It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge blasts bad bank, erases 525G debt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

We're just going to have to agree to disagree with this particular case. As for suggestions on how to fix it...I don't want to hijack this post. But I will say I do share your sentiment that "we the people" to get stepped on by politicians and law makers on a regular basis. I also think our two party system is broken beyond repair. The system needs to change and it starts by finding a way for the majority of the citizens of this country to be TRULY represented by the people in office.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
As far as i'm concerned, any contract that is intentionally confusing in order to take advantage of those with less education, should be null and void.

From the OP article:

Yano-Horoski, a college professor of English and cognitive reason

Seems like he was well educated to me.

I do agree that contracts can be confusing, but it is the law makers job to correct that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
We're just going to have to agree to disagree with this particular case.

Yeah. I do understand where you're coming from as far as personal responsibility, however when the contract is intentionally convoluted with lawyer speak in order to basically trick average people into a loan that they don't really understand, and is above their means. I just can't back the validity of the contract. IMO, it's a double standard to demand honesty from the people who were basically lured and tricked into a contract with the devil, when those who are selling the loans use dishonest means to get a signature.

Other than that, i'm glad to see that you recognize our country is severely broken and needs fixed. The more of us that realize what's really going on, the better chance we have to right the wrongs.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Seems like he was well educated to me.

Yeah, if only the contracts were written in english...

I do agree that contracts can be confusing, but it is the law makers job to correct that.

As has already been stated, the law makers will do no such thing if it in any way negatively affects the profits of their corporate masters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join