It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copenhagen Conference - Dec. 7-18, 2009

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
4 days to COP15 - Update.

Danish hospitals have announced that they are NOT raising the level of emergency, due too earlier experience.
In other words - danish hospitals are not expecting more victims than normal.

In danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet (100.000 readers) an article police shows the temporary cells for foreign criminals during COP 15

here is a link to the article in danish:

ekstrabladet.dk...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted but didn't see it anywhere and it's fairly recent..

www.guardian.co.uk...

"Copenhagen climate change talks must fail, says top scientist" - The GUARDIAN

Brief extract - The scientist who convinced the world to take notice of the looming danger of global warming says it would be better for the planet and for future generations if next week's Copenhagen climate change summit ended in collapse.
James Hansen talks to Suzanne Goldenberg Link to this audio

In an interview with the Guardian, James Hansen, the world's pre-eminent climate scientist, said any agreement likely to emerge from the negotiations would be so deeply flawed that it would be better to start again from scratch.

Interesting article worth a read

Regards

berth

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

In an interview with the Guardian, James Hansen, the world's pre-eminent climate scientist, said any agreement likely to emerge from the negotiations would be so deeply flawed that it would be better to start again from scratch.

That would be a good idea. And this time maybe not change the numbers an change the research to suit your handlers needs and show the "true" results.
Personally, I think man may play a very small part and not fully to blame as some would have the world believe in whats happening, but take in the big picture, you've got volcanos going off all over the world at different times, the Sun their's plenty of things that happen naturally that effect us.
But sadly I think were on a predetermined road and the end result's gonna be shoved down our throats weather(excuse the sp
) we like or not.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Police storm activist bunker in Denmark prior to the COP15

I have translated this article which is found on a left-wing webpage.

"The police stormed this morning a warehouse at city area "Teglholmen" in Copenhagen and put 15-20 climate activists in handcuffs. Police spokesman Flemming Steen Munch, apologize.

Climate activists were early Friday, 4 December detained and handcuffed in a warehouse at Teglholmen.

The police believed that the persons is living illegally in the building, but the activists could produce a lease that showed the opposite, writes Berlingske.dk (danish newspaper)

Police took action, even though activists from the Climate Justice Action has had a dialogue, including on the building on Tejlholmen.

- Copenhagen Police is well aware that we are out there. So either they are very bad at communicating internally, or there is talk about harassment, "says Stine Gry Jonassen from the Climate Justice Actions press group to berlingske.dk.

She is unsure of what to expect from the police during the summit COP15.

- This leads me to doubt the dialogue we have had with the police and the agreements we've made, "says Stine Gry Jonassen.

Rene Karpantschof tells Modkraft.dk that the incident suggests that the Copenhagen Police prepare the zero tolerance policy at the summit.

- It seems that activists can expect to be preventively detained in a big way after the principle of 'shoot first and ask questions later, "he said.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Persons arrested for suspected terrorplans at COP15

Danish media writes that some people with arabian background have been arrested by danish police today, for terrorplans , propably towards COP15

Link to danish article here:

ekstrabladet.dk...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Note: Sorry to have been absent. Had to re-install my comp due to malware infection. Talk about nasty human conditions; there should be a discussion about online hazards at the Cop15 conference.

Thanks, everyone for keeping this thread fairly active over the last week or so.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

My pleasure

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I think the bend over moment is fast approaching. Here's an up date news.yahoo.com...
I'm gonna throw in a couple clips.
COPENHAGEN – Wealthy nations would commit to drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the next decade, and the world should strive to nearly eliminate them — or at least cut them in half — by 2050 under a draft agreement circulated Friday at the U.N. climate talks.

But there is some humor. We have a pot calling the kettle black moment:

In his blunt remarks, China's Vice Foreign Minister He Yafei said he was "shocked" by U.S. climate envoy Todd Stern's comments that Beijing shouldn't expect any American climate aid money.

"I don't want to say the gentleman is ignorant," He told reporters. "I think he lacks common sense where he made such a comment vis a vis funds for China. Either lack of common sense or extremely irresponsible."

In China's view, the U.S. and other rich countries have a heavy historical responsibility to cut emissions and any climate deal should take into account a country's development level.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
COP-15 protests off to a cautious start

Protesters and police both say they are satisfied at the end of a day with 74 arrests and one broken window. »A surprisingly small demonstration showed good fighting spirit,« says expert.

Friday´s »Don’t Buy The Lie«-protest enden in a day long demonstration that turned the capital into an inferno of noise, police barricades and a massive media mobilization.

read the rest of the article here (left wing newspaper):
modkraft.dk...

Photo gallery at the end of the article:
modkraft.dk...

[edit on 12-12-2009 by AUM68]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I love the way you've put it... " the bend over moment". Absolutely perfect description, & so accurate too.

And isn't that just sooo typical of China, fastest developing nation on the planet, & always with the hand out!
( maybe why they took 200 delegates to the conference )

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Rearly I'we seen such a bad planed conferance as COP15.

Transportation:
Metro, DSB and DSB first has acted admirably.

Movia - you guys REALLY need to get you heads out of you arse.

1.: they moved the buss stop, but they did NOT move the buss times, as the busses usually leave from Bella Center every 5 min, from the new bus stop, they go every 10 min, and today not at all, no notice, info or nothing.

So today I had to pay a taxi fair to work, and the bill is going to Movia.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join