It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do children have a better understanding of spirituality then most adults?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I was just thinking about some things about spirituality, about Ascension, higher consciousness etc. when I thought back to a time when I was maybe ~6 years old. I remember having OCD (or what I was told was OCD) which I still have to this day, although recently my thought process has changed very positively and is on the path to enlightenment
Anyway, the reason I brought this up is because I remember distinctly doing things as a child that may hold some weight nowadays. For example, with my stuffed animals (I had tons of them, literally!) I would have to basically 'rotate' how much time I would carry or play with them because I thought of them as if they were real, or more so had a consciousness. I'd actually feel bad for these stuffed animals if I didn't treat them equally. Yes I know it sounds kind of funny, and it can probably be explained in psychology, in fact I'm sure it could be, but that still doesn't mean I'm completely wrong in this aspect.

Is it possible that what I was doing was actually the right thing to do? Maybe I was doing this because I knew subconsciously that everything is "One" and I should treat it all with respect? I may be going out on a limb here but this thought just popped into my mind so I thought I'd share.

Please share any thoughts you have on this subject of children possibly possessing more information, or maybe being more intuitive, with information about life, the consciousness etc...

I remember being told, or hearing?, that when we are younger we know the information we want to know as an adult, but we slowly lose it once we get to the age of 2ish (which is when you'd possibly be able to start showing signs of knowing information others do not). This is just something I remember hearing, so I know it more than likely is wrong, but thought I'd just add this tidbit in to this thread.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Influences from parents play a great role for kids in their own understanding. Parents manipulate children and it's a normal process. If the parents are highly spiritual, the children will be raised within the parameters of spirituality. If the parents are very religious, they will be raised accordingly.
If the parents are atheists, those are the parameters that will shape the education, etc.
So, it all depends on the parents and on the education given to the kids.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was just like you as a child... I always seem to feel guilty whenever I ignored toys or other inanimate objects over others. I remember on the playground their was this x's and o's game where you turn these giant cylinders to play the game. During recess, nobody would ever play with them, so sometimes I would just walk over and spin them around to make them "feel better". It is a feeling I still carry to this day... although I can control it much better. I always seem to feel bad for that chair that nobody sits in, or that window nobody looks out of, or that blank part of the chalkboard the teacher never writes on.

I definitely believe children are much more spiritually connected than adults- it is through the conditioning adults give to their children that eliminates this connection, for a child will almost blindly believe anything their parent tells them.

Ironic how parents always teach their children to share, play fair, and be nice when we live in a society that is based on greed, inequality, and conflict.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I flew out of my body all the time when I was a newborn. I happen to remember a lot of things. I saw the energy grids of eternity like giant spirals. It was scary, so I did not want to eat.
Around 12 I had a dream contact with peaceful UFO people.
Whenever I walked into a dark room in my grandpa's place I saw an ethereal leopard or tiger.
In my dreams I was regularly taken by what I called the "dead people" who actually looked more like aliens and laid out on a giant stone table to be examined.
I was a weird child and now my children are aware of reincarnation, spirits and stuff. My grandma practiced yoga...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think it's more that children are blank slates. As adults we are so conditioned and concrete on all the preconceived notions we are fed through the education system, media, and society, but Children haven't had their minds set and molded yet.

They can believe anything and because of that (especially if you believe thoughts create reality) they are much more keen on the extraordinary.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Ahh it's nice to see someone else has (had?) a thought process like mine as a child. And yes, I will admit I still have the same thing going on like you mentioned, but I was not ready to admit it to everyone here, ha. But it's fine because it's our understanding that everything is made of energy.

To go deeper into it, think of things this way. Maybe children were forced to make the toys you and I all played with as children. Their energy was used to create those toys, so maybe there is an energy signature left within those inanimate objects which we were able to sense, and that alone made us feel the way we did... it's just a thought but I think it may be true, I will have to try and remember to focus on these types of questions next time I am meditating or experience an OBE.

What do you think of my idea of energy signatures? (although since I've read little about the topics at hand, I'm sure someone else has already said something about energy leaving signatures)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think there is definately something to this.

I'll never forget the one time where I saw a monster/demon/alien/hallucination. It played a drum beat that after 20+ years i can still recall.
I was like four or something. I still don't know why it's beneficial for children to hallucinate, evolutionarily.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Most children have elevated tissue copper levels. Copper is known as the psychic, or intuitive mineral. Usually around age four, the copper levels out, and we lose most of our intuitive understanding. Some people have natural tendencies for continuing the accumulation of copper. It's usually found in high levels in sensitive people. Copper dissociates us from reality, and offers a means to escape the pain dealt with by highly sensitive people. This works well, until the copper gets too high. Then people experience psychosis.

Most of this information is taken from this link: Copper Toxicity

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
When you're a child I think your mind is wide open and your imagination is endless. Some have imaginary friends that are so real to them that they actually see them, play with them and talk to them. I don't think a child has a better understanding of spirituality but maybe a better mind for it. You can learn anything you want as a child and do it better than most adults but the older a child gets it seems they lose that edge. The innocents of a child's mind is something I wish we all could keep even as an adult. I think the world would be a better place.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
Influences from parents play a great role for kids in their own understanding. Parents manipulate children and it's a normal process. If the parents are highly spiritual, the children will be raised within the parameters of spirituality. If the parents are very religious, they will be raised accordingly.
If the parents are atheists, those are the parameters that will shape the education, etc.
So, it all depends on the parents and on the education given to the kids.

Not always quite true. My parents and grandparents, in matter of fact all of my family are very religious people.

I was never religious, but I was very spiritual and I am a clairvoyant (Higher awareness that others dont have). To this day I seek knowledge that others only hear in fairy tales and seeking more power is also what i do.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I don't know where to start with my response to this. I will address, first, the title of the thread. Yes, children DO have a better understanding of spirituality than most adults. That's because they are closer to the source. Old people, too, have a better understanding, just like children, and that is because they are closer to the source, too.

One of my daughters when she was 4 years old, told my wife that she remembered the time when she was somewhere else. She looked down upon me and my wife and wanted to be with us. But an authoritive figure told her she couldn't join us yet. She cried. And the authroritive figure told her, don't cry. You can join them later, when it is right for you to join them.
But for now, just watch, and know you willl be with them.

My wife told me of this conversation with our young daughter. I talked to my daughter to find out more information. She told me, it's all so simple. I saw you, I wanted to be with you. I couldn't at that time. And then I got to be with you.

It really is quite simple. Why make it harder to understand than it really is? Open your minds and recognize the truth and reality that is. Let your spirits soar, like they are supposed to do. Don't allow artificial restrictions cloud your essence of self and oneness with the all.

Just some advice from an individual who is peering, once again, peering into the massive and endless expanse of what is.

My .02 New World Units.

Like that sort of currency really means anything in the great scheme of things in this vast universe.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Of course...
Do kids get along with adults if you really think about it? No...they are taught to behave and pretend or act accordingly or else.

When I was age 7 we use to play this game called stiff as a board light as a feather. Some call it kid tricks. One day I decided to open my eyes and to my amazement indeed they were really levitating.

My mom had given me a cool bible called the childrens living bible. It had a cool picture of jesus in the mountains carrying a little lamb.

One day the power had gone out and I decided to turn the power back on. I touched this bible to the light in the kitchen and the power came back on.

Then it was time for my robot assimilation training after age 9-10. Have to create adult children that make money and contribute to the hive you know.

Nowadays the spiritual stuff goes on but it is more chaotic and uncontrollable. Good angels and not so good angels playing all around. I dont really get along with most humans nowadays, never really did after age 9. Guess the assimilation training was not a success either. I look at children and see that they will soon be one of us and realize the nightmare is real

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I liked how your thought and childhood experience tied into spirituality, but basically no, I do not think that children are more spiritual than adults. Yes you were probably having a spiritual experience as a child, it's just that people begin to feel that there is some extraordinary natural state to a child. The idea is that the child is born perfect, and then slowly the realities of the world degrade the child until that child becomes a properly degraded, devalued, adult.

While that may be so, I do not believe this sort of appeal to the natural is so much spiritually guided. It's more like another attempt to find a solid connection to the spiritual. Finding that connection has eluded the religious and philosophical since the beginning of history. Nature is not the connective link. Nature does very barbaric things, cruel things, and I don't suppose you thought children were more spiritual based on their cruelty and selfishness?

Ultimately these ideas just make a person feel that the older they get, the farther away they are from spiritual enlightenment. It would be a great way for a Guru to convince his followers that they needed him and were still very far away.

I also don't like how people talk to elders these days like they are children. Why do we play these roles and why do the old act so childish? We are taught to do it by society. It's so egoic, and so pointless.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Thanks, looking back on my OP now I see how cool it is that I put an old memory as a child along side my spirituality that I have now come to know.

This makes me wonder how many other experiences I've had that I was unaware of that was actually spiritual... since I just had my spiritual awakening this sort of stuff keeps coming to me now more and more, not just memories and such, but knowledge. Just walking around my room I pick up on things and put 2+2 together in ways I never did before, I love it
However, I do need to practice my meditation because ultimately that will get me to where I need to be.

Back on subject though, I understand that children usually are very creative and can imagine things that we, as adults, could never repeat at this age. I think to some degree we may be born with the knowledge, or maybe I'm just thinking how we are all born (well conceived) with the ability to learn anything & everything. We just need to learn how to become One with ourselves and everything around us. I wonder if someone started with a child at a young age, some sort of memory exercises, that maybe they would be able to recall spiritual experiences before becoming too old to remember. I believe all our memories are stored within our psyche, we just don't know how to access all of it. Some of it I believe we may not want to access, which is the hard part about becoming one with yourself, because you want to find that inner peace, but nobody has a perfect life. Anyway, if anyone has any more information (maybe some websites?) on the topic of children and spirituality I'd like to hear about it. Maybe it would help me remember some positive experiences and help me further my search for truth

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Energy signatures eh?

I've never heard of that idea before, although it is definitely one that seems to resonate well with me and my spiritual/philosophical beliefs... I'm surprised I've never thought about it or read about it before. It makes a lot of sense to me... come to think of it part of the reason I feel for these inanimate objects is that I know somewhere, sometime, somebody put their efforts into creating it, and therefore it has value which should not be overlooked.

I really do like that term though... I think it is another marvelous way to describe how everything- literally everything- is connected to everything else in some way.

And don't feel afraid about sharing things you feel others might be judgmental of. I know it is a hard gap to overcome, but once you do overcome it, the freedom of being able to express everything you feel without worry is truly liberating.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The purity of being very young, the innocense of it. Untarnished by the complications of life. Perhaps this is what makes children better company to angels or good spirits. Maybe there is a sense that hasn't been fully blocked yet by the confusion or sin we encounter as we grow older.
It seems like an instinct to create life and treat it well is born into most people. It is reflected in our arts. Created in His image.
I can remember dreams from my childhood where the toys came to life after everyone was asleep. The basement filled up like a lake, and they all had a big party.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Please share any thoughts you have on this subject of children possibly possessing more information, or maybe being more intuitive, with information about life, the consciousness etc...

I disagree as there are many children who show no respect for their toys at all, I was one of those children. My kids also show no respect for their toys nor do they or have ever treated them as real entities.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

I disagree as there are many children who show no respect for their toys at all, I was one of those children. My kids also show no respect for their toys nor do they or have ever treated them as real entities.

well just because you and your children disrespect your belongings doesn't mean my ides are wrong, my younger brother is like that. But I think i'm going to coin the term 'energy signatures' but I need to prove it or theorize something which may explain what I am trying to explain. People believe ghosts can leave some sort of signature so...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well if you think that spiritualism is childish, then yes children do indeed have a better understanding in that.

I wonder why though!
Still wondering!

God dammit.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
I was just thinking about some things about spirituality, about Ascension, higher consciousness etc. when I thought back to a time when I was maybe ~6 years old. I remember having OCD (or what I was told was OCD) which I still have to this day, although recently my thought process has changed very positively and is on the path to enlightenment
Anyway, the reason I brought this up is because I remember distinctly doing things as a child that may hold some weight nowadays. For example, with my stuffed animals (I had tons of them, literally!) I would have to basically 'rotate' how much time I would carry or play with them because I thought of them as if they were real, or more so had a consciousness. I'd actually feel bad for these stuffed animals if I didn't treat them equally. Yes I know it sounds kind of funny, and it can probably be explained in psychology, in fact I'm sure it could be, but that still doesn't mean I'm completely wrong in this aspect.

Is it possible that what I was doing was actually the right thing to do? Maybe I was doing this because I knew subconsciously that everything is "One" and I should treat it all with respect? I may be going out on a limb here but this thought just popped into my mind so I thought I'd share.

I remember being told, or hearing?, that when we are younger we know the information we want to know as an adult, but we slowly lose it once we get to the age of 2ish (which is when you'd possibly be able to start showing signs of knowing information others do not). This is just something I remember hearing, so I know it more than likely is wrong, but thought I'd just add this tidbit in to this thread.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by highlyoriginal]

damn man...that stuffed animal thing GOT ME!!!
i am a male, and i did the same thing as a kid and sadly up til about 10-11, and then it was DRILLED INTO ME, that its weird STOP IT, and i got them taken away.
When i was a kid i had a bunkbed, i slept on top. When everyone would go to sleep i would jump down, grab all my stuffed animals, bring them up in the bed with me, and somewhat surround them around me. The only real reason was like u said...i felt they needed love, and they didnt deserve to be shown otherwise. As well i would "rotate" 2-3 to sleep right in my arms, or right right next to me lol.
I also said that when i grow up i want to be a dog catcher, and i wanna put them in my truck, and give them steaks and a lot of good food, and take them to a big giant backyard and take care of all of them and play with them.
Its amazing what we understand as a child, and then the good/happiness sheds, and we forget who we REALLY were.
JUST TODAY my little cuzin (1 years old)
was loving CLIMBING UP THE STAIRS...going outside...and picking these leaves off a plant. We had all kinds of toys, balls, tv...and she wanted to do the SIMPLE things that life had to offer (well somewhat for stairs)
its interesting to see kids, and know what they want and like is REAL...and our's isnt

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join