It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they keeping you blinded also?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When buying something at the checkout lane the cashier always asks for your phone number. What for? What are they doing with this information?
They never state why they ask for it either. What if you dont want to give them it? Why dont they ask if you'd want to give them it in the first place? Anyone know anything I dont? I am blind on what is going on with this.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Uhh, I don't ever get asked for my phone number when I buy something at the checkout counter. Where do you buy stuff? That might help me out here. I haven't ran into those problems you've talked about.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

It's all over in the state of Michigan. Far as I can tell.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I did a quick google search. It doesn't look like it's a conspiracy theory. Apparently they just want to have your phone number so they can keep a record of your purchases (www.answerbag.com...). I hope that helps!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It happens here in Canada as well but they ask for the postal code which I refuse to give.
Its because they want to see who buys what and what area they live in.
Its something like that is what I was told...its just market research.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I just don't give them my information and they go about and finish my purchase because they still want my money.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The oly time I ever got it was in my Dominick's grocery to help me get my rewards and such

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure why people protect their information at the checkout counter and get angry over it; Meanwhile the internet just soaks up every single action that you make in a less obvious manner. Google gets more then your phone number. It's like complaining about a mosquito bite, while being torn apart by wolves.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
I'm not sure why people protect their information at the checkout counter and get angry over it; Meanwhile the internet just soaks up every single action that you make in a less obvious manner. Google gets more then your phone number. It's like complaining about a mosquito bite, while being torn apart by wolves.

jeebus...well said...you trumped me bad on that one :-p

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join