It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobbs Reaches Out to Latinos, With Politics in Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Mr. Dobbs, who left the network last week, has said in recent days that he is considering a third-party run for a New Jersey Senate seat in 2012, or possibly for president. Polls show voters unhappy with both parties, and strategists believe Mr. Dobbs could tap populist anger over economy issues just as Ross Perot did in the 1990s.

First, though, Mr. Dobbs is working to repair what a spokesman conceded is a glaring flaw: His reputation for antipathy toward Latino immigrants. In a little-noticed interview Friday, Mr. Dobbs told Spanish-language network Telemundo he now supports a plan to legalize millions of undocumented workers, a stance he long lambasted as an unfair "amnesty."

"Whatever you have thought of me in the past, I can tell you right now that I am one of your greatest friends and I mean for us to work together," he said in a live interview with Telemundo's Maria Celeste. "I hope that will begin with Maria and me and Telemundo and other media organizations and others in this national debate that we should turn into a solution rather than a continuing debate and factional contest."

Whoa, It does look like Sr. Dobbs is going into politics and he knows that without the Hispanic vote; he doesn't stand a chance.

However this won't endear him to the GOP or Right wing much at all.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Buena Suerte Senor Dobbs ...

..Seriously.. this guy wants to run for the senate seat ..?? in the state of New Jersey??? .. hahaha does he even realize the Latino population there is in NJ??

.. This guy is Delusional.. Este Pollo Esta Loco

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
IMO Dobbs wants to take a leaf out of Ron Paul book and conduct a well orchestrated PR campaign under the guise of a presidential campaign. Just look how Palin got a whooping book deal out of being a lousy VP candidate . Any genuine third party will target seats in Congress because it is the legislator that has the ability to cripple a presidents agenda . While the American people often expected consider leadership from the executive branch it is still Congress who controls the purse(SP) strings . These are crucial factors that many people often overlook .

join