It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired carpenter has techniques to move Stonehenge and Pyramid-size blocks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by above

I want to se him work these kind of blocks.

i'm sure if he had a few hundred thousand slaves at his disposal, it wouldn't be much of a task at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by way2slo

I don't know but they did have brooms and shovels and hands which are what the PBS team used to recreate the standing of an obelisk.

There was no water used in the demonstration I watched.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
aw crap... i was hoping aliens built it.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

They might have. Using stones and rope and wood !!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I love how some answers seem almost angry at this guy for using a somewhat simple technique to effectively prove these things are possible.

Isn't it a shame that people are more comfortable discrediting ingenious human ability opting to give all credit to alien forces and magic.

Sure mystery is fantastic and fun but if something can be debunked or tips the balance in the favour of a more mundane answer then I personally would rather tick that one off the mysteries list and move on to something else that requires debunking or explaining.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by keepithush]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by groingrinder
The blocks are far from pyramid sized. I would like to see how he puts the horizontal slabs across the tops of the vertical ones.

You would need a girder complex to support the weight going straight up and then have it support the weight going perpendicular to the pyramid. And thats only the few problems with this and other theories, the things that would be needed gantry or a massive ramp would have been feets in and of themselves

This video is not a theory. It's a demonstration.

Also, use some ingenuity to answer your questions. This guy proved, even as a GRANDPA, that he could do this stuff single-handedly. This guy's ingenuity should be the NORM. We should not be shocked to see someone moving things using LEVERAGE. "Simplest of all machines", anybody?

Our society is getting so mindless.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

i couldn't agree more, the simple application of basic science should be a fundamental thing everyone does from school age to the grave - it's so sad that people are willing to let other people do their thinking.

While this might not be the exact way that stone henge was built -maybe we'll find out one day, maybe we wont - this does however prove that it's totally possible for a stone age society supplying a workforce even less than a hundred men to have build stone henge.

as for the pyramids, we know so much about their construction now and the many possible methods they could use - in my line of work we put up all sorts of crazy things, it's amazing how simple techniques can produce such inexplicable results. Pivots, Rollers, Ropes, Ramps and a little logic can perform some quiet breath taking feats!

Remember that when these great structures were being built mankind only knew the materials they were made out of, everyone was used to working with them and living with them all the time - also they had nothing better to do- no swords to make, no computers to fix, to books to read - the crops were growing, the sun was shinning... to me it seems more likely that those people would have spent their time creating crazy stone structures rather than idly waiting the invention of something to pass the time.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Oh man! I really enjoyed seeing that short documentary on this amazing character!

Even better, makes your mind run a thousand miles, as to what he might have been doing to move those rocks, and especially, cut them!

Thanks for posting that, I love videos like those!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
Posted earlier here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is it with you guys? Always with "already posted" etc etc like it's a big deal. It actually matters jack!
It's almost like half the members do nothing but lurk looking for a reason to bitch.

Back on topic - This guy is AWESOME! A self taught genius. Two thumbs up from me!
Shame the Coral Castle guy and he were a generation or two apart. Imagine their combined abilities!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm surprised so many people consider this ground-breaking information. In truth techniques like this have been used for countless centuries and are recorded in various forms. It's surprising so few people in this day and age have a grasp of the importance of fundamental physics. So many people of the recent generations really do rely on technology too much, and suffer an unknown defeat to things such as calculators and computers. How often do you come across non-trades-people who know how to draw up a right angle with nothing but a piece of string?
That said and done I'm far from trying to take away from the guy who is clearly a fine craftsman, and i tip my hat to him for making his efforts to bring such overlooked information back to the table.
All said and done I'm skeptical the level of ingenuity and technique demonstrated here would be enough to create some of the vast wonders of the ancient world we know of today. However, I do believe it is within the ability of man to achieve such feats...just not so likely with the lazy minds most of us have today's button-press society

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by above

how did that old saying go? Give me a long enough lever and a place to plant my feet, and I can move the world.

mind you, in these videos, this is one old guy moving more than a thousand pounds with a few pebbles and essentially a big wooden monkey wrench. Now, imagine a crew of 10 strappin gyoung lads and an old geezer like him leading them.

The bigger the rock is not always a call for more grunt, but more precision.

it is unfortunate that very basic (tho maybe field specialized) knowledge like this has been lost to the march of technology.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

simple answer.. why don't you ask him? I'd say that he couldn't show everything because of the brevity of this video which is pretty much 'human interest story' length. I'd love to see some place do a 1-2 hour special on this guy.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

Originally posted by groingrinder
The blocks are far from pyramid sized. I would like to see how he puts the horizontal slabs across the tops of the vertical ones.

You would need a girder complex to support the weight going straight up and then have it support the weight going perpendicular to the pyramid. And thats only the few problems with this and other theories, the things that would be needed gantry or a massive ramp would have been feets in and of themselves

Also, use some ingenuity to answer your questions. This guy proved, even as a GRANDPA, that he could do this stuff single-handedly. This guy's ingenuity should be the NORM. We should not be shocked to see someone moving things using LEVERAGE. "Simplest of all machines", anybody?

[edit on 11/26/2009 by TarzanBeta]

Actually I assumed that all posters on this site (including you) knew this was a demonstration so that's one reason why I didn't say it was a demonstration because it's obvious it's a demonstration, what I was question was his THEORY behind his demonstration and why he theorizes that this is how Stonehenge was built. The word Theory is considered to be derived from the Greek word theoria meaning Contemplation and Speculation. If you google or better yet wiki the word you will understand the reason why Theory was used, on top of assuming that you and others would have already known this was a demonstration of his theory. Also what I and others are doing when we question his theory and demonstration of his theory is putting it under scrutiny and using logic to see if it is possible to do what he demonstrated of his theory. In all actuality they could have muscled StoneHenge to look like it is today (we don't know if there was something on top of the stone pillars which could have acted like support columns). But they couldn't do this for the Pyramids pure and simple.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Thank you. I think you sum up the point of this video very well. It's not about diminishing the accomplishment of ANY previous civilization, nor trying to prove anything about Egyptian architecture. It's the simple statement that one person elected to do this thing, and he was successful, using only the very simplest of tools.

If we were truly enlightened, we wouldn't second-guess his work, we'd expand and expound upon it, apply those techniques on a grander scale, perhaps utilize them for new alternative energy projects, or simpler but stronger construction. There is important information in here -- ideas that, but for this man and others like him, were nearly lost to our modern culture.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Nephilim and their fathers the Gods IE: Watchers built the pyramids and set the foundation for all science today. God tells you this in the bible so what do you not believe him?

Only Giants with profound technology could have built most of the ancient sites around the world.

Carved stone block at Puma Punku. This precision-made 6 mm wide
groove contains equidistant, drilled holes. It seems impossible that this
cuts were made with use of stone or copper tools.

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

it's almost cute how they hop from one foot to the other trying to poke the tiniest of holes in anything because they just HAVE to believe that it was magic, or aliens.

the funny part, he has one structure with a cross beam, and nhe never said anything about mining or quarrying, yet some of the folks here insist on crapping on about it.

Besides, more theories are showing that the pyramid blocks by and large were not quarried, but cast, like a concrete, which would explain the accuracy and regularity of them.

Yep, stick to old studies people, it must help you sleep at night.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
I love how some answers seem almost angry at this guy for using a somewhat simple technique to effectively prove these things are possible.

I love the sheer smugfest that is this thread. Someone ingeniously moves a block of stone and we have 'smugfesters' by the buckload crowing in delight and basically screaming at everyone how the mystery of how ancient monuments were built has now been solved, and we can all go home now.

Isn't it a shame that people are more comfortable discrediting ingenious human ability opting to give all credit to alien forces and magic.

A much bigger shame is this close-minded smugfest ... humans can be so ugly when they get all arrogant, supercilious, and dismissive.

Sure mystery is fantastic and fun but if something can be debunked or tips the balance in the favour of a more mundane answer then I personally would rather tick that one off the mysteries list and move on to something else that requires debunking or explaining.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by keepithush]

Aha ... a lover of the 'throwing out the baby with the bathwater' syndrome ... Explanation can be shoe-horned in, Mystery solved, Tick... move on, no need to consider/explore any other possibilities.

Just teasing

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalkinVictory
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Oh man! I really enjoyed seeing that short documentary on this amazing character!

Even better, makes your mind run a thousand miles, as to what he might have been doing to move those rocks, and especially, cut them!

Thanks for posting that, I love videos like those!

He didnt cut them , he formed them with concrete. Just to clarify is all.

Very inpressive indeed , almost one of those things that hit you out of nowhere and makes you think its so simple that what else are we missing or have lost the ability to do that is as simple.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

reply to post by flyingfish

reply to post by passenger

reply to post by keepithush

reply to post by CoffinFeeder

First, to those of you listed above- Why is it when someone doesn't agree with the theory, as presented in this thread, that the pyramids were built using the method demonstrated in the OP video, you all feel that it's necessary to respond with some alien or magic mumbo jumbo, as if they suggested that's how it was done??

Please show us all when and where a poster in this thread, who's questioned the OP video as the answer to the pyramid, ever suggested that aliens (or magic) helped to do it instead?

I have to say that I agree a lot with what hoghead cheese has been posting in this thread. He brings up some good points that for some reason people don't seem to be digesting properly... perhaps you all should read his posts again.

This video shows nothing more than a method as to how one man could move large blocks of stonehorizontally across a wooden platform and how to stand stones up vertically... that's it. La dee frikkin da.. and now suddenly we have the solution as to how the pyramids were constructed?? How so?

Maybe I missed it, but when in the that nifty presentation did the geezer build us a pyramid? Even a mini pyramid using his method?

Or that one could stack 50 ton (100,000 lbs) blocks hundreds of feet above the ground?

Or how to resolve the issue of hauling huge blocks of stone over sand and hills in the desert heat for thousands of feet?

Ramps? ( please go back and read what hoghead cheese wrote regarding this)

While this old fella may have shown that there are non-technological ways to move huge blocks of stone (and kudos to him), he certainly has not cracked the case as to how the pyramids (or stonehenge for that matter) were erected, I'm sorry...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Alright,
here is a excerpt from a site.

Could it also be that megalithic monuments such as some of those in Egypt, Stonehenge, Easter Island, the Orcadian stones (see image below) and others were constructed by an ancient race of giants? To our race as human beings, these stones appear incredibly massive, and they are. It is universally accepted that these massive stones and blocks require some type of mechanical advantage to handle and erect them.

As large as these stones are, most seem to average about the same height everywhere they are found on Earth. These stones may not have been any taller than the giants who mined, handled and erected them.

All things are relative, whether it is the year 2008 or the year 5000BC. Some precepts are universal in nature. If you stood 20 feet tall and were handling a stone 18 feet long, it may not be any more difficult to erect it in the ground than it is for an adult human to put in a concrete mailbox post along the road. This may be over- simplifying things a bit, but you get the concept here.

Here is the site s8int.com...

As well at this site is a image of a newspaper article talking about a giant skull found in texas. www.returnofthenephilim.com...

Even the bible talks about giants. There was a time when everything on earth was larger. Of course this was during the cambrian period. But I think man was around then as well. There are many footprints and artifacts found around the world to validate this. A simple Google search of human footprints found in cambrian stone will get you on the right path. As well search the Glen Rose stone or the Antelope Springs tracks.

Respected Cornell geneticist, John Sanford, rejects Darwinism in his recent book, and also comes to a startling conclusion; the human genome, is deteriorating at the rate of 1% to 2% per generation. That means we are shrinking and living less longer.

These structures were built by humans no doubt. Just huge ones. If aliens built them with the intent for them to last a long time. Im sure they would of used a metal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join