It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball Tapping... Wait, WHAT?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Statewide survey shows "ball tapping" problem widespread

It's a disturbing game with devastating consequences, and a new WTHR survey suggests it is rampant in Indiana schools.

"Ball tapping" is the act of intentionally hitting or kicking a male in the genitals. Earlier this month, an Eyewitness News investigation showed the game has become commonplace in some area schools, resulting in serious injuries for students.

As part of the investigation, WTHR also conducted a statewide survey of school nurses. The results are in, and they show the problem of ball tapping is more common and widespread than many school officials had realized.

The article continues:

School nurses from 163 Indiana schools participated in the anonymous survey, and 33% of those nurses said they're aware of ball tapping happening at their school within the past twelve months.

But a closer look at the statistics shows the problem is much more serious in some schools than in others.

23% of school nurses who work at the elementary level say they've seen or heard of ball tapping at their school. That number nearly doubles in high schools, where 43% of school nurses say they've seen it.

And in middle schools, 62% of school nurses said they're aware of students engaged in ball tapping.

Among the 72 middle school and high school nurses who participated in WTHR's survey, 50% said they had seen students who came to the school clinic seeking assistance related to an incident of ball tapping. Half of those nurses also reported they had observed the problem several (more than two) times each school year, and about 10% said it happens at their school on a daily or weekly basis.

Is this for real?????

See also: Disturbing Game. Painful Lesson.

Amazing.

This is very similar to this thread:

More youngsters believed targeted in assaults on redheads

Something is very wrong....

If you can stomach it, here are some videos of the practice:

Was that a teacher??????

Sick, huh?

Makes me wonder if these threads are related:

Harmless Entertainment?

A Conspiracy Against Children: Exactly who is out of control?

[edit on 26-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Militant feminists are behind this latest craze. Clearly they have infiltrated youth culture, influencing boys to believe they enjoy tests of testicular fortitude, when in fact such behaviors may cripple sperm counts and reduce testosterone production.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by ChristinaA]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This poor guy's story is unbelievable:

Jake Arend doesn't need survey results to convince him ball tapping is a serious problem.

Classmates began hitting him in the groin when he was in sixth grade and it continued for years.

"I was just the scrawny kid everybody picked on to make themselves look better," Arend said. "If you get hit in that area, you just want to fall and cry, but I tried not to."

By the time Jake got to Danville High School, he says he was being ball tapped every week – sometimes even three or four times a day.

"Sometimes it would be just the flick of a wrist, and there was one time I actually got hit in the area with a socket wrench," he recalled. "When I got hit with that, I actually just hit the ground and just laid there in the fetal position for five to ten minutes for the pain to go away, then I got up and went to class."

Jake never told his parents and he never told his teachers, fearing the bullies at school would hit him ever harder if they got in trouble.

"I just thought 'It's pain. I'll deal with it,'" said Arend.

When Jake graduated in May 2009, he thought all that pain would be a thing of the past. It was just getting started.

Emergency surgery

In late October, Jake was rushed to Hendricks Regional Hospital in Danville where doctors performed an emergency operation. Years of enduring ball tapping had finally taken its toll. Undetected scar tissue had completely sealed off Jake's urinary tract, resulting in horrifying pain.

"It was a pain like I've never felt before. It was like taking a knife and just jamming it down in your stomach and dragging it all the way down through your genital area," he said. "The urologist said the signs can go undetected for years until it hits you like it hit me."

Doctors placed a catheter in Jake's urethra and told him he will need another operation to fix all the damage caused by repeated blows to the groin.

For Jake's father, that recent trip to the emergency room was the first time he had ever heard of ball tapping. "I never in a million years would have thought this was happening to him," said Eddie Arend. "Evidently it's happening at a lot of schools. It's not just his school."

School nurses confirm that's true.

WTF?????

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Whoa this brings back horrific memories from high school not too long ago. I was absolutely PARANOID to unblock myself! We would be at basketball practice and someone would hit you in the nuts, I'd be at football practice and someone would hit you in the nuts, I would be in class and some one some way some how hit me in the nuts.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Really????

Before now, I had never heard of this practice.

How long has this been going on????

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well, I grad from High School two years ago, and it had been going on ever since I started high school. It was being done a lot more in my freshman/Soph years, and started to phase out in my senior years. It was quite a spectacle.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
not really relevant but does contribute to understanding what can happen: a friend of mine here is a world class mountain biker. he did a huge drop and landed without his feet on peddles, one of his balls popped exploded and is now gone.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
thats possibly the most insane craze ever - the guy in the first video had a really creepy gleeful look on his face too, weird.

maybe this is a cunning depopulation plan from some eugenics group - anyone stupid enough to play or week enough to keep getting got doesn't have children....

more likely just stupid kids being stupid, man what is wrong with people?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If you haven't seen this it will brighten your day:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Any male who engages in such a game doesn't deserve testicles, period.

If someone asked me to "play" this with them, first I'd punch them in the balls, and then I'd punch them in the face for disrespecting their balls like that.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This is beyond stupid..

One step closer to the movie Idiocracy.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Lets discuss this, instead of posting endless videos?

Its a stupid craze, and a stupid thing to do.

This kind of thing can have far reaching medical consequences that go beyond a simple prank, in both terms of trauma leading to testicular cancer, reproductive issues etc.

Its assault. Plain and simple. It should be treated as such IMHO.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This must be part of the Government's new sterilization campaign.

Yellow # 5 and wireless x-box controllers werent woking fast enough I guess the only out was ......sack tap.

ouch.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
LOLZ

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't have balls. But if I did, the person who attacked my balls would be in big trouble.

That is about the most stupid game I've ever heard of.

There must be some psychological reason these boys are allowing their balls to be hit.

Although disgusting it is very interesting.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

There is actually a show for this?!! Our society is getting more 'dumbed-down' everyday. As stated above it is pure and simple ASSAULT!

I know one thing, if that clown ever came up to me and kicked my in the nut sack, he would definitely think twice about doing another clip on it.

I'm just in awe that once they are told that they're on T.V. it's ok and even funny. IDIOTS!!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

I feel bad for you. That must have been horrible!

I just still don't understand this behavior.

Some of these kids are even willingly subjecting themselves to this behavior.

Oddly enough, without looking for anything specific, this article appeared in todays news:

10 North Naples Middle students suspended for taking part in “kick a Jew day”

What is going on in our schools???

reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

I just don't understand why anyone thinks that is funny.

And even these ADULT victims, laugh and think its ok once the realize it's on video tape?????

And he did that to CHILDREN????

No wonder this planet is sooooo screwed.

I'd kill him if he did that to my child.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Good god, this isn't going to be another happy slap phase that will sweep the world. I hadn't heard about this ball tapping but it sounds pretty damn disgusting. More surprising is the fact that its other guys doing it. Guys who (should) know well it is ~$*%ing sore as hell, and it is a little known fact that a hard enough hit to the balls can kill a man.

The only time I would ever condone a this type of thing was in a no win situation where if you didn't resort to a shot below the belt it could mean a serious injury to yourself or others and you had no other way of getting out of the situation.

You've got to question the psychology behind a guy who goes around hitting other people in the balls. If someone came up to me braging that he just tapped someones balls, had fun doing it and was planning to do it again... well I wouldnt be looking at them the same way anyway again.

Also to dizziedame, if you could ever experience a hit in the balls you would know that for about 5 mins afterwards there is not much you can do besides try to hold yourself up, so you wouldn't be causing much trouble for the person who had hit you before they had a good chance to get away.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I remember in grade school it was considered funny to occasionally give another guy a light tap, but was never asked for or participated in willingly by the guy receiving. Of course that was kids acting stupidly and juvenile. Also we were not doing it really hard either nor did any one willingly let it happen to them.

These people are outright crazy for participating in it willingly. Some are not willing participants but those dishing it out seem to be doing it in a far more aggressive manner than I recall too.

The whole thing has been around just not in these staged for a very long time. It used to be a passing joke rarely done. This looks like an everyday occurrence. It is really sickening and I can rarely watch it without thinking of the pain.

I also think to a degree we can blame the home video shows that stated in the 80’s for making it something more popular to make fun of than it once was. Also you have nut jobs in shows like Jackass doing ignorant sicken humor (if you can call it that) no different than what you see here. I recall someone showing me a clip that showed one of those morons putting a baby alligator on his junk. He actually had the thing bite him there and let it hang. Not to mention the other clip of them rolling bowling balls into their stuff as well. These idiots are doing it on TV and are “heroes” for some odd reason to many children. Of course their parents are too busy doing their thing so they do not encourage their kids to not do stupid crap like this.

Raist

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ball tapping eh???????

Not something I have come across before as a trend, so to speak. Is the practise a US related one or does it happen in the UK and other countries?

My advice to folk who are the victims of ball tapping - Wait until the pain subsides, identify your attacker, then at a later date hit him across the bridge of his nose with the bottom half of a pool cue whilst shouting "How you like dem apples?"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join