It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, Satans Greatest Deception

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How can you be sure that the Bible was not inspired by Satan? How can you know that the Pagan religion was not the one true religion and then Satan came to earth as Jesus, inspired man to write the Bible to convince humanity to worship a false prophet?

Try not to use the Bible as a reference because, if the Bible was inspired by Satan then it could not be used as a source to prove that Satan did not inspire it.

Is it unreasonable to believe that Christianity is the devils greatest deception? And how could you know whether it was or not? If Satan is able to deceive, how can you know that you are not being deceived into believing and worshiping a religion that is actually inspired by Satan?

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well your logic could follow some sort of path like that, but then you are also saying that there is most likely a God along with something like hell too, and I would wonder if God would allow Satan to do as you might suggest.

If you are thinking that there is only a Satan then none of it really matters...

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

You could provide some rational for your statement as opposed to just insulting me. I am agnostic and even if there is a god, humanities interpretation of said god through the tool of religion is faulted at best.

I was merely proposing a thought experiment for those who do believe. I am wondering why there is so much faith put into a bible and religion that could be falsified according to their own beliefs and documentation.

If you want to participate in this thread, feel free but your response is not helping anyone or providing any substance to this question.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well your logic could follow some sort of path like that, but then you are also saying that there is most likely a God along with something like hell too, and I would wonder if God would allow Satan to do as you might suggest.

If you are thinking that there is only a Satan then none of it really matters...

I am aware of the circular logic that I have provided. Without the Bible there would be no mention of the Satan or the potential for Satan to deceive. This is what I find confusing about the faith that is put forth in religion.

I appreciate your thoughtful response, unlike some people

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I wrote it! I admit it and I have a grave hidden agenda, HAHAHHAHAHAH!

obviously j/k

There is no way of knowing 100% who wrote the known books of the bible or what their intentions were, but the idea that a malevolent force inspired the bible fails to coalesce with all ideas and thoughts within it. So I am going to lean on the no way side of this question.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Here's a taste of what you're looking at as repercussion for suggesting this:

Christianity: Possibly Satan's utlimate deceit?

Yep, I've tried it once, as have at least half a dozen others.
Have fun. The monkeys don't like you throwing their crap back at them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If Satan created the Bible, he would be creating a document that caused people to worship God, not himself. Therefore, the concept that Satan wanted to be greater than God and be worshiped like God would fall apart.

If Satan created the Bible, he would have to know the future. From what we know about Satan in the Bible, he is no more capable of predicting the future than any other created being. If Satan were capable of predicting the future, he would not have played into the hands of the plan of God unwittingly. For example, he would have done everything to prevent the crucifixion of Christ, rather than everything to cause it to happen. He would not have caused Adam to sin, rather he would have prevented it. Since the Bible is filled with predictive prophecy, we can know that Satan did not write it unless Satan is God.

Therefore, if Satan is God, he does not want to be worshiped as God.

On the other hand, sometimes I think a lot of these pastors are working for him. They sure have the money business and entertainment business down pat. I think Joan of Arc would have been surprised, not to mention Paul, who made tents for a living while he preached. For all we know, Jesus was doing carpenter work between preaching assignments, too. At the cross, he turned over the responsibility of caring for his mother to John.

Also, Jesus covered this very topic when He was accused of working for Satan. www.bible-school.co.uk... If Satan wants people to follow him, and he can possess them, why would he send them away or cast himself out of them? It is illogical. It would be as if I were to say that I am a painter, and the way I paint a home is to remove all the paint and never paint it.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I did not realize you were so sensitive. I apologize.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Its not that I am "so sensitive" its that your contribution to this thread was to insult me without providing any thought of your own. If you were being sarcastic, it did not come through.

I am aware of the Billy Madison reference and it is a very funny one. But I'm not able to tell if you are insulting me or just making a sarcastic joke. Either way I accept your apology and wish no hard feelings on this matter and would honestly welcome your view on this question(if in fact it is different from what is implied from your previous post)

Regards.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hmmm, Satan behind the bible? Consider:

The conflict in the Bible between God and the Serpent, God was trying to keep a certain type of knowledge away from Mankind and the Serpent was trying to teach Mankind that knowledge. God made it a sin to eat of the fruit.

Why should learning knowledge be a sin?

If satan is behind the real world:
You are lead to think that you are the most advanced human earth has ever seen when in fact, the reverse is true. You are dependant on what someone else knows, for all your basic needs. Everything is prepared for you.

Can you make clothes?
Or do you get it in department stores.

Can you build a house?
Or did someone design it for you? Someone else built it?

Can you even gather food for your own survival?
Or do you get it at grocery stores

It was the learning of certain types of knowledge that was made a sin. Someone didn't want Man to learn that knowledge.
Knowledge that when studied, leads to the realization that earth is a prison where you can get trapped, and that unless you study this knowledge you will be forever controlled and never be free.

You think you know anything different than me? Someone has designed an education system that produces individuals who all think the same way.

Satan? Only him or someone like him would want us to live like this, as ignorant slaves, totaly dependant on him\them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Looks like I have some reading to do. Four pages, lots of non-answers and only one flag for your thread. I think this is a interesting question for religious believers to ask themselves.

This doesnt really matter to me, as I am not a believer in such things but I just wonder how someone who does believe can be sure of the accuracy of their belief. If Pascals wager is the reason for believing in god, then what information is being used to determine which god to worship. Not only are there many gods and religions worshiped all over the world but I am unsure how someone could come to terms with Christianity, knowing that there is a possibility that they could be being deceived by Satan.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
whoa.... we have another one who has 'caught on'....

the 1st Age of history belonged to Ahriman
the 2nd Age belonged to Seth
this 3rd Age belongs to Satan/Lucifer

if any of the others need proof,
read scriptures where Jesus the Christ recieves 3 temptations when out in the desert for 40 days.

turning stones into bread is one of the temptations
Jesus later had his 'last supper' where he told the desciples that the wine & bread was become flesh & blood forever more.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm glad you got the Billy Madison referrence. I thought it was funny and meant no insult to you personally. You are an unbeliever, and you are goading believers into a debate about the Bible, without allowing them to use the Bible. That is why I used the quote.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1

I'm glad you got the Billy Madison referrence. I thought it was funny and meant no insult to you personally. You are an unbeliever, and you are goading believers into a debate about the Bible, without allowing them to use the Bible. That is why I used the quote.

I wasnt trying to goad them into debate. I was merely asking to use logic and critical thinking to advance the discussion. It seems that whenever it is asked of Christians to prove something, they delve into circular logic, using the Bible to prove the Bible. This is not logical and gets us no further and answers nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Learning knowledge, or wanting to learn knowledge was not the sin. Disobeying was the sin.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I always had a thought.....if god wanted us helpless and dependent, wouldn't that be the bad? And Satan wanted us to have the knowledge and be free, so wouldn't that be good?
What if the roles are reverse and the deception is just that? Guess will never know

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

yeah that's right.....no knowledge for you, and you will obey! Sounds a little like the government, yes. Maybe we are being controlled on two fronts......by a jealous and angry god and by crooked liars in DC.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Well that wasn't very nice. Do you consider yourself a Christian?!?

I agree with the OP. Satan is said to be "the great Deciever"....what better way for him to stick it to God than to dupe God's own children into worshipping him thru organized religion....while they think their honoring God.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I love these sort of threads. They are very entertaining and, sometimes, enlightening. Yikes! Satan, the great deception. Good luck, Dude. with dealing with the great pretender. have at it believers. Heh.

Ha hah hah. You need job? Maybe you get job Wendy's? Ha ha ha!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join