It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Being warned through V and all these other Alien Movies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have seen more and more of these "are we be warned through _______" and what could be summed up as V= Disclosure now threads for a while now, and none have been interesting or thoughtful. So lets see if we could look into the past 100+ years of warnings.
1902- Le Voyage dans la Lune ( a trip to the moon)

A group of astronomers go to the moon and pick a fight with a bunch of insect like aliens living on the moon only to find out that the aliens go boom when struck with a blow. Still, for reasons unknown the astronomers are scared and run away.

1938- Mars Attacks the World
Alein invasion in 1938, yeah it is 2009 still no signs of alien invasion and still no diclosure

1951-The Man from Planet X

1953-The War of the Worlds
1956-Invasion of the Body Snatchers

1959-Invisible Invaders
1959- Twilight Zone
1963-The Day Mars Invaded Earth
1963-The outer limits

1966-Zontar: The Thing from Venus
1974-Invasion from Inner Earth
1983-V

And on and on... So how is it that litterally we have had these sci-fi movies for over 100 years and people still think that the V show is a warning or that the fourth kind and district 9 are warnings??? Even if they are warnings, it is a broken record that has been playing for 100 years and it is time to stop taking it serriously.
V-2009 no aliens no disclosure

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There is already a similar thread on this.

Why can't you people use the search before starting new threads?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
heh I was about to come in and reply with...

"If all of them are warnings, they sure are taking there time in doing what ever it is they are warning us about."

Then I realized Zaiger is basically saying that exact same thing

Yes, V is NOT a warning, nor the vast majority of all the old sci-fi we've seen. Often than not they are made to mirror the rumors and stories of the time since that gives them some cultural relevance at the time they are made, not the other way around.

S&F for Zaiger for some sanity on this matter
, not that its been much of an issue in the UFO forum, but its an annoying one when taken to the extreme by some people who think there are hidden messages in every thing.

Rocket Girl i think your a little hasty he's basically saying the complete opposite of those threads... we've had the entire history of film filled with these possible 'warnings'... and nothings come of them.

ie they aint covert warnings... just simply film fantasy for entertainment.

I find Zaiger a little abrasive in his posts an comments, but on this im in complete agreement with him.

edit:- grammar house keeping and other such stuff.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

Why cant you read a thread before posting?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Excuse you, I do and it's annoying when people post a thread similar to someone else's thread. The search exist for a reason, but there is no real reason to have it, if most people don't use it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

provide link to the thread and tell mods they will take it down

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If you want to see the thread do a search or go to recent post, it should be on the first page at the bottom or something. I would provide the link if you had of did a search first. There are also, more threads on this topic and not just the one I'm referring to.....goodbye!!!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Rocketgirl]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Great thread, Zaiger. Sorry about the big pink buzzkill.

I echo all sentiments. I wonder what would happen if a UFO believer wrote a UFO story... Would he be warning himself?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Im not sure. But i think whoever made the original V was warning us about David icke

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Im not sure. But i think whoever made the original V was warning us about David icke

Ohh, when will we learn?!

That Trip to the Moon movie is pretty sweet. Shame about the kid's voice, though.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Warning us of an alien invasion? If anything I believe they are scaring us with fear-propaganda! I think if we were ever visited by aliens, the first being's would be peaceful, not shape-shifting, human-cloning EVIL reptilian's like in V.

Although I have to say, its a very entertaining show. But that's all I believe it to be, propaganda designed to invoke fear of ET's and of course, entertainment.

Just my $0.02

Omni

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I usually agree with Zaiger but I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one.

Movies and TV are first and foremost about entertainment, no question about that. So if anyone says the primary reason for making a show is to make a warning, I'd have say, that's not the reason entertainment is made, it's made to entertain.

Having said that, I think some movies or TV shows can contain messages that can act as warnings to us. One example that comes to mind, is a movie called "The China Syndrome" www.imdb.com... about what could happen if a nuclear power plant had a meltdown. 12 days after the movie was released, there was a partial meltdown at the three mile island nuclear power plant! I think one of the unintended consequences of the movie was a warning and it so happened the warning came partially true.

A couple of other warning movies come to mind, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb www.imdb.com... and even though it's a comedy I think it's a warning about what can happen if doomsday machines are developed.

Similarly I think "War Games" www.imdb.com... was partly a warning about what can happen if we give too much control of our nuclear arsenal over to computers.

Now as for "V" being a warning, I see an underlying warning in the show. We've got crackpots like Steven Greer claiming that aliens are benevolent and won't harm us, and some people seem to believe that garbage. My best guess is that aliens (if they exist) would, like other human individuals and other nations have a range of attributes, some are more good, some are less good, and some can be evil. And that may be true for an entire species or culture of aliens, or of the aliens individually as well...and here we have the parallel example in the V series, where some of the aliens are "good", namely the "fifth column" who disagrees with the evil intent of the leaders.

The warning about contact with aliens was given to us by Stephen Hawking, that in our history on Earth when more advanced cultures have come in contact with less advanced cultures, the latter haven't fared well, so we should heed that warning and not make an active effort to try to contact more advanced ET cultures before we're ready.

Now as for whether there's anything more specific we are being warned about, no I don't think so. No impending disclosure, other than the continued release of FOIA documents after they become declassified etc. But I do think we need to hear the warning that not all alien contact may be with benevolent species. The warnings about aliens could take much longer to be realized than the warning in the movie "the China Syndrome" which only took 12 days, but I think we should consider that some movies do pose possible scenarios that go beyond their pure entertainment value.

But entertainment is still the primary purpose, and not any warning.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I'd call those examples less "warnings" and more "messages". The big difference between the two being messages are just expressions of opinion and "We shouldn't pollute." or "Nukes are bad." whereas warnings would be a more explicit "If a nuke goes off, duck under your desk and cover your head." kind of thing.

There's messages in almost all types of art, be it movies, music, writing, whatever. They're not all warnings, but the message helps make it more consumable to the public because it's easier to relate to.

Aliens are just another gimmick to send a message. Hopefully folks are actually seeing past the aliens in V and seeing that there's a larger, very human message in it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

A couple of other warning movies come to mind, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb www.imdb.com... and even though it's a comedy I think it's a warning about what can happen if doomsday machines are developed.

That is by far the BEST warning about self-destruction, and it also proves that you have to leave alone politically-correctness if you really want to make some masterpiece, as it IS: all you have to do is to show to the others what you have in mind, that's pure art.
I watch this part whenever i'm on bad mood:

What we seem to don't be ready to do is to fix our own issues before even looking outside.
A good attempt, though, was "The Day the Earth Stood Still" ( www.imdb.com... ): a possible scenario, but a weak story and, of course, an happy hand: every now and then, make some darn story end in some BAD way, since even stats say so. What we should keep in our minds is that we know nothing about possible alien civiliations, and that likely we would look to them like insects look to us: perhaps, like bacteria.
Even a scenario like this one can't be ruled out, as far as we know:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

Why are you so agitated by an online post? You are more than welcome to avoid a thread so instead of complaining just advert your pestering eyes. Thanks for your unwelcome annoyance of attendance. If someone would like to reiterate a point so be it, but your post is quite a waste of time and presents no valid argument. Goodbye agitation.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
V may not specifically be a message about disclosure but it's possible to hypothesise that the sci-fi genre and movies in particular are part of an ongoing and long-term acclimatisation program. Of course it's possible that movie makers simply create art that to reflect people's concerns. People are interested in UFOs so movie makers make UFO movies.

That's not to discount the very real fact that governments can and do use the Media to spread propaganda. And of course it begs the question why are people interested in UFOs? Do people like UFOs because of UFO movies? Or do movie makers make UFO movies because people like UFOs. At this stage I think there is a kind of feedback loop going but how did this feedback get started?

There must have been a point when UFO interest began. Was it a UFO movie that started the whole thing off? Or did people start making UFO movies because people were actually seeing UFOs?

One further point. Any alien civilisation that is at all ethical is not going to just show up at a planet and announce themselves. Far more likely is that they would first gather intelligence, specifically on how the local populace would react to their presence. After a time discreet contact would be made with select individuals, possibly scientists, possibly government or perhaps if things didn't go quite according to plan, the military. There may be agreement reached that the world is not ready for open contact yet but as eventual contact would be desirable the government of the day may work with the aliens to introduce the idea very, very gradually. Decades or even centuries may be the agreed span of such a plan.

Taking this view then, 'disclosure' has already started and has in fact been going on for a long time. And it may continue for a long time yet.

Drip, drip, drip ...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
All the movies show aliens in a bad light from ET ( cringe) to Alien ( black chitin and evil teeth killing machine) How is it hollywood have never done a good alien film?
even the more recent 'Day Earth stood still" film showed an Alien trying to kill but changes its mind at the end.
They never show an alien wanting to show us how to use our minds, develop our social skills or learning to use psychic powers?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

It appears certain individuals love the joy of wobbling.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
All the movies show aliens in a bad light from ET ( cringe) to Alien ( black chitin and evil teeth killing machine) How is it hollywood have never done a good alien film?
even the more recent 'Day Earth stood still" film showed an Alien trying to kill but changes its mind at the end.
They never show an alien wanting to show us how to use our minds, develop our social skills or learning to use psychic powers?

There are plenty of 'good' Alien movies. Some popular ones from this decade that come to mind are A.I. and K-Pax

However I definitely agree that bad alien movies are far more popular. Reasons I will not get into but I'm sure someone has the time to explain if need be.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Th0r]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

I vaguely remember both of those , well the ending anyway to AI , didn't those 'helpful' Aliens appear AFTER mankind has become extinct as they searched for artifacts we left behind? ( I.E they didn't appear before we wiped ourselves out) therefore not being helpful to us, and KPax , didn't the film sort of not say that Kevin SPACEY ( good name for an Alien) he's not an Alien but left the film with us guessing that either he was an Alien or a delusional individual?.

And in answer to your more popular bad aliens , simply because the public clamour , or at least Hollywood THINK we want to see horror and visceral action.
Sedate films of Aliens 'helping' mankind wouldn't sell very well, you might as well show a film of a farmer planting seeds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join