It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Satans Greatest Deception

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

...pfff - God didnt write the bible...

That could go both ways, I smell a hint of sarcasm...What do you mean?

Assuming that Christians are correct when they believe that God wrote, or massively influenced the writing of, the Bible,

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Good? Moral?

Clearly you are simply regurgitating what you've heard preached to you and have not done an iota of your own research. It is blatantly clear that you haven't read the whole Bible and simply base your belief system on a few cherry-picked verses.

Read the Bible for yourself and you will see the anger, hatred, vengefulness, lies, deceit, murder, double standards and and and that the god of the Bible has made himself guilty of ... yet tells us not do such things.

The truth shall set you free ... and I'm afraid the Bible is not truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
well, you quoted from An Argument for Satan: "...God puts himself everywhere, writing an entire book about how powerful and important he is...." last chapter.

Thats just one mistake in a lot in that text - God didnt write that book !

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blipthenorth
The bible was written by God because look at how one sided it is. There are always 2 sides to every story and the bible is certainly skewed to put God in the best light.

In my opinion God acts like a little spoiled brat. "Do what I SAY or else..."
It wouldn't be so bad if God said "Ok follow me or not it's your choice, if you decide not too that's fine you have free will so i'll just blip you out of existence."

Instead he pouts like a little girl. "Well..well...since you won't follow me i'm gonna make you suffer forever because I can and let's see how you like that mister!"

Whatever...take your holy attitude and stuff it. Maybe satan decided to actually think for himself and rebelled against God not unlike the americans did against the british way back when.

Yeah sure God has the power to do whatever he wants but as the old saying goes....I'd rather die on my feet than serve on my knees.

It would be really interesting to get the other side of the story of what happened up there with the angels than just the one version of it....might not be all you've been led to believe.

OK so God is unfair, well I don't certainly like everything that God has commanded, neither do I like the way our life's are sometimes commanded as well.

Lets look at this example, we as our nations have developed a system of money that is earned upon a mutual exchange of a service (job). Now we always sign a contract or a mutual agreement of trust that what we do and how we do will only be accordance to the boundaries of our jobs, and if we fail at one point in time we may be terminated from the service with or without a warning. Therefore without money and instinct to survive in the wilderness we are opt to suffer due to our actions. Is that fair?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

Thats just one mistake in a lot in that text - God didnt write that book

He's assuming Christians are right when saying it's 'God's Word'...

What is your argument? God influenced it- It's only his side.
Or
God had nothing to with it, humans made it up- So it's a big fat lie.

Pic one.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awakened2012
From what I know, the bible wasn't written by just one person. It was written under the authority of a group of people, those holding the highest rank in the Church. Don't forget that back in those days the Church was not like that of which we know today. Those contributing to the bible did it with the intention of controlling the people by the means of fear. If a person did something contrary to what the bible stated, they would damned to hell.
I don't believe that Satan created Christianity as a means to deceive people. I believe that the bible in fact was originally created as a guide for people for spiritual guidance. I believe that along the line greedy & corrupt individuals are to blame for certain misrepresentations in the bible.
Is Christianity truly Satan's deception? No one can really say. That is why we as individuals have to truly distinguish right from wrong. If you read or hear about something that doesn't look, sound, or feel right, then 99% probability its not, at least to you. Trust your gut instinct.

You are referring to Roman Christian Church here, not all branches of Christianity are related to this church, therefore we have no right to judge them all. In fact Christianity is an overly stated word; we need to be specific sometimes as to what Bible (or book of knowledge) whatever you want to call it originated from, because this is like saying all animals are corrupt and are dangerous; just because we generalised something it does not have to reflect the entire subject matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yeah, Christ has nothing to do with Satan.. pfft.. foolishness.

Worshiping the dead on a cross and partaking in a ritual that requires you to drink the blood and eat the flesh of the dead. Yeah, that's completely innocent and holy, not necromantic at all... Something Satan would never do.

I'll stay away from the necromancy and just lead a normal, simple life, thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If God is all knowing, as the majority of believers hold to be true, than there is one fact you have to acknowledge.

Before God created the world he knew how many billions and billions of people would not follow him and that he would have to end up sending to hell to suffer for eternity in the grand lake of fire.

He had to look at this and say to himself, "This is acceptable to me."

Now believers will counter with, "Yes but it's our choice, we have free will!"
Well actually you don't since you will end up making the decision that God has already chosen for you...it's unavoidable.

I just don't understand how so many people could follow a God that is evil enough to create a world where he knows people won't follow him but does it anyways..

Why didn't he create a world where only 2 or 3 people choose not to follow him? The number of people going to hell is exactly the number he chose before he created earth.

Now if someone was to tell me that God doesn't know everything and he is fighting with satan for souls then I would have alot more respect for God and probably end up going to church every sunday but the way it stands now I don't think there has been anything more evil in the existence of the universe than God.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
When you can prove or disprove the possibility of a living entity called God, THEN we can have a proper discussion on this subject.

I tend to believe, due to the order of the universe. And that is my perogative and should not be sneered at or looked down upon agnostics, atheists, etc.

Is this not supposed to a website of acceptance and tolerance???

I think believing that life just "sprang up" all over the universe is a MUCH bigger stretch of the imagination than believing in a Creator.

You are of course entitled to your non-belief, but it really feels like you're simply trying to bait people into a volatile discussion with your subject matter.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by maceov]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

The problem is, it can be flipped either way. You are absolutely right that Genesis is making an argument for leadership by men. But when you view the flip side, you are merely becoming the very thing you hate. Judgment. Unforgiveness. These are qualities which animate the merry-go-round. The only reason cycles within civilizations are viewed as "natural" is because the artificial ego, that beast masquerading as the divine, relentlessly slings arrows and accuses, leaving others guilty as charged. They then become animated meat puppets which continue the drama. Sometimes master becomes slave, and slave becomes master, but the story remains the same, even if the characters swap roles. Christ seemed to be quite craftily offering a reconcile between "Yahweh" and "Satan." When these two reconcile and become as one, the being is Christ-like. There is a lack of balance nowadays in the West, however, as Satan is prancing mightily while Yahweh is categorically shunned. Manipulation leads to havoc unless domination steps in. Domination leads to havoc unless manipulation steps in. But these two, hand in hand, create the system of slavery, domination, manipulation, divide and conquer, etc. A society of animated meat puppets animating the other meat puppets through severity. When the dominator and manipulator reconcile, there is only love, and that is truly being free. It is not this freeDOM that some seem to be seeking, as that is merely the social allowance for all to freely and ruthlessly dominate and manipulate the other, and have this activity considered a virtue. Greed is good? BS. Much love. You had many valid points, but I see them as merely half of the current picture. I also understand that when the two are reconciled, a third thing is created.

Edit: You forgot to mention that, just like Adam, Lilith DEMANDED to be on top. Yahweh sided with Adam. Satan sided with Lilith. Man aligned himself with Yahweh. Woman aligned herself with Satan. Seems to me they are both full of fecal matter, like monkeys slinging poo at each other in a grand gesture for territory. Man should not seek to control woman through domination, or command her through logic. Woman should not seek to control man through manipulation, or command him through enchantments, weaving dramas that force him to be a character seeking HER final goal, a Holy Grail of sorts, if you will. Do you not see the grand picture I see. I see history as a drama with a Christ-like figure at the center. Whether one agrees with specific dogma is irrelevant, as something is always lost in translation. The only way to avoid the wrath of Yahweh and the self-destructive trickery of Satan is to be more like Christ. Of course, this is all my opinion, but I think the point is either at or very near the center of the "O."
[edit on 26-11-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In the bible under the section on Job it is quite apparent that God and the Devil co-operate to test Job into finding out whatever trials are put in front of him by the Devil, would he still believe in God?
So, to me this defining chapter leads me to think that there are tasks being done to prove if the Devil can make people turn away from God then God is better.
In Job's case he did not turn away from God even though the Devil scourged him with every bad thing you could ever imagine happening to yourself.
I look on this chapter as like an episode of Star Trek, The Next Generation, with Q being the Devil and Captain Picard as God. If you don't watch Star Trek then this will be meaningless....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I understand what you are saying, but the problem is not with the bible itself, but rather the false version of Christianity that Jesus himself said would spring up apostatizing from the truth he taught in the 1st century. That IS Satan's greatest deception.
Satan knew he couldn't stop Christianity, his best chance was to infiltrate it and corrupt it. Which he did, just look at the Catholic church and it's history for one.

So I would amend your title to "False Christianity, Satans Greatest Deception"

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You are absolutely right about this. However, you SEEM to be assuming that Christ wanted this, and that church leaders did not completely pervert a liberating philosophy to serve their own selfish ends, to serve their animal power lust.

Edit: You beat me to it blue jay.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Not that I'm religious or anything, but I've always thought that Christianity is mostly "bad" and that the man known as Jesus was all good. Heh - I can see how this topic might attract severe flaming.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
In the bible under the section on Job it is quite apparent that God and the Devil co-operate to test Job into finding out whatever trials are put in front of him by the Devil, would he still believe in God?
So, to me this defining chapter leads me to think that there are tasks being done to prove if the Devil can make people turn away from God then God is better.
In Job's case he did not turn away from God even though the Devil scourged him with every bad thing you could ever imagine happening to yourself.
I look on this chapter as like an episode of Star Trek, The Next Generation, with Q being the Devil and Captain Picard as God. If you don't watch Star Trek then this will be meaningless....

This story is in the bible because this example worked out in God's favor. Do you really believe the story of Job would be in the bible if he turned his back on God.

Makes you wonder how many times this has happened and people actually sided with the bad guy.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by blipthenorth]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I don't think Satan inspired the Bible, being as it has so many contradictions, violence, murder, incest, a jealous angry God who destroys the world...., I guess you can see where I'm going with this. If the Bible was written to dupe man into a religion by a super smart devil, I think he would have done a much better job of it.

I can't say I believe in Satan either though. I am agnostic myself.

I do think that religious Jews did write a lot of the Bible, but I would bet the farm that the version we have today has been heavily revised to better suit the desires of church rulers back in the 1600s. I also believe that originally a lot of it was borrowed by the Jews from other religions and myths.

Eventually the church and the state became consolidated in Catholicism, and then I believe the Bible was really nothing more than a tool to control the masses and steal their gold. These days I think it's used primarily as a tool to control congregations and clean out their wallets.

I mean no offense to those who believe it's a holy book, I simply have another point of view.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nethawk

I think many see it the way you do. We must not throw out the baby with the bath water.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Scenario:

Jesus, 100% human, taught what the devil told him to teach.

Devil performed all the miracles making people believe in Jesus.

Now we all believe in the Bible that's inspired by the Devil.

Interesting idea OP XD.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

You realize I didn't write that right? I stumbled across it quite a while back, and this thread reminded me of of it...

But to your post- I agree with 100% on everything . But I do think the writer of that page makes some good points too. Love is all there is. We don't need all this stuff like religion to be capable of giving or receiving it.

What you said about the ego- Spot on. Read this - Ego- The False Center

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If Christianity were satan's deception, what would he be deceiving the adherents of? A book which teaches selfless love and compassion doesn't seem like a very hearty deception.

I'll agree that from the outside, many of those who lay claim to being a Christian might give someone pause about the above statement. But to read and study the Word until you are familiar with His voice, and can differentiate between your internal voice (whether corrupted by flesh, or by the demonic realm) and that of Almighty God, that is the line between the mature believer and those who feign, or are young in the faith. Some never mature.

To know God is to know the Truth, and to know love. It changes, it strengthens, it comforts and His peace is imparted to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join