It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The somewhat impossible question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A lot of people here say that aliens are mostly reptilian, but is space a really cold place for them? How can they withstand very cold temperatures if they are reptilian? I know the reptiles are cold-blooded, but this is just mind numbing that members here in ATS claim that aliens are mostly reptilian. Is this why they try to come to earth because its a warm cozy place where they can secretly raise there offspring
. I just wanna know what you guys think.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Is our sun the only hot place in the galaxy?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by diccolo

Good point, but still why would they come to earth out of all other planets that are possibly warmer?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
here is the REAL question;

Why would a species of beings from another planet/system, have biology similar to an earthlings biology? from a sheer mathematical standpoint, aliens are likely to have as much in common with reptiles as even a block of cheese for that matter.

reptiles EVOLVED into what they are over millions of years because of VERY SPECIFIC factors here on EARTH.

are most planets like earth? No, not at all. we know of MILLIONS of planets yet we have not found ONE that is like earth in any way besides the round shape.

-------------------

to make an assumption that "possible biology" is the same from planet to planet is not helpful and NOWHERE near accurate, there for; anyone who makes references to reptilians from other planets automatically loses ten respect points in my book.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is this actualy a serious thread or are you joking?

Everyone knows reptilian ships, from the smallest merchant vessels to the largest Imperial Warships redirects some of its propulsion into their ionic mass to heat converters and then spreads the heat out through the ship. This is why everyone always says reptilian ships are the slowest... some of their propulsion is used for heat.

You really should try and research this stuff yourself before posting questions.
This information is easily available through-out the net.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by VonDoomen]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by diccolo
Is our sun the only hot place in the galaxy?

Holy crap Diccolo.. I read your post and heard it as Nicholas Cage-like your avatar was saying it (presuming thats Cage..) Anyway, I about spit soda all over my laptop, pure genius.

With that in mind: Where are the Mario Brothers when you need them?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

While yes, you would think that exo-planet biology would be strikingly different.
It could also be the case that carbon based life has very similiar mechanism.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

There are salamanders which can survive being frozen at something like minus forty celcius , and then thaw out to stride the frozen wastes of *siberia* ... doesnt follow that something with cold blood needs a warm climate. Like the salamander they may have long hibernation cycles.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Theres so much talk of alien lizards and such, But I have yet to see any physical evidence. Perhaps if a picture or a video of these giant lizards were to pop up I might reconsider having a look into this matter, But as it stands, I still think alien lizards are a bunch of BS.

[edit on 21-12-2012 by Ghost in the Machine]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Ghost in the Machine]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

Here's a theory... The dinosaurs built spaceships and said "Holla atcha"

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Truzzyx

i suppose they just built a spaceship to avoid the meteor shower.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

There are salamanders which can survive being frozen at something like minus forty celcius , and then thaw out to stride the frozen wastes of *siberia* ... doesnt follow that something with cold blood needs a warm climate. Like the salamander they may have long hibernation cycles.

Salamanders are amphibians, not lizards. Not sure why that matters when we're talking about aliens, but everything in here is speculation anyway, so.

I love how there's yet to be any proof of life elsewhere in the universe, and yet there's already people who know about a certain species' ships and rambles it off as if it's common knowledge. "The sky is blue. And oh yeah, reptilian warships move slower because they divert thrust to electric baseboard heaters throughout the ship. Duh."

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If they have the technology & intelligence to master long-distance space travel and enslave the entire human race as a bonus, I'm pretty sure that keeping themselves warm would not be an issue !

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

I couldn't of said it any better myself. How does one have such knowledge of space travel when hes stuck here posting on ATS

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
A lot of people here say that aliens are mostly reptilian, but is space a really cold place for them? How can they withstand very cold temperatures if they are reptilian? I know the reptiles are cold-blooded, but this is just mind numbing that members here in ATS claim that aliens are mostly reptilian. Is this why they try to come to earth because its a warm cozy place where they can secretly raise there offspring
. I just wanna know what you guys think.

Who ever said that most aliens are reptilian? How does being cold-blooded relate to space travel? Humans are warm-blooded mammals but we aren't uniquely adapted to survive in space. We wear space suits that regulate temperature and pressure, and they provide us with air. The same goes for our manned spacecraft. With all due respect, it's laughable that you would insult this nameless "majority" of people by arguing that the temperature of space would discourage an intelligent reptile from a building a temperature-controlled spaceship.

By the same logic, one could argue the "absurdity" of human beings traveling underwater when they lack gills. we have to use submarines because we cannot breath underwater. If there were reptilian aliens who travel in space, they're probably controlling the temperature on their ships.

Why would they come to Earth? Well, why did Earth send people to the moon. There's no atmosphere there and it's freezing cold. The same logic applies to the South Pole - why send people there when its completely inhospitable?

The fact that the Earth has breathable air and is just the right distance from the sun to prevent it from being too cold or too hot to support life may be significant. The fact that the Earth has a em field that shields its residents from interstellar radiation is significant as well.

Finally, your argument that reptilian aliens would hate Earth is harmed by the fact that reptiles thrive all over the planet. I think you need to get yourself an education because your deductive reasoning skills are severely lacking. This may sound shocking to you but I live in Michigan all year long and the winters are especially cold. Luckily, we bought ourselves some of the latest survival technology, such as jackets, hats, gloves, heated homes, and heated automobiles. In addition, since it is impossible to plant crops during the winter, we purchase fresh food at these new things called "supermarkets."

I am neither asserting nor denying the existence of reptilian aliens visiting or not visiting Earth. All I am pointing out is that your attempt to "debunk" the mere POSSIBILITY of this occurrence is a complete failure. None of your arguments hold any water whatsoever and a small child could rebut them simply by pointing to his warm house. Even a 4yo understands that astronauts wear spacesuits rather than swimming around in a freezing cold vacuum in a pair of jeans.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The funny thing about reptillian aliens is they might not be reptillian at all.To us they may look reptillian but they may be totaly different to the reptillians we come to know.Does not matter what colour a alien is or what type of gas they breath.If they are cold blooded they may have heaters to keep them warm.Do you see the gray aliens complaining about the cold.No.Do reptillians drink human blood,anyones guess.

top topics

join