learn more

Retired carpenter has techniques to move Stonehenge and Pyramid-size blocks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

you apparently have no imagination, or ability to think outside of the box you've drawn for yourself. The possibilities are all out there, some have even been presented to you but you don't wish to see it because it doesn't fit your terms and view, so it's useless to try discussing it with you.

I don't think the video is supposed to be a tell all (tho I do remember there being a longer one of that guy which I'm currently searching for)but one would fairly believe that for many people, this would put a bit of a chink in their impenetrable armor of 'oh it had to be this way'. Go second guess yourself a bit, see what happens.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
fyi, here's the guy's website with more stuff he's done, movies, etc. looks like he sells a dvd as well. looking for the whole cross beam thing, but still finding some rather great stuff.

the block in the video? weight was 19,000 lbs and change, he has a video on his site of block #2 weighing in at 20,500 lbs

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by CoffinFeeder]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Ha- trust me my imagination runs wilder than you know... but nuff about me...

This old bastard claims he can build the Great Pyramid with this rediscovered technique of moving and supposedly lifting heaving blocks of stone.

Now as I acknowledged before, it certainly appears he's found one possible way that moving these stones could've been done. I'll give him that much, but don't go claiming now that you can suddenly construct the Great Pyramid...I mean come on...

Scholars, engineers, archaeologists, you name it have been trying to figure it out for centuries... now willy wonka comes along and claims he's found the answer because his dvd shows him moving stones around in circles across a wooden platform...

tell me why I should buy that as the solution to building the Great Pyramid..

and then tell me why, since I disagree with his overly bold statement I'm suddenly not able to think outside of the box, or worse I must think aliens or some levitation were invloved.. come on man, give me a break

he hasn't shown me anything that would even remotely suggest that he and some of his buddies could do it, except for him saying so himself...

Apply his technique in the logistical setting of constructing the Great Pyramid and we'll see how far he can get with those 50 ton blocks that have to be lifted and then set perfectly in position, and even then not topple down on top of him...if he can do it then he's the master of the universe

[edit on 26-11-2009 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
as much as this is impressive, a post made me rethink that what is impressive is that we think it is impressive--and that we should have a better grip on simplicity being more profound than complicated machinery and tools.

however, the sheer precision and titanic scale of the great pyramid, and all of it's other meticulous mathematical anomalies within its edifice, and the dark unraveled mysteries still haunting it is what sets it and the pyramids of egypt apart from something like stonehenge, which is really just some large stones placed on eachother to highlight the equinoxes.
they are just something completely different then significantly piled stones.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Awesome

Now if only he could recreate this ...

The Great Pyramid consists of more than 2.3 million limestone blocks.

Many of the casing stones and interior chamber blocks of the great pyramid were fit together with extremely high precision. Based on measurements taken on the north eastern casing stones, the mean opening of the joints are only 0.5 millimeters wide (1/50th of an inch).

The accuracy of the pyramid's workmanship is such that the four sides of the base have a mean error of only 58 millimeter in length. The base is horizontal and flat to within 15 mm. The sides of the square base are closely aligned to the four cardinal compass points (within 4 minutes of arc) based on true north, not magnetic north, and the finished base was squared to a mean corner error of only 12 seconds of arc.

The completed design dimensions, as suggested by Petrie's survey and later studies, are estimated to have originally been 280 cubits in height by 440 cubits in length at each of the four sides of its base. These proportions equate to π/2 to an accuracy of better than 0.05% (corresponding to the approximation of pi as 22/7).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You had a really great post until you wrote this:

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
just think what the Egyptians could accomplish with a modern human brain (perhaps they even had a couple of da Vincis

A ‘modern’ brain? That’s the exact wrong thing to take away from this! Do you really think because Brittany Spears or Matt Damon possesses an MP3 player or desktop computer that they are somehow possessors of greater brain power than those that built the pyramids? Who is to say the ancients didn’t have dozens of da Vincis? They were just limited by what was available at the time.

You are correct in stating that they didn’t have enough time, I think. That’s the difference: just because they were starting from scratch and didn’t have the luxury of utilizing an accumulation of prior accomplishments, that we take for granted, was a limiting factor. But that doesn’t mean they weren’t just as smart or even smarter. Think about it this way: who was smarter – the person that discovered the wheel or the person that discovered the pneumatic tire?

You seem to misunderstood what I said.

"Modern Human" is an anthropological term meaning all Homo sapiens. It does NOT mean "21st century" man, but rather people who have been around for at least 250,000 years. When I say "Modern Brain", I mean the brain of Modern Humans. All modern humans have basically the same brain. The Ancient Egyptians were "Modern Humans" and thus had "Modern Brains".

So what I said was that Egyptians DID IN FACT possess the same "modern brain" us Modern Humans have (because they were modern Humans), and thus they COULD IN FACT have had people such as a "da Vinci" in their midst.

...Therefore, because they have the same abilities for invention that we have, they could have developed ingenious ways to move larger stones with no power machinery nor alien intervention required.

[edit on 11/27/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
I love how some answers seem almost angry at this guy for using a somewhat simple technique to effectively prove these things are possible.

Isn't it a shame that people are more comfortable discrediting ingenious human ability opting to give all credit to alien forces and magic.

Sure mystery is fantastic and fun but if something can be debunked or tips the balance in the favour of a more mundane answer then I personally would rather tick that one off the mysteries list and move on to something else that requires debunking or explaining.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by keepithush]

This is exactly what I was saying (but apparently I was misunderstood by some -- see my post above)...

Why do people want to sell the Egyptians short, like they were some sort of stupid backward people who needed aliens to help them do great things? I think the Egyptians -- because they have "modern human" brains -- could do great things on their own without alien intervention.

Egyptians had the ability we do to create great things from their imaginations, just like da Vince could design great machines from his imagination.

da Vinci designed machines that could do amazing things (without requiring modern power supplies), therefore the Egyptians could have designed techniques for moving stones without requiring modern power supplies.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

You're right -- he didn't show how to build a pyramid

HOWEVER, the point is that he did show that one man could develop a way to move large stones without complex machinery. THEREFORE, if one man could figure that out, an entire civilization full of intelligent humans (such as the ancient Egyptians) could possibly develop techniques for building a Pyramid without the use of complex power machinery -- just leverage, gravity, ropes, pulleys. etc.

Egyptians had the same capacity for problem solving that we have. I see no reason why they could not have solved the problem of "Pyramid Building".

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The blocks are far from pyramid sized. I would like to see how he puts the horizontal slabs across the tops of the vertical ones.

That is true, but take the pyramid blocks and put 4 - 5 people to work on them, it probably can be done.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
With regards to the great pyramids.

The egyptians built them, but maybe as a shrine to the gods, maybe for an idea or belief about the gods, maybe they are just like an intergalactic gas station for UFO's. Maybe just maybe, planet earth is no more that a galactic gas station.

Anyways what I do know is that us so called modern humans can only look at what has been done and what has been left and make some idea's up as to how they where built and what for.

To much history has been and gone, it maybe the real reason has been lost for ever.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Awesome

Many of the casing stones and interior chamber blocks of the great pyramid were fit together with extremely high precision. Based on measurements taken on the north eastern casing stones, the mean opening of the joints are only 0.5 millimeters wide (1/50th of an inch).

The accuracy of the pyramid's workmanship is such that the four sides of the base have a mean error of only 58 millimeter in length. The base is horizontal and flat to within 15 mm. The sides of the square base are closely aligned to the four cardinal compass points (within 4 minutes of arc) based on true north, not magnetic north, and the finished base was squared to a mean corner error of only 12 seconds of arc.

The completed design dimensions, as suggested by Petrie's survey and later studies, are estimated to have originally been 280 cubits in height by 440 cubits in length at each of the four sides of its base. These proportions equate to π/2 to an accuracy of better than 0.05% (corresponding to the approximation of pi as 22/7).

en.wikipedia.org...

Have you ever read or seen on Outer Limits, the book Think like a Dinosaur. What it's about is that a race of lizards that look like Velociraptors had first contact with humans and are slowly showing and seeing if they can be responsible for Transluminal space and communication travel via wormhole hubs that would connect them to other races that have been helped by them forming a large galactic community via wormhole teleportion (the person would be put into a blue glass bubble and be teleported to their destination. The problem is the aliens must know they will balance the equation (meaning disintegrating the copy at the start after the copy has been translated at it's destination), and the story deals with the conflict that is part of this. What if the Pyramids as you may have pointed out was housing for the energy that may or may not have been involved in wormhole transportation (it doesn't have to be like the book or show) of an object from this planet/star system to a number of star systems and planets.

When you look at the pyramids and go inside it doesn't have fresco's or hieroglyphics all over the place showing the burial of the king and the queen in said chambers and their accomplishments. It's as if some almight god decided to play leggos with details and put these together for his amusement. But as you and others I have read have made comment on is that the pyramids may have been a device or housing for a device for SOME PURPOSE. What if it was housing for a device or device in operation thousands of years before it was supposed to have been built, around the time that part of the world was wet and wooded. And for some reason (either the cataclysm or war) the beings from that time left and pulled out their machinery and devices with them and instead of totally destroying the structure they thought as would an engineer we may need to use it at alater date when we come back or it wasn't worth the trouble.

Seriously, you have to bug out for some reason and while taking stuff you have the foresight to leave said structure or structures in case you come back. Or if you weren't coming back soon or ever and wanted to make sure your slaves or creations don't figure out your technology you take everything and leave us with just massive housing structures across the whole planet.

I believe that it was a device, it wasn't a burial chamber. We will find out what it was believe me. Lets say that the Pyramids where found in Germany or Britain back thousands of years ago. Today we would be trying to figure out how the Saxon and Gallich tribes built those beautiful structures because we would assume that they did it because it's in england and the english will say it was built by them because of the structures that are around the massive pyramid (which doesn't have any writing inside of it making any comment of it being built by them.

Also as a last note no writings inside saying this or that about the burial of the king or his accomplishments or even the construction of the pyramid, why is that? A king or leader that Narcissistic and Vain would have made sure that the biggest structure built by him and his people over 20 years and with the cover stones of polished stone (you could have seen it from 30 miles away) didn't think about making sure it was HIS and nobody elses. The reason is one of two things. One, the inhabitants came across the structures and was amazed by them and other things built and lying about and consider the pyramids the gods domain and didn't want to anger them. Two, we knew who built them and we even may have worked for them and where warned to not go in or mess around with the structure because of danger (radiation of some type, or just to make sure it's not vandalized enough that it couldn't be used again when they came back etc.), maybe something was left and was able to keep individuals out of it for centuries until what was real became a story which became a myth wich became a legend and reinforced conditioning. In fact I wish that some Pharaoh would have started to put hieroglyphs and murals in the Pyramid, because it would have added mystery to the world when they found out that the murals and such where younger by a thousand years or more than the pyramid.

The best place to hide something is in plain sight.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Does he also proves how to transport the block on a sandy underground in stead over concrete ? and does he also prove how to ship them on a boat?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDutch
Does he also proves how to transport the block on a sandy underground in stead over concrete ? and does he also prove how to ship them on a boat?

No -- but his point is not trying to show exactly how the Egyptians could build the pyramids, but rather the general idea that it does not necessarily take heavy equipment to move large stones.

If he could figure out how to move large stones, then the Ancient Egyptians -- with a couple thousand years of stone construction experience and the intellectual resources of an entire thriving civilization -- could perhaps figure out how to build a big pyramid.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
OK, i understood what your point is..

Then, next question: why build such a thing ?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

Look, those people were bored. They didn't have computers and books.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting post, this man has very good skill and ingenuity.

I would like to know if it is even possible to move such slabs of rock on grass or dirt, the little stones work well on a flat concrete surface but how about on a non-concrete surface?

In egypt there was no concrete slab underneath the stones in Egypt so that technique is not applicable to the pyramids of Egypt or stonehenge for that matter.

Thats my opinion on the matter anyhow.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

No -- but his point is not trying to show exactly how the Egyptians could build the pyramids, but rather the general idea that it does not necessarily take heavy equipment to move large stones.

Actually, this is Wallys claim from his site (but you'll have to buy his DVD to find out more):

I have found that ancient legends from around the world are true. Some megaliths could have been set in place by as few as one man. I could build The Great Pyramid of Giza, using my techniques and primitive tools. On a twenty-five year construction schedule, (working forty hours per week at fifty weeks per year, using the input of myself to calculate) I would need a crew of 520 people to move blocks from the main quarry to the site and another 100 to move the blocks on site. For hoisting I need a crew of 120 (40 working and 80 rotating). My crew can raise 7000 lb. 100 ft. per minute. I have found the design of the pyramid is functional in it’s own construction. No external ramp is needed.

www.theforgottentechnology.com...

I've skimmed through his site and no where does he even attempt to demonstrate how he could build the great pyramid. He shows us plenty of technique that might work but doesn't actually put it into execution. yeah nice..

[edit on 27-11-2009 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
...I've skimmed through his site and no where does he even attempt to demonstrate how he could build the great pyramid. He shows us plenty of technique that might work but doesn't actually put it into execution. yeah nice..
[edit on 27-11-2009 by PhotonEffect]

Well, fine -- so he doesn't explain how to build a pyramid.

That doesn't change my position that the Egyptians were full of human ingenuity, had a couple thousand years of stone-construction experience, and had plenty of manpower. There is no reason that they could not develop techniques similar to, but not exactly like this guy's techniques to build a pyramid.

I don't understand why people keep thinking the Egyptians were backwards and helpless. They were humans just like us with the same mental capabilities as us.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Awesome

en.wikipedia.org...

Have you ever read or seen on Outer Limits, the book Think like a Dinosaur. What it's about is that a race of lizards that look like Velociraptors had first contact with humans and are slowly showing and seeing if they can be responsible for Transluminal space and communication travel via wormhole hubs that would connect them to other races that have been helped by them forming a large galactic community via wormhole teleportion (the person would be put into a blue glass bubble and be teleported to their destination.

I believe that it was a device, it wasn't a burial chamber. We will find out what it was believe me. Lets say that the Pyramids where found in Germany or Britain back thousands of years ago. Today we would be trying to figure out how the Saxon and Gallich tribes built those beautiful structures because we would assume that they did it because it's in england and the english will say it was built by them because of the structures that are around the massive pyramid (which doesn't have any writing inside of it making any comment of it being built by them.

Also as a last note no writings inside saying this or that about the burial of the king or his accomplishments or even the construction of the pyramid, why is that? A king or leader that Narcissistic and Vain would have made sure that the biggest structure built by him and his people over 20 years and with the cover stones of polished stone (you could have seen it from 30 miles away) didn't think about making sure it was HIS and nobody elses. The reason is one of two things. One, the inhabitants came across the structures and was amazed by them and other things built and lying about and consider the pyramids the gods domain and didn't want to anger them. Two, we knew who built them and we even may have worked for them and where warned to not go in or mess around with the structure because of danger (radiation of some type, or just to make sure it's not vandalized enough that it couldn't be used again when they came back etc.), maybe something was left and was able to keep individuals out of it for centuries until what was real became a story which became a myth wich became a legend and reinforced conditioning. In fact I wish that some Pharaoh would have started to put hieroglyphs and murals in the Pyramid, because it would have added mystery to the world when they found out that the murals and such where younger by a thousand years or more than the pyramid.

The best place to hide something is in plain sight.

Hoghead, I wasn't aware of the lack of hyroglyphs in the great pyramid or the controversy over the few that were discovered. The lack of hyroglyphs inscriptions is interesting. MY google searches didn't even turn up that much.

ONe has to wonder if the pyramid is actually a time-space travel gate of some sort. If you needed a place to teleport in and out of I expect you would want to make sure it was there on the other end when you got there. This is likely why they included so much earth and space mathmathics and geometry into it's contruction and made it so large. I expect it may actually be inactive at this time though.

There is also a reference to 144,000 casing blocks being built over the top of the pyramid. NOt only do we find 144,000 in the bible. BUt we find 144,000 in the Mayan calendar. 144,000 is equivilent to one baktun.

www.sacred-texts.com...

I have often wondered if the human race is decended from a race of space time travelling aliens (Who we refer to as gods) who traveled to earth and mingled thier dna with the inhabitants.

Here is a scary additional theory. The human race is being bred as hosts for lizard invaders and the population is being increased so that these alien lizards can teleport into and take over thier human hosts when the time is right.

Some other interesting facts about the great pyramid.

...whoever built the Pyramid knew the Earth well: the length of the year, the radius of curvature, the standard measurement techniques, the average height of the continents, and the center of the land mass. They were able to consruct something that we still cannot construct today, and they were able to tie all these things together in this single structure.

www.europa.com...

The mortar used is of an unknown origin. It has been analyzed and it's chemical composition is known but it can't be reproduced. It is stronger than the stone and still holding up today. The cornerstone foundations of the pyramid have ball and socket construction capable of dealing with heat expansion and earthquakes. The four corner sockets are at different heights. The vertical distance between the highest and lowest is 17 inches.

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 28-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

OK, i understood what your point is..

Then, next question: why build such a thing ?

It was a symbolic mechanism used for the metaphysical transportation of the pharaoh's soul to the stars. You probably already know of the existence of the two small inaccessible tunnels going in and out of the king's and queen's chambers, well this was the pathway.

Good enough reason?

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join