It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP IMPACT: A stream of WH health care visits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

AP IMPACT: A stream of WH health care visits

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's top aides met frequently with lobbyists and health care industry heavyweights as his administration pieced together a national health care overhaul, according to White House visitor records obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.

The records disclose visits by a broad cross-section of the people most involved in the health care debate, weighted heavily toward those who want to overhaul the system.

The list includes George Halvorson, chairman and CEO of Kaiser Health Plans; Scott Serota, president and CEO of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Assoc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Obviously this concerns me because of the people involved and the health care issue.

This is my first time starting a tread,so I may be a little hasty in wanting it out there before someone else posts-lol.

Whenever people visit the WH and sign in,we might not know who to associate these names with,researching each one can be tedious and I don't always have the time,but I did fing this enlightening.

Here is a link to the Visitor Records.

www.whitehouse.gov...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This screams follow the money trail!!! Looks like big O is gonna get this reform one way or another and in order to get it passed the big boys with all the money are gonna make sure they all continue to get greased real good with other peoples money.

Think people should look at the article and share with friends who dont realize how dirty "poli-tics" (many-bloodsuckers) works.

I do think something needs to be changed to make healthcare and insurance less costly , but to just cram something through so fast before it can be digested by we the people is shady.

I am pasting a few of the big red flags raised in my eyes. Notice Rahm Emanuels brother is involved and this guy just creeps me out.

Red flags to me:

- Billy Tauzin, head of PhRMA, the drug industry lobby

- Joel Johnson, a lobbyist with close ties to Rahm Emanuel, appears to have met with his friend one-on-one in May, according to the logs. Johnson, a partner at the Glover Park Group, lobbies for several health interests including United Healthcare Services Inc. and Kinetic Concepts Inc., a medical products maker.

-Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, a health care ethicist, special White House adviser on health care and brother to Rahm Emanuel, met in late March with lobbyists and executives from the pharmaceutical giant Merck & Co.

-Joel Johnson, a lobbyist with close ties to Rahm Emanuel, appears to have met with his friend one-on-one in May, according to the logs. Johnson, a partner at the Glover Park Group, lobbies for several health interests including United Healthcare Services Inc. and Kinetic Concepts Inc., a medical products maker

Of course not to be left out looks like big O wants to see doctors get some more more money too , guess they cant be left too far behind the poor bankers in pay scale.

-White House officials met repeatedly with the American Medical Association, which has pushed hard — over the objections of some physicians — for the health overhaul and a corresponding pay hike for doctors

join