It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEOTWAWKI - meet you at the station?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Okay before I get into the eggnog or wine punch I thought I better post my wild question to ATS now so I can honestly say “no” when I am asked, “Are you drunk?”

After reading about all the catastrophic predictions of doom and destruction that is supposed to head our way and TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it); a weird idea came o mind.

What would ATSers do if our government started shuttling people that “volunteered” to go, to other planets or moons?

This has been a common scenario in many Sci-fi movies and books so we have plenty of primers though of course as far as we know they are all works of fiction.

Would you sign on and go? What is the best that you think we can hope for?

Forgive me. I forgot. We are talking doom and gloom here so I guess I should include the question what is the worse we could hope for.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

That all depends on what type of living conditions we would be subject to. I for one love nature, and the smell of the rain too much to leave this planet for the stark environment of a space ship. But, if it was like Starship Enterprise, and we had holodecks and such, combined with some hot chicks in jumpsuits.... hmmmm perhaps I would boldly go

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OMG!!!!! Are you drunk?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Me and a good friend were just discussing a similar question last night.
If it was the government for me NO! I don't trust them.

My friend ask if the aliens ask would I go and I said yes if they beemed or whatever into my apartment and said there was some disaster coming, good or bad alien I would go, why not.

Am I drunk?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

You would not be on the space ship forever and I am sure that the beginning settlements would be a bit stark. Of course a lot of hard work would probably be involved so I don't think it would be a picnic in the park.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Not yet but I don't make any promises for tomorrow.

I don't know who I trust the least. The government has definitelyn eroded the trust of the American people but Aliens have no truly known track record so I would have to say maybe the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpiritoftheNightSky

That is true but I would be impressed by their ability to beam into my pad, you know.
Also flattered if they did.
Like why in the world do you want me?

PS: Drunk yet?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Waiting for tomorrow.

Unless they looked like Keneau Reeves I don't know if I want them showing up in my bedroom uninvited. I think that puts our relationship on shaky ground right off the bat.

Anyone or anything that thinks it has sovereignty over me without my say is definitely my enemy. And coming and going from my house without permission is not a good way to start a relationship.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
no thanks ... swore long ago never again to go on any government sponsored tours... theyre hazardous to your health...

top topics

join