It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do children have a better understanding of spirituality then most adults?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

well just because you and your children disrespect your belongings doesn't mean my ides are wrong, my younger brother is like that. But I think i'm going to coin the term 'energy signatures' but I need to prove it or theorize something which may explain what I am trying to explain. People believe ghosts can leave some sort of signature so...

People believe a lot of things without warrant in which to believe what they believe. Do you believe what all people believe or only that which you personally believe is right?

You claim children have some innate intuitive knowledge while citing an example of how you treat your toys. Yet, when a different example of how a different child treats it's toys, you resort to blind faith that your concept is still invariably true for all children. How arrogant...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Awe, I rember loving my stuffed animals equally too, and remeber with kittens and puppies, letting them know I loved them all even though I could only take one home, and I felt SOOOO terrible for haing to leave the others behind etc....

I think I'll go have a cry now, because I STILL feel like that with all of my house plants etc...

I do really just with everything and everyone could feel loved.

Wow, I am really crying harshly here, you really struck a chord....I hope you all feel loved...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
Influences from parents play a great role for kids in their own understanding. Parents manipulate children and it's a normal process. If the parents are highly spiritual, the children will be raised within the parameters of spirituality. If the parents are very religious, they will be raised accordingly.
If the parents are atheists, those are the parameters that will shape the education, etc.
So, it all depends on the parents and on the education given to the kids.

Not allways true......I was adopted early by a very abusive atiest family, they were divorced when I was 2 and it just goes downhill from there. I have allways believed in a loving creator, I am not religious, and I would never do to a child what was done to me.....(every sick worst crime you could imagine) now I have to put on a fake smile and still see these people for christmas etc, because I am still trying to "help" them get better too....

OP, Boy did your thread ever touch me....alligator tears.......mabey knowing you exsist, there are others out there like me, makes me feel so wonderful.
Bless you OP.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I'm not being arrogant, but I'm not going to step away from something I just stated that I think may be possible simply because you gave an alternative. I have no problem with what you had to say, sorry if it came out wrong I had been on my cell when I typed that last post up.

And mellisamouse, I'm glad you got some good memories out of the thread
Don't cry to be upset, cry because you have good/fond memories with your stuffed animals/plants whatever!

Edit: No stars? No flags?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskadedamn man...that stuffed animal thing GOT ME!!! i am a male, and i did the same thing as a kid...

Ha, this is funny how this seems to resonate with a lot of you guys on here (male and female). I'm also male and I remember going to some Taekwondo camp when I was young (but I guess a bit old to be carrying around a stuffed animal) and I remember taking my favorite stuffed animal out, it was a tiger which when pressed made tiger sounds... well the other people in my hut or whatever made fun of me, but I stood my ground and thought it was completely normal... However, I think when I got home I put my stuffed animals away for the most part after that... Now that I think about it, where the hell did all my stuffed animals go?!?! I want them back! Lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join