It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Satans Greatest Deception

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by fromunclexcommunicate

If Satan gave us the knowledge of "nakedness," then he can't be the bad guy, IMO.

Anyway, it appears there are at least three "higher" consciousness at play here. The Yahweh consciousness, the Lucifer consciousness, and the Christ consciousness. And what about us?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What is wrong with the NIV of the Bible? I don't see it being evil or corrupt in anyway way, not read it all but what is missing from it or added?

NIV Perversion

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maceov

I think believing that life just "sprang up" all over the universe is a MUCH bigger stretch of the imagination than believing in a Creator.

The question that I will ask is, who created god? If you say that another being created god, than the god that is worshiped is not and ultimate being because he was created by something else. This argument creates an infinite loop.
Now if you say no one created god, and that god is infinite and had no creator. Then why could you not make the same argument about the universe? If god is so complex as to not need a creator, why even put a creator into the argument and just say the universe is infinite and without a beginning or creator?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
this is such an incredibly complicated topic.
you would have to start at the beginning and work your way through to the end, then verify it against other texts from the time and earlier. it's a huge
huge HUGE undertaking.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

God created naked humans. Satan gave us death and imperfect bodies we are self concious of, and oh, ya, the fashion industry.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Because the universe obey laws(in other words, it exhibits certain order that if we were to define intelligence as following certain orders, then we can say it has intelligence) that would seem improbable to happen by chance, and exhibit properties that, for all intents and purposes, rank with the supernatural.

If each of us were to imagine the universe, using our "classical intuition," that is before Einstein's concept of curved space, I would imagine it to be quite different from what we've learned.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I posted this in another thread. For there to be a Creator, that started it all, He would have to exist outside of time and space. That is the only way He could have no beginning and no end and no creator.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

How can we be 100% sure that you are not the Anti-Christ, attempting to shy us away from the One True Faith by asking questions that no one can answer?

All of you who come up with these religious conspiracies all have the same problem; you can't seem to understand a basic concept of faith.

You can't ask questions when they can't be answered. It's stupid, and it won't go anywhere.

Everyone's asked the questions to themselves before, the majority of us go through that either during or after puberty. It's normal.

You cant be certain. I may be the anit-christ, testing your faith. I think you are making my point.

Please dont try to trivialize this question as though it is a question only asked by children. This is a question that has been asked by many philosophers over the years and is touched upon in the bible itself.

If you dont care to ask questions about your own beliefs, than dont. But I think these are important questions for the lives of individuals and society as a whole. None can refute that Christianity and religion play a huge part in this drama of humanity and to simply follow it blindly is reckless at best.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by patriotjb42

I guess I didnt realize that asking questions made me a sick person.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

May god have mercy on your soul as well

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
How can you be sure that the Bible was not inspired by Satan? How can you know that the Pagan religion was not the one true religion and then Satan came to earth as Jesus, inspired man to write the Bible to convince humanity to worship a false prophet?

Try not to use the Bible as a reference because, if the Bible was inspired by Satan then it could not be used as a source to prove that Satan did not inspire it.

Is it unreasonable to believe that Christianity is the devils greatest deception? And how could you know whether it was or not? If Satan is able to deceive, how can you know that you are not being deceived into believing and worshiping a religion that is actually inspired by Satan?

There are over 16 ancient "non-Christian sources" that Christ did miracles, died and rose again.
I want to say that again, "non-Christian sources."
Thanks,
TT

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Beyond that -- Realize this much : By the OPs posts in this thread, it would be safe to assume, based on the topic at hand, that the OP could very well be Satan and that is the most logical argument against his argument. IF we are to consider a culmination of dozens of authors letters and writings as a document written by Satan, we could just as easily claim that the very OP is Satan attempting to discredit Satan as the author of said book fully KNOWING that the book itself was written by Satan! A never-ending trend of foolishness and stupidity and "circular logic", which you pointed out earlier, doesn't make you happy.

Its interesting that you claim my OP is stupid and childish, yet you continue to post in it. Why try to argue against a stupid point? And this is not a stupid question, in fact it has been discussed many times before by the great philosophers of our time.

Yes it is circular logic, thats kind of my point and why i'm asking this question. The Bible says that satan can take all these different forms and will attempt to deceive.

And I see circular logic being used by many to attempt to refute my question. You cant say that the bible wasnt inspired by satan by referencing the bible. No self validation allowed.

I have not attempted to insult anyone and am merely asking a question. You just stated multiple times that this thread is stupid and childish, yet you have continued to partake in the discussion. If it is so childish and stupid, why even bother to discuss?

You are right I could be Satan attempting to deceive you.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

I thought god was omnipotent? How could he allow Satan to affect his creation?

The only "knowledge" God wanted to keep from humans were things like death, suffering , sorrow, grief, murder, rape, disease, hunger, We could go on and on.

Why would god, an omipotent being allow satan, a mere fallen angel, to create death, suffering, sorrow, grief, murder, etc.?

I was under the impression that god created everything, so why did he create satan?

[edit on 26-11-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

I posted this in another thread. For there to be a Creator, that started it all, He would have to exist outside of time and space. That is the only way He could have no beginning and no end and no creator.

But its just as easy(if not easier) to say that the universe/universes are infinite and there is no need to install a creator.

Can god create a rock that is so heavy that he cannot lift it?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I lost a dear friend to suicide that had been sexually involved with a member of the Catholic clergy. Perhaps that is why I am spending some time this Thanksgiving reflecting on the meaning and value of Christianity. She took her life at the age of 47, far too soon, and for reasons beyond my comprehension.

Strangely her initial attraction to this individual was inspired by a notion of some higher "spiritual kinship". At the time I did not see the problem with such a relationship. Certainly a spiritual connection with someone can enhance the relationship. I will never know what happened, but when she discovered she had been duped and the Priest had other "special partners" she flipped out.

What should have just been the rejection one feels when a prospective prince turns out out be a toad got amplified in a very destructive way. It almost seemed like her faith turned a mans deception into a condemnation from God, because she thought she was on some kind of a spiritual plane with him?

I just don't think anyone should give God, Satan or any other man made concept that kind of power over you.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
How can you be sure that the Bible was not inspired by Satan? How can you know that the Pagan religion was not the one true religion and then Satan came to earth as Jesus, inspired man to write the Bible to convince humanity to worship a false prophet?

Try not to use the Bible as a reference because, if the Bible was inspired by Satan then it could not be used as a source to prove that Satan did not inspire it.

Is it unreasonable to believe that Christianity is the devils greatest deception? And how could you know whether it was or not? If Satan is able to deceive, how can you know that you are not being deceived into believing and worshiping a religion that is actually inspired by Satan?

There are over 16 ancient "non-Christian sources" that Christ did miracles, died and rose again.
I want to say that again, "non-Christian sources."
Thanks,
TT

Can you please cite these sources?

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Ignore this fool. No one has any proof of any kind that religion was or was not inspired by a so called Satan, because none exsists.
We do know the Bible WAS written by man, so it's more likely to have been created as a way to control the masses, more than having been written by a creature we have no proof of.

However, you CANNOT argue with anyone of any religion, because they are too close minded to even try to look outside the box.
Threy have been force fed bull# their entire lives. By bull# I mean a way of life that has no bearing, no proof behind it's teachings..it's simply blind ignorant faith.
Religion is the most dangerous thing there is.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

God allowed it because he can fix anything they temporarally screwed up. Creation either has free will or it doesn't. History will show Satan to be a liar and a murderer. Humans cannot rule this planet apart from God (which they have been doing). Even now you see this world is starting to crumble.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by dusty1]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Ignore this fool
reply to post by PublicDefenseCorp

You never seen Billy Madison? Try having a sense of humor. It makes life easier.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Can god create a rock that is so heavy that he cannot lift it?

But its just as easy(if not easier) to say that the universe/universes are infinite and there is no need to install a creator.

It is easy to say but hard to do. You don't insert a creator the Creator inserts you.

Why would God want to create a rock He couldn't lift?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

God allowed it because he can fix anything they temporarally screwed up. Creation either has free will or it doesn't. History will show Satan to be a liar and a murderer. Humans cannot rule this planet apart from God (which they have been doing). Even now you see this world is starting to crumble.

Why hasnt god "fixed" it? Why would god let satan deceive us? If god is omnipotent and omniscient, how can we have free will? An infinite god, residing outside of time must surely be able to see the "choices" we will make. And if god can already see the choices we will make, then we do not have free will.

Your last sentence has been made by people of every generation before us, that we are now in the end of times and the apocalypse is near.

Again, why would an omnipotent being allow HIS creation to be deceived? Does satan have a power that god cannot control? If that is true it would prove god infallible and not omnipotent. Why worship a god that is fallible and not omnipotent, such a being could not be god.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join