It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Evolved From the Monkey, huh?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ok, I have my mind made up and I carry a strong conviction of how we got here. I may or may not get into it that so much. Why? Because people have their own beliefs and nothing can change it or open people's eyes. And who's to say *I'M* right?

But seriously, if we came from the apes and the monkeys, then how come the apes and the monkeys are still here in their present form and how come THEY haven't evolved?

The missing link? Fine, I'll share my beliefs. Buckle your seatbelts.

But first, I would like to say that I am an Agnostic. I believe SOMETHING created the universe. And yeah, I believe Jehova and his gang created us humans. But He is/was not the creator of everything. He didn't create the universe. Jehova and his gang were ET.

ET comes down, tinkers with apes and monkeys. Prototypes emerge (no particular order): Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, Floresiensis, Habilis, rhodesiensis, and many more...

If I am not mistaken, there are missing links in-between THEM as well.

After ET splices us, they keep us around for worship (or whatever other reasons). Either we or they have us look at them as Gods. And notice how Jehova isn't the only God! There are a multitude of other gods!

I know the truth hurts and can be disturbing, but damn it - people can believe the bible and take it literally, but a theory like this is crazy??? Give me a BREAK!

And I am not PURPOSELY singling out the Christians. I honestly think ALL religions are evil. Yeah, they keep the people in line by threatening them with Hell and the promise of Heaven, but in the end, it keeps people more ignorant. And don't say it doesn't! Religions have you follow their code and to NOT ask questions. Everything is a God's will - good things that happen OR bad. Anything that doesn't jive with the bible is "Evil"...

Yes, this is Annunaki-ish - I admit it. Whether it was "The Annunaki", or just some generic ET's that came down here, our origins are DEFINITELY suspect...

It appears to ME that both science and religion are off a bit, but correct as well! What a mind-trip!

I'm not coming here saying I'm right or that I know what's going on for a fact. But this theory makes A LOT of sense, and it can for others too if they just open their minds a bit and put religious and egotistical elements aside! Just for once!

In this thread, I will NOT be dealing with bible quotes or the typical bible spheil. Call me a jerk - I don't care! I am here for the pursuit of truth, and that's that. I will not be circumvented.

If this possibility is offensive, then I'm sorry. If we want to get to the bottom of things, then discuss in an intelligent way. No circular logic!

And as far as scientists not coming up with this first, consider this:

ET's haven't been officially discovered (yet). That rules out the theory immediately on a mainstream level. Plus, what about religious implications in the first place? Religion is EVERYWHERE on this planet - in one form or another. You take that down, then there will be a lot of unhappy people and crushed pride. Humans don't like to be wrong (a majority of us, anyway - especially in front of others, let alone the whole world in this case).

And 3: Science isn't even all that advanced yet. We are still finding stuff BY THE DAY. We just discovered that 200-Million year old Hominid a few months ago. We don't know as much as we think we do. We still have a million miles to go.

I just don't understand how some can not see the answers that are right out in the open. Ancient Astronauts (images scratched onto prehistoric rocks), The "Magic" (technology) in the bible, the MANY gods - and how they all want worship for their own. The many religions, the many planets out there.

And why does each religion proclaim theirs to be the right one? Most of the major ones (if not all) say that if you don't believe in their God and follow the rules to the tee, you burn in hell. So I guess EVERYONE is going to hell, right? That's how it sure seems...

I really believe that this theory is close to the truth. Too bad it's kind of disturbing.

I apologize for the rant, here, but this has been bottled up in me and I needed to let it out.

So, apparently the mainstream rejects this - most possibly due to the reasons I mentioned before.

And so, what if this IS close to the truth? Then what?

Or I could just be a raving lunatic in this case, but I kinda doubt it. Like I said before, it's fine and acceptable to believe a book that speaks of an egotistical "God" that created us out of the dust in the ground, KNEW the future, still went on with it, let an adversary mess with us (a "Crafty" adversary at that), and then punish us with eternal hell if we mess up, but to think that Jehova and all of the gods were ET's is out of the question. I seriously just don't get it.

Please, beam me up and take me OFF this planet, because I sure as hell don't belong here.

/rant

Edit to add: I do apologize for coming off harsh here and thinking that I know about the evolution from monkeys and apes. But the bottom line remains: Seems like something has given us a jump. When you look at the sheer size of the Universe, it's hard to believe that we are the only planet with life. With that in mind, how is it not possible that there was some kind of ET intervention? The bible itself says we were created by "divine beings". "The Heavens" translates to "The Sky", and where did the gods reside and/or come from? The sky? What IS divinity?? Tell me I'm wrong on that one.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by impaired]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So to append to the OP, I don't believe we EVOLVED from the ape or the monkey. I think the monkey was the base genetics, and they (ET's) may have used some of their own DNA. We were made in Jehova's image, right?

Like I said, very Annunaki-ish. I just don't believe the gold-deal - how we were created to mine gold. I don't think we were created for benevolent reasons, however. Perhaps for worship (these gods love their worship - that is a FACT - look it up in the bible and in other mythological documents. They go crazy for that stuff!). Or perhaps we just really didn't come out like Jehova wanted us to. Perhaps the bible is correct in that respect.

OR, now that I think of it, damn... Once Satan came into the picture and showed us the tree of life (knowledge), Jehova got pissed and didn't want as much to do with us. Once we gained that extra bit of knowledge, were we more useless and expendable? He does waste humans by the millions back then!

And getting back to worship. The way to worship a god is through prayer, right? Every story I have ever read about close encounters with ET mentions that the main form of communication is through telepathy. The transference of some kind of mental energy.

My extrapolation of that is when you pray and worship (prayer is one thing, but both combined...), you are giving this energy to the entity. I can't do that to a shady entity. Or to one that doesn't directly communicate back. The "God works in mysterious ways" is a cop-out, and it's circular logic.

Think for yourselves. Don't let a book do the thinking for you. And like I said, call me a meanie for saying these things. If the shoe doesn't fit, then don't wear it. If it really offends, then I must be making an interesting point, no?

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

But seriously, if we came from the apes and the monkeys, then how come the apes and the monkeys are still here in their present form and how come THEY haven't evolved?

Seriously before you make thread like these inform yourself, then you wouldn't look so silly

We didn't evolve from monkeys, we had a common ancestor, that's something totaly different !

here read this and inform yourself !

Species close to the last common ancestor of gorillas, chimpanzees and humans may be represented by Nakalipithecus fossils found in Kenya and Ouranopithecus found in Greece. Molecular evidence suggests that between 8 and 4 million years ago, first the gorillas, and then the chimpanzees (genus Pan) split off from the line leading to the humans; human DNA is approximately 98.4% identical to that of chimpanzees when comparing single nucleotide polymorphisms

Or I could just be a raving lunatic in this case

...no comment

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Ummm. I implied in the entire thread that we didn't come from monkeys. At least not through evolution.

Are you kidding me? And you're telling me that *I* made myself look silly?

"human DNA is approximately 98.4% identical to that of chimpanzees"
^^^And what do we have here???

Let me guess. The way I came off in the thread is creating a knee-jerk bias, huh?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Common ancestors.

But as you stated, noone will ever change your mind, because ET and all the other paranormal stuff is stuck in there in your mind, is there to stay, and cannot be changed.

There is no missing link, and even as Dawkins states unneedingly we don't even need them, because we know other things, we don't need a missing link, but we have the 'found' link, there is no missing link!

Just missing 'search engines' it's there just look at it.

I feel like dawkins talking to wendy wright!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

If I'm wrong about the whole monkeys still being the same and not evolving, that still doesn't explain our origins. Not satisfactorly.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

So to append to the OP, I don't believe we EVOLVED from the ape or the monkey. I think the monkey was the base genetics, and they (ET's) may have used some of their own DNA. We were made in Jehova's image, right?

To get to the point.

Occams Razor here. it is SO HARD TO BELIEVE that a common ancestor between us and the chimpanzee developed both of us, which one was obviously better, and thusly more intelligent, that the 'better' answer is that a mysterious being (eh maybe a god) came and made us about, and genetically interfered.

Maybe just maybe, things do change after millions of years, I could be wrong, and wouldn't be surprised, but it does pose much better then aliens coming, tweaking then leaving, (or staying hidden, either way invisible) and then having us there.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ok I like to keep an open mind about these things, but you claim your theory makes sense. Please explain.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Ok, good point. But then why are humans literally light years more intelligent than Monkeys and Apes? The gap in knowledge between us and any other creature on this planet is enormous, to say that least.

Also, what about the technology jumps we have had? Right around biblical times (Sumeria to be exact) we learn agriculture and learn to be more civil (for the most part).

Then come the 1700's and bam!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

If I'm wrong about the whole monkeys still being the same and not evolving, that still doesn't explain our origins. Not satisfactorly.

What are you curious about though, its late and don't have much, 'awake' time lol.

Thanksgiving, wasted, you know, and just checking in on ATS

Okay, we didn't come from Chimps, we came from a common ancestor of the chimps, we shared a ancestory with the chimps, we are at best cousins, just as pye dog into the great dane, (maybe wrong
).

Well I may be blubbering about of course lol.

Let dawkins explain it better.

VIA intermediates.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

But first, I would like to say that I am an Agnostic. I believe SOMETHING created the universe. And yeah, I believe Jehova and his gang created us humans. But He is/was not the creator of everything. He didn't create the universe. Jehova and his gang were ET.

ET comes down, tinkers with apes and monkeys. Prototypes emerge (no particular order): Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, Floresiensis, Habilis, rhodesiensis, and many more...

def: Agnostic n. [from the Greek a (not) gnostic (knowing)]
a person who believes that the human mind cannot know whether there is a God or an ultimate cause, or anything beyond material phenomena

Dude you are so NOT an agnostic.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Ok, good point. But then why are humans literally light years more intelligent than Monkeys and Apes? The gap in knowledge between us and any other creature on this planet is enormous, to say that least.

Dude so why are monkeys light years ahead in the whole swinging thru trees thing? They evolved one way and we evolved another. Brains vs. Speed vs. Strength nature always hedges her bets.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristinaA

Well, I believe I covered it in the OP. I don't know what else to say...
Ok. Each star is a "Sun" - capable of hosting planets. At least the Type-G stars are more probable to have planetary systems.

According to science, the Universe is 14 billion years old, but could be much older for all we know.

Earth is 4.5 Billion years old.

That leaves a window of about 9.5 Billion years for other planets to evolve life on their own time.

Who's to say that other beings didn't evolve ON THEIR OWN TIME, and work their way up the evolutionary ladder, develop interstellar travel, and move around?

Now, I believe that humans or something similar could have evolved on it's own here on Earth, but it would have taken longer.

That goes back to what I said about us being so much smarter than other creatures (even monkeys and apes) on this planet. It looks like we were given a jump. No other creatures have even caught up to us. The gap is too great.

Yeah, monkeys can be smart, but they can't touch the things we are capable of.

If there were other creatures that were even 7/8's as smart as us, then I wouldn't be making this thread. But there is something definitely strange about our origins.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by urwatu8

I'm not an Atheist.

I thought Atheist's don't believe in ANY kind of creator, and Agnostics believe in SOMETHING, they just don't know what...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Also, what about the technology jumps we have had? Right around biblical times (Sumeria to be exact) we learn agriculture and learn to be more civil (for the most part).

Then come the 1700's and bam!

To be modest, I'm probably not the best guy to ask

We're not even close to light years away from our predecessors!

We do 'focus' on a few more things than our predecessors.

Our future, tools, and health (basically).

Tools which help us survive, medical science, inhabiting other planets.

Allowing a future for our offspring, practically the above.

Health practically the first.

Future is what we focus on the most.

We somehow became able to think about 'thinking'.

Which was good enough to allow us to live.

We could metaphorically 'RUN FASTER'.

We could out think others.

We could conjure up a box on a string, and out think the rabbit!

Which allowed us to survive, but there is more to it than that, just check out my recent threads, even the one about the australopithecus.

Sapiens are a great species, and it's time to stop praying to Golden Calves and start finding a way to move out of our moms basement and get our own house.

Because well, in this economy, eventually that basement will go!

The sun will explode, and who knows, we may be the first civilization in the universe! Why screw it up so soon? Wasting it on falsifiable 'truths'.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You know what, I'm wasted.

I'm holding this spot till the morning

Sorry for the unsatisfying posts, and ADD like posts that they are.

I'll hold this spot, If I don't get to it soon enough, mods help a brother out!

Thanks for you're thread, thought provoking, is never a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
No credible person in the history of science has every said we have evolved directly from monkeys. We both are species generated from one common ancestor, millions and millions of years ago. Where is the missing link? Well the "missing link," or intermediate species, would have obviousy become extinct because natural selection puts it at a systematic disadvantage, so why is a missing link relevant.

So what if our DNA is 98.4% similar to a chimpanzee, the difference between a human and a frog is 3% genetic material, and to a worm is 5%. Almost proof that the original foundation of all life can be traced back to one single organism, sort of like the convergence of branches back to a single route.

Apes/Chimpanzees have evolved, just like humans have evolved. Over the last few thousand year we obviously haven't formed a new species. But in the grand scope of geological time, we are but enfants in a selective lifespan.

People underestimate the immensity of time.

OP before you post, please at least use wikipedia lol.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by uva3021]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Crap, it IS Thanksgiving. What the hell am I doing here talking about this for?

But seriously, like I said. I'm wrong about the monkeys evolving. Touche. That's fine. But the meat and potatoes of the OP still remain. Our origins here are sketchy. Religion fails to explain it in it's ways, and so does science (they are only theories if I am correct about THAT one
), but they both seem (to me at least) to make more sense once you throw ET into the mix!

Seems to me that ET may be the missing link to it all. But that sounds crazy, probably, right?

Why did I make this thread on Thanksgiving????

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I think the main reason we have become the dominant species is our superior capacity for warfare. Sure, some chimps/monkeys wipe out opposing tribes (even cannibalizing the babies of the opposition) but humans are capable of devastation on a grand scale. We rule the earth because no other species is capable of out-killing us. No other species will be given the opportunity to evolve intelligence like ours (itself a very recent development on an evolutionary timescale). There is a theory that Neanderthals went extinct because we killed them all.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021
No credible person in the history of science has every said we have evolved directly from monkeys. We both are species generated from one common ancestor, millions and millions of years ago. Where is the missing link? Well the "missing link," or intermediate species, would have obviousy become extinct because natural selection puts it at a systematic disadvantage, so why is a missing link relevant.

And that's why I am here. To learn.

So what if our DNA is 98.4% similar to a chimpanzee, the difference between a human and a frog is 3% genetic material, and to a worm is 5%. Almost proof that the original foundation of all life can be traced back to one single organism, sort of like the convergence of branches back to a single route.

Apes/Chimpanzees have evolved, just like humans have evolved. Over the last few thousand year we obviously haven't formed a new species. But in the grand scope of geological time, we are but enfants in a selective lifespan.

People underestimate the immensity of time.

But I still wonder about the knowledge gap - in that short of time...

OP before you post, please at least use wikipedia lol.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by uva3021]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join