It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delusional - Pelosi: Americans Would Accept More Red Ink in Exchange for Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Pelosi is delusional. She thinks that everyone who isn't for inflating the deficit would suddenly be ok with it if we just create more jobs by spending more government money. Does she even understand economics? So creating a bunch of government jobs and infrastructure jobs is going to make everyone happy and reduce the deficit? Does't she understand that government and infrastructure jobs paid for by the taxpayer and borrowed money amounts to burning through tax dollars.

"The American people have an anger about the growth of the deficit because they're not getting anything for it. ... If somebody has the idea that the percentage of GDP of what our national debt is will go up a bit, but they will now -- and their neighbors and their children -- will have jobs, I think they could absorb that, and then we ride it out and bring money in," she said.

I think most Americans"have an anger" because people like her are bankrupting this country and now she wants to borrow more money and pay interest on that money to create jobs. Like they did such a great job creating jobs with the 700billion in stimulus money.

Source

[edit on 25-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
pelosi link

Thought I'd help out with a link.

Cutting the deficit by 2010? By spending more?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's not about the jobs.

Pelosi could care less.

It's about getting the votes in the next election.

After that they don't care if we're all out of work.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Thanks Seiko.

Yeah spend more borrowed money to create jobs that consume more tax dollars than they create.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's called Keynesian economics, and in theory, it works.

However, in practice its been hit or miss.

FDR did it masterfully in the 30's, and since then every single president has emulated that model, including Republicans. It's just the US's answer to economics issues. It always comes down to money being spent.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What would China think about her thinking?

First, they should cancel healthcare. It isn't going to go into effect until at least 5 years from now. Seems that they have been more preoccupied about healthcare than creating jobs. Healthcare can happen once economy is stable.

Relying only a stimulus for job creation was not the brightest way to improve the economy.

Second, wrap up the wars. Obama has already proven it isn't a necessary war.

Third, cut out all unproven defense systems. IMO, a company should have a workable prototype before government buys into it.

Finally, pass a balance budget amendment.

I think if the government shows more financial responsibility it will boost confidence and help create jobs.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Wouldn't it be wiser to give tax breaks/credits or government loans to build state of the art factories that could actually compete in a global market. Couldn't we identify certain products to manufacture that give the most bang for the buck.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I am sure that China will not be thrilled. It is kind of sad that the Chinese care more about our finances than our Liberal politicians seem to.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi- the most HATED woman in America.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

I'm not saying Keynesian economics is a good thing. It's good sometimes but not all the time. I'm just pointing out that that's the system American politicians use when they want to "fix" the economy.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Well thanks for pointing that out. I just think that we would get more bang for the buck by investing in strengthening our manufacturing base as opposed to black top some more roads. At least FDR built damns and some infrastructure that would strengthen our country and make things more cost effective.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Pelosi is insane. Who are the people who keep reelecting this psycho?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Pelosi is an idiot in my opinion. Quite a successful idiot, though. Her husband must surely do something that pleases her tremendously because she secured him a sweetheart deal when she engineered the raise in minimum wage. Note: his canning industry was exempt from having to pay the government minimum wage when it was raised. I think I got this factoid right. No doubt, if not, someone will correct any error I made. And I thank you for that in advance.

Of course, Miss Nancy, more red ink will save us all.

I've seen it work so very well for many different companies I advised as an accountant, and for so many families. NOT! Red ink? Cut back spending. Encourage entreprenuership. SP? I'm an accountant, not an English major.

I recall President Obama saying during his presidential campaign that "we all must give up a little skin" to fix this economic disaster. Well, federal government, give up some skin and let the rest of us keep some skin. You shouldn't be exempt from this, after all, it's us, the peoples' skin that will wear thinner and thinner, while the government skin keeps getting thicker and gaining greater underlying layers of fat.

Uh, crap. Lost my train of thought. Had to go get the dog off the road cuz she was barking at a horse. Oh, well. You get the gist of this I am sure.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey Sauce,as usual good work.At least no one can call you a racist for bashing pelosi lol.She is so out of touch it's not even funny.Something needs to be done about all these criminals.

top topics

join