various levels to find out if the object is near or far. That's the only way to settle this.

This can go around and around but the photography glitches, bugs, dust, etc., just don't cut it. I'll go on a limb and just say that it's a UO, an Unidentified Object.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by The Shrike]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I don't care what anyone says,

This type of attitude always helps when determining the origins of unidentified objects.

I'd agree that it warrants more examination, but the likelihood that it's a bug is miles ahead of the likelihood that it's anything abnormal. Always best to start with the simplest explanations.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Hey I wasn't being ridiculous. I honestly thought it looked like there was a shadow on the "sky", at least it appeared to be, to my untrained eyes. Now I've read other people's replies I understand the "shadow" appearance is an artifact due to the motion of the object during the time the camera's shutter was open.

<<   2 >>

join