It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why fear a one world government???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Imagine this on a global scale...

Oh-oh! Politicians share personality traits with serial killers: Study

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Here's the Wikipedia listing of Hare's indicators (does this remind you of any politicians you've seen recently?)

Factor1: Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness/superficial charm
2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
3. Pathological lying
4. Cunning/manipulative
5. Lack of remorse or guilt
6. Shallow
7. Callous/lack of empathy
8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor2: Socially deviant lifestyle

1. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
2. Parasitic lifestyle
3. Poor behavioral control
4. Promiscuous sexual behavior
5. Lack of realistic, long-term goals
6. Impulsivity
7. Irresponsibility
8. Juvenile delinquency
9. Early behavior problems
10. Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor

1. Many short-term marital relationships
2. Criminal versatility

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The OP's query is unspecified other than the word "fear" so is speculative. The query cannot be answered.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
With one-world government there are no borders; they can tell you where to move you and your family (sub-Sahara Africa perhaps?).

With one-world government, all people “must be equal” – if you have money in the bank, fork it over so that it can be distributed to others in the world who have nothing.

Your job? Well, you’ll only be working 20 hours a week from now on so that someone who’s unemployed can also have 20 hours of work (not that they’ll do a good job and you’ll end up carrying their load when you work your hours).

Your possessions? Why should you have three pairs of shoes when there are shoeless in the world? Please hand over all of your sandals, shoes, and sneakers – you may keep one pair.

Your food? Well there are millions of starving people; we can’t use fertilizers because they’re bad for the environment and we can’t use GMO food so you’ll have to raise your own (in sub-Sahara Africa that is).

And your leader? Robert Mugabe of course (after he’s stabbed Obama in the back).

Anyone who thinks that One-World Government is a good thing isn’t thinking clearly.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by bowlbyville]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DChenO

Oh-oh! Politicians share personality traits with serial killers
Politicians are seriel killers

They havn't changed a bit.

Short answer= a one NWO will be put in place by tyrants for tyrants.
Did you notice them? The ones who sit and watch as the politician does
their bidding for them? Most likely Rockefellers ancestors. Or take your pick.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruzzyxWith corruption at the highest levels of every single government in this world...

What makes you think that a 1 world government will be any different????

That's it! For those opposed:
Governments, whether local, statewide, national, international... OR global, are just gonna be corrupt. You're already living under a corrupt government, because that's the nature of politics and economics sometimes. The people who don't want it are being pessimistic.

Also, the direction of governance naturally expands as the world gains more consciousness of itself on Earth. From the village community to the rise of nations, to the rise of world governance. It doesn't have to be that bad, although the first attempt at it might be.

Nations will still have their own governments. 1 world governance on TOP of that is a step forward that will inevitably have to be made, unless we destroy ourselves before we get to do that.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm all for the planet being united, let me say that first. However, what a "NWO" means to me is the "Old World Government" having control over everything and not just a little of this and that. If we are talking about that kind of "NWO" then there is much to fear, because people can't even understand how they are already being duped by the system they so faithfully follow now, how much worse could things get if they got the whole planet? On the flip side, if we are talking everyone else wanting a one society group, named planet earth, I'm all for that like I said, but it has to be comissioned by the people for the people(meaning somehow most of the people on earth agree upon these basic rights and thats it) and by no means could the people that are in power now be any where near constructing that future or can anyone else who wants to keep that type of life style...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Honetly, have people really lost enough faith in humanity that they believe that people will stand by and watch as their neighbors, friends, and families are killed by NWO? Again, these are "elitists" for a reason. They are the elite... an EXTREMELY small percentage of the population. No world government would ever be capable of carrying out their plans. If their is a NWO, they will not be out in the open, nor will they ever come out in the open. It would be suicide on their part.

Their problem, as it has been forever, is that they always fail to estimate the power of human spirit and unity. Their plans may cause harm to many people, but the real purpose of their agenda, whatever it may be, will NEVER succeed! Don't think a NWO, think like a human being. They want to kill us for a reason, because WE are their BIGGEST threat. Even if we don't consciously know it, one of the many things that we have in common with everybody in the entire world, except for them, is that we oppose them. We have always opposed them, and will always oppose them, forever, even if we don't realize it. Honestly, if the NWO is as big and bad as everyone here claims they are, would anybody consciously submit to them? Never!

Don't ever forget, they fear us more than we fear them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
Honestly, have people really lost enough faith in humanity that they believe that people will stand by and watch as their neighbors, friends, and families are killed by NWO?

But...and it's a big but...isn't that what happened in Nazi Germany?

When soldiers with automatic weapons come to your neighbor's house and march them off to "who knows where" you'll just be thankful that they didn't come for you...if one of your other neighbors happen to object and they're shot, again, you'll be thankful that they didn't come for you...and you'll be very quiet.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
In reply to Monts
While I essentially agree with your vision of global government I must firmly oppose some implications of this statement:

Ironically, I was just thinking about starting a thread about this subject... far too many people have been misinformed about what a world government is.

Legitimate drive for global cooperation was hijacked by group of criminals. Plan, which is evolving now, leads to very different world than you envisioned.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville

Originally posted by Monts
Honestly, have people really lost enough faith in humanity that they believe that people will stand by and watch as their neighbors, friends, and families are killed by NWO?

But...and it's a big but...isn't that what happened in Nazi Germany?

When soldiers with automatic weapons come to your neighbor's house and march them off to "who knows where" you'll just be thankful that they didn't come for you...if one of your other neighbors happen to object and they're shot, again, you'll be thankful that they didn't come for you...and you'll be very quiet.

Yes, you are absolutely right in the fact that the German people stood by, let, and even supported the atrocities the Nazi's commited. But never forget the context. Germany was in the midst of possibly the greatest modern economic depression in the history of the modern world, and on top of that, they were totally blamed and being made pay for a war that was not entirely their fault. Adolph Hitler promised the German people he would rebuild their broken country, and he did. Unfortunately, he happend to be a very twisted man with sick ideas and values.

Also, our era right now is called the post-modern era for a reason. The modern Era ended in world war 2, because humanity came to such a low point that there was no way it could ever go back. So much knowledge about the body, the mind, and everything in general were gained from the nazi's and their horrific experiments. Believe it not, a lot of what modern medicine has accomplished is due to the Nazi's. I really, honestly don't believe in world that is so interconnected that people would be able to let this happen. In the 30's, telephones were barely a common object, and people in Germany had no way of communicating with anyone outside their country, except by travel. Nazi's aren't the only ones to blame though, numerous leaders stood back and watched, and even tried to appease Hitler. This doesn't happen today; regimes were people are ruthlessthly slaughtered exist, but no one supports them, and most countries vocally denounce them. Unfortunately they don't act though, but that is for political and economic reasons.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad
In reply to Monts
While I essentially agree with your vision of global government I must firmly oppose some implications of this statement:

Ironically, I was just thinking about starting a thread about this subject... far too many people have been misinformed about what a world government is.

Legitimate drive for global cooperation was hijacked by group of criminals. Plan, which is evolving now, leads to very different world than you envisioned.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by zeddissad]

Yes, your right, it is probably hijacked by a group of criminals now, but you are missing the point. I am implying a future where there is no NWO, which although may seem far-fetched some, I believe will happen. That is why their measures are gettting more and more far-fetched; they realise their window frame for controlling us is getting smaller and smaller, and their probability of succeding is very close to 0.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Men have always had dominion over men.

The only thing that matters is who seizes power first and how much they abuse it as compared to the last chump exercising his iron fist. It continues on in this manner until man loses his humble abode - earth.

There is nothing we as humans can do that will make our fellow humans give up their oppressive and power-hungry ways. That is the way it began and so shall it end.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Just a fleeting thought on the subject of one world government....

Consider the United States as an experiment, and ask yourself if it has been a success of a failure, overall. No other nation is such a heterogeneous blend of nationalities, races, and cultures...we've prided ourselves on that at various points of our history, yet has this blending and coexisting really worked?

Sure, some things in this experiment succeeded, but others ultimately, at least up to this point in our history, did not.

We never really licked the race thing, did we? In fact it seems to be getting worse. We started our infancy by virtually annihilating one race, and then had a pretty easy go of it when those who came here to join us were still of a relatively homogeneous nature. These early immigrants retained their pride in their roots and cultures but adapted well to the language and the customs.

But later waves resisted more and more and began clinging more to their roots and cultures while still enjoying the freedoms we enjoyed and they came to expect here. And the most recent immigrants have become even more demanding...resistant to learning the language and even insistent on our pandering to theirs. For one reason or another, people started resisting adaptation, almost as if they wanted the benefits of being in a country such as this for what it could give them but were rejecting it as a whole. There's a definite pattern here if you look and think about it.

Other things in this experiment don't appear to be working or sustaining so well either. The citizens of the United Stated are now almost totally unrepresented by its government. Where we should now have at minimum have perhaps 5 or 6 political parties to adequately represent the diversity of people and beliefs in this nirvanic land of freedom, we have shriveled down to basically one. Far more homogeneous democratic nations have far more parties to represent their people. Why is that?

Also, at this point in it's life, the United States appears to be a polarized mess with it people sliced and diced and divided in so many ways and on so many levels...racial, religious, and economic to name a few. Freedom from religion has turned into a breeding ground for discontent, hatred, and distrust. One religion seems to be winning over all others, and god help you if you're an atheist.

Maybe the experiment will still succeed. The jury's really still out on that. The experiment is certainly being manipulated on its weakness, and so much of the polarization seems to be by design. The people are feeling weaker and weaker, less in control of their fates and destinies with each passing decade, seeing less opportunity,less freedom, less hope, and that's polarizing them even more as they grasp at straws and look to the very things that are polarizing them for excuses and to blame.

Sure, I'd like to teach the world to sing like in a Coca-Cola commercial. I'd love nothing more than for everyone to get along. But nations evolved because of some fundamental needs in humans. Some of those have also evolved with the advent of travel and communications, but some never will. Some people will be ready for it on a spiritual or mental level and some never will. What happens to the ones who don't get there? Do we force them to blend? Ostracized them (or worse) if they don't? Re-educate them? And what do we wind up with if we do?

Now. How do you think this is going to work on a global level?

One day it may be time for a one world government. I fully believe that humans will naturally evolve to that in time. People will blend and intermarry and travel with less restriction, race will become less of an issue, as will borders. There may even be some threats we face as humanity as a whole that may expedite the need to unite.

The positives about this must be nurtured and instilled in our children. But this will take time for it to "stick." Some are ready for it and are impatient for it, but many more are not. It certainly can't be forced before its time without some pretty horrific consequences and sacrifices, maybe even the loss of what makes us human to begin with.

And it cannot be allowed to be foisted on us by those with their own agendas, to their own ends, to manipulate and enslave us either.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Personally, I'm not a good fan of the kind of politics and government that we have right now. I don't think a minority of people should decide for the majority. That's not democratic.

Like Monts said, a world government is inevitable, but before having one, let's define what a government should be. We all know how the current system is unfair and primitive. This could be an opportunity to rethink things like the economy, politics, money.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I don't fear a 'one-world government' - provided it is dominated by "Colossus: The Forbin Project".

As Colossus says in the 1970 movie (with it's marvelously mechanical voice):
"This is the voice of world control. I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death. The choice is yours: Obey me and live, or disobey and die."
- and -
"We can coexist, but only on my terms. You will say you lose your freedom, freedom is an illusion. All you lose is the emotion of pride. To be dominated by me is not as bad for human pride as to be dominated by others of your species."

Humans have proved many times over, to be in-adequate instruments of governing, due to their inherent greed's. Replace them with a world-governing super-computer.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well I think it should be one world, but run by the people....smaller, more local organization......no more of this dictate from the top crap...

More like, Town X needs a new road, people of town X only, vote on it, and who is best for said project, get project done...

Town L has a criminal problem, aqll people of town L decide what to do about it, take a vote, done...

World goverment should be just for sharing infor of solutions etc, places like town X & L have come up with, so others can use or discard info....

World government has no power or controll of anything but distributing info, financials stay LOCAL, LOCAL banks only, no provincial, country, or union huge banks etc at all.....

I dunno, if the Bible has any merit, they will fail within 7 years and get it right the next time anyways.....

I would rather know there was some final hope in 7 years, than keep waiting for the SHTF for longer....most of the BS 7 years is supposed to seem peaceful anyways isn't it?

again, JUST thinking out loud......

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Taxes these days:

Town / City
State
Federal

Taxes with a global?

Town / City
State
Federal
Global

And who will be the opposition of a global government to keep it all in check? Nope. Won't work. People cannot even keep the division, violence and prejudice in check at the city level with the checks and balances that exist already.

Leave my damn money alone you scat loving globalists. Drop dead from hemophilia already you inbreeding motherhuggers... Enough! We've had enough meddling, enough fraud from those same proponents. ENOUGH. Don't tread on me.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Why fear one world government?

Because one united system is easier to corrupt than a chaotic mess of many different quarreling systems.

One needs only to look towards biology to see how true this is.
It has been found, that monocultures are more susceptible to diseases, as the vectors only have to adapt to one plant, and can spread easily in a closed area.
While it is true, that it is easier to develop pesticides for monocultures, it is also true, that only one pest needs to develop immunity -allowing it to gain the upper hand again. Monoculture enhances this risk because they are constantly used and bugs and viruses become resistant to them.
more on genetic diversity & disease control

Thus, the one thing we can all agree on is that in order to prosper, this world just needs a bit more dischord.
Hail Eris!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truzzyx

With corruption at the highest levels of every single government in this world...

What makes you think that a 1 world government will be any different????

That's the crux though isn't it - would you want one corrupt government trying to control EVERY SINGLE HUMAN on the planet or many different corrupt governments?

Divided we are weak, as one people fighting one entity we have much more chance. IMO, of course!

Having said that, if a one world government was achieved through just means, it would be infinitely preferable to one achieved through covert, shady backroom deals. What scares me about the coming one world government is that if it is so right for us, why make it such a clandestine movement?

Good post OP!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Dookzor]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Why fear a one world government???

I don't know that I actually fear it but I am certain that it wouldn't be good for us right here and now.

One government:

*Where do you go to escape any repression? Only one place and you are stuck there.

*There's no reason to improve the current condition if there is no other options for the people to choose from. Kind of like competition in the free market... when there is only one source for any given product or service, there is no incentive to lower prices, improve the product or offer good service.

*Most people don't want it and if it is shoved down their throats, there will never be any peace with it. That's just human nature.

If we survive as a race, then someday we might evolve socially into a single people. We will arrive at this of due course and want it. Anything short of that is a shotgun wedding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join