It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short conversation between a human and alien!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A human tries to explain to an extra terrestrial (with similar religious beliefs) the rules of this world. The following insues:

So human, how much is a house on this world?
Well houses can be anywhere from 500 dollars to billions!
That's ludacris! How is there such a range of prices aren't all houses the same?
Well, no not really, here you work for a living, and depending on how much money you make determines the size of your house.
But what about the people who are to sick or old to work?
Well uh, hopefully their benefits from all there hard work cover the cost of living.
And if they don't? You all work together to make sure they can survive right?
Well no it doesn't work like that see..
What?! Ok so I get it it's kind of like every man for himself right? I think we have animals on my planet that live in this manner, we call them cave dwellers. So tell me human, how much money did your house cost?
Well ny house was 200,000$, but I also pay taxes
Taxes? What's that?
Well taxes is the money that the government collects from our paychecks
Government? Taxes? Slow down your going way to fast. So let me get this straight, some guy government thinks it's alright to just come and take some of your money?
No no it's not like that, you see I give it to government
Why would you do that? I thought it's Everyman for himeself this is your hard earned money!
Well they use the money to build streets, schools, and other necessities.. I think.
Why don't humans work together to build these things?
Well that's what we have government for. Our government also makes laws like how we should drive, and who comes and goes from the country.
Wait you mean you aren't allowed to go wherever you'd like?
Well not not really you need this thing called a passport to go to another country.
Ohh I see so the government owns the countries right?
No no your misunderstanding they just control who comes and gos 
That doesn't make any sense! How can they tell you your not allowed.. Ohh
Because of laws right? Who told them they could make the laws? It had to have been God right? 
At this point the human realizes how 
Bassackwards his planet is and decides to go back to the aliens planet with him forever the end.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you are able to find it still in print, I suggest reading a book called Love and Wu Li. The entire work is a conversation between a human and a hivemind transdimensional/transtemporal "other". Fascinating read. I wish i still had a copy, but alas, I passed it on, as I do most really good books that I read.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
souns very interesting ill have to check it out thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

by the way, sgrrsh, I didn't mean to imply that your hypothetical dialogue wasn't up to snuff, I was just suggesting a similar works in print. I think you bring up some fine points, and I wonder sometimes if ETs might find us very peculiar in the manner in which we exchange monetary value and in the process injure each other.

I don't know if ETs exist -- I believe they do, although I prefer to think of "them" as nonhuman. For all we know (or not) they were here first and live in the ocean depths.

Either way, good effort. I look forward to your future threads!

new topics

top topics

join