It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copenhagen Conference - Dec. 7-18, 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Read the quote again.

The link is to the EPA.

The quoted portion contained a statement by the EPA. It also contained an 'opinion' by the IPCC.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

The decline in global temps since the 60s is revealed by the perps themselves, in their own extensive records contantly referring the need to 'hide the decline'.

So I guess my source to show cooling global temps is the IPCC itself, lol~

I suggest you dig into the documents. Ive skimmed the surface and the few pages ive read are absolutely damming. Continuing to cling to what will surely come to be known as the greatest scientific fraud of all time may be a position youll want to rethink.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
would highly suggest moving the summit to Amsterdam.

party down for a week or so.

your wonderful earth saving conference is an EPIC fail.....

might as well have some fun...before being locked up or..........

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Please, show me something, ANYTHING, that I can look at and, after doing so, feel that rising sea levels and global mean temperatures are NOT rising.

I'm not interested in the foolishness of a few scientists, either pro or con. I'm interested in seeing facts.

No-one can dispute that, for instance, the preponderance of the worlds glaciers are melting faster than ever before, nor is there any proof that the Arctic isn't losing the Ice Cap.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

Amsterdam... I know the city well. I was born not far from there.

However...

Amsterdam WILL, if sea levels continue to rise, be at risk of damage from storm surges. Sucks to be Dutch when the country floods. I know, I saw that in 1953.

Edit - off by a year

[edit on 26/11/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Oh, look... the Canadian PM, Stephen Harper is going to the conference after all!

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Stephen Harper gave way to strong domestic pressure and a shifting international tide with the announcement he will travel to a global climate change summit next month in Copenhagen

www.thestar.com...

Amazingly the day after Obama said he'd go.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
think anybody would give a #.......

on topic.....anyone pissed about this summit?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer
on topic.....anyone pissed about this summit?

How is that on topic?

:shk:

I'm interested in the Conference because of what may come out of it. I'm also interested in why it's being held in the first place.

Is that OK with you?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

really think it will happen?

two line

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

really think it will happen?

What? The Conference? Yes, I think it will happen.

Or am I understanding you wrong?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

outcome?.....bend over and kiss your free ass goodbye

and your friends and family too....

research dammit.....good thing I dont live there

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

outcome?.....bend over and kiss your free ass goodbye

It's not the end of the world as I see it, it's the beginning of expensive problems. Shipping infrastructure, food production, etc.

and your friends and family too....

Nice... I'll be sure to tell everyone over the coming holidays.

research dammit.....good thing I dont live there

Is that a threat?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Im sorry but all the comments you posted are why this summit is being held where it is.

I care for you and yours...... this is global.

I cant imagine this summit being held in the US or other mad countries

peace to you and yes, spread the true message and outcome of this global travesty. please

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I cant imagine this summit being held in the US or other mad countries

Peace, huntergatherer.
I suspected you meant no harm to anyone. The issues are important, for sure, and it's going to cost us all a lot of cash, no doubt. Something not many of us can afford after the economic disaster we're still climbing out of.

I'd LOVE it if it were all to be proven a hoax. I'd rest easier knowing my kids and their kids will have a good life. Hell, I hope the next seven generations will have a good life.

Back on topic:

China's Prime Minister Wen Jiabao will be at the conference, so it's interesting what the State Council released today:

China announced plans Thursday to cut its carbon emissions by up to 45 percent as measured against its economic output – a target aimed at keeping its surging growth while still reining in pollution.

According to the State Council announcement, China pledges to cut carbon intensity – carbon dioxide emissions per unit of gross domestic product – by 40 to 45 percent by 2020, compared with 2005 levels

en.cop15.dk...

Sounds great... considering they're the worlds largest producer of greenhouse gasses.

On the other hand:

Despite setting a target on carbon emissions, China is not expected to accept an international treaty that sets a binding target for it.

OK

So, I guess that means they're willing to SAY they are commited to those reductions, however, they're not willing to sign on the dotted line. I guess that's fair, considering how some signed onto Kyoto and failed to meet the targets outlined.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

much more than a hoax....wish it was too...or like waking up from a bad dream.

this is global planet changing #....affecting, enslaving,starving, all but a mere handful of the worlds population.

control....they already have all the money they need.....not about us...they could care less.

we are the generation to stop this madness or submit to never ending lies and deceptions

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Today in danish radio I have heard, that patients, who have been under medical treatment with radioactive medicin (hope you understand) is receiving a letter that they will have to bring, when going around in Copenhagen during COP15.

The radioactive detectors placed by the police can go off, if a patient is comming near - and with the letter from the healtd department, thay can show the danish police, that they are not terrorists with a nuclear bomb

there is at the moment no links to danish newspapers regarding this...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AUM68
The radioactive detectors placed by the police can go off, if a patient is comming near - and with the letter from the healtd department, thay can show the danish police, that they are not terrorists with a nuclear bomb

Thanks for that bit of news, AUM68.

The action makes sense to me, not because they may be carrying a nuclear bomb of the kind that wipes out a city (Hiroshima), but a 'dirty bomb'.

What I mean is a standard explosive device (C4, dynamite, etc.) which contains radioactive elements of the kind used for medical purposes (X-rays etc.) or Geiger counters. Many of these substances have gone missing over the last 40 years and only until recently has it become an issue where there is a more stringent keeping of records. I know about this because I worked in the nuclear energy field for more than 30 years.

A bomb packed with radioactive isotopes and exploded in a city center can make the area uninhabitable for a really long time. The clean-up, with workers using hazmat suits and radiation detectors, can take years.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

thanks for the info.

On the roads leading to Bella Center, where COP 15 is going to be held, activists have have raised some art, for the world leaders when they arrive:

here is link to article with all pictures:

www.indymedia.dk...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
British climate activists would storm the COP15 on bicycles

British climate activists will build an "irresistible machine of resistance" made out of old bicycles, which will be included in a mass intrusion at the COP15 meeting in Bella Center, 16 December.

So it says in this article in danish (use google translator):
www.modkraft.dk...

There has been released a video to inspirate participants - you see it here:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Whether you fall on the side of climate change deniers or are in agreement with the science

I love when threads start off biased. Do you mean the science that the hacked scientists e-mails now prove was fudged?

Or do you mean the science that shows climate change happening 800 years before co2 rose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join