It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you can get swine flu twice source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

doctor got the virus two times wonder what u guys think of this.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is a in fact true, as I know first hand. I had tested positive H1N1 in mid September. Upon finishing my Tamiflu I was good for a few weeks & started to feel sick again! The same signs, same symptoms etc.. I made an appointment. with my Dr. & was once again tested for H1N1 for the second time and it came back positive. Once again I was put on Tamiflu which had no effect on me & I was finally admitted to the Mayo Clinic. I was at the point where I didn't care if I lived or died, as I have NEVER been so sick in my life. The Clinic Dr.'s told my family that I might not make it, as this was kept from me. My lungs were shot, my immune system shot & I had basically no life left in me. After being at the Clinic I did come around. I had asked the Dr.'s how it was possible that I got the flu twice & their response was "there are different strands". I have not been the same sine then, as it has surfaced many other health problems for me. I am still under the care of several Dr.'s & being watched very closely. I can tell you, the second time getting this virus is MUCH worse & now my son & I have been vaccinated. I am so worried that I will get it for a third time because my immune system is SHOT.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think it's quite simple, to be honest.

My husband and I both had it (quite badly) in late April.

I've had what seems a minor bout of it this fall- only it was a GI bug, rather than respiratory. It's obvious we're seeing mutations in the virus- else we would have it only once.

Be prepared this winter, as the new mutations- whether the D225G, or any of the some 10 mutations reported from Sao Paolo, etc., will not just stay tucked int eastern Europe or South America- each mutation results in the flu manifesting as H1N1.....sort of.

I think the good news is that we ought to have less severe cases if we've had the flu in some cases. In others- for example if H5N1 and H1N1 re-assort during the Haj this month, and the pilgrims return home, each carrying it, or ill with it, we've a very big problem. Avian flu is NOT transmitted via aerosol, and H1N1 is, and HOW- it's HIGHLY contagious. Avian flu tends to kill between 50 and 80% of those infected with it- so if it becomes re-assorted with H1N1 and is spread in the same manner, we will see a Medieval Europe-type scenario.
Get lots of sleep, avoid crowds (haven't been to a club in a year!); do your grocery shopping at night, when no one is present; carry Lysol, etc., and wash down non-porous items; become friendly with soap and water, not just sanitizer ( and avoid antibacterial soaps- they contain Triclosan, which degrades to dioxin as you use it- one of the most insipid pollutants on earth); don't drink out of bar glasses- order a beer and open it yourself; research Slippery Elm, Rhodiola Rosea and Q10- all of which I use to boost my immune response (and I have a condition that compromises it). Stay out of hospitals, house parties, etc. No matter how young and vibrant we may all be, give this year a miss- staying alive is far more dear than wearing a new dress to the office's Holiday Party! It's a drag, but rent a good movie, have a glass of wine and let the storm clouds pass. BUT- make sure you have bottled water and easily-prepared food that doesn't need a microwave or oven, close at hand. Get your medications filled. Check on your family. And prepare yourself, because if lungs start melting in the US, bid au revoir to your Constitutional rights! Take this time now to prepare yourself!

Wishing (of course) that we are "passed over" and make it through he winter in safety. Peace and wellness to you,
C

join