It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking the advice and input of ATS members on an important issue...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If we (ATS) were to organize an online petition effort, would you support that?

Absolutely, yes.

Isn't this another rule breaker? Organizing a movement?

Wasn't there another rule breaker last week by the ATS PTB?

Is this some sort of psych ops going on here?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ATS is without a doubt the best website community on the internet for people with our interests.

I'm in the UK but if my signature can help just show me the dotted line and I will sign in the blink of an eye to help you.

Woody

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Originally posted by Alethea

Why is it so impermissible for ATS to protect its own interests?

Would you do any differently?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am reminded of that old axiom about freedom never being free. I can also remember all too clearly the HIPPA laws that were promoted as privacy protection. That turned out to be nothing more than open the door wider for big insurance while shutting that same door to everyone else, including the patient/consumer.

Anytime government gets between the free market and the consumer, it is bad.

I'll march with you (ATS) on this issue. Lock and load.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

The reason for the no recruitment/petition rule is so that ATS remains neutral regarding the issues that our members are concerned with. We want to avoid a label that will prevent somone of an opposing perspective from interacting with the discussions. We are not "Fauex News", for example.

We are a place for the civil discussion of our reality.

However, legislation such as this will place Big Media back as the goto area for news. And I know that ATS has a group of minds that rival any organization out there. They shouldn't be allowed to take that away...nor should they be allowed to effect the free expression of ideas and thoughts.

This effects our internet experience - regardless of affiliation. As such, I think it is more than an apt "exception to our rule".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Its very sad that it should come to this.

I think we should do whatever we need to do to prevent the loss of abovetopsecret.com from the www. Legally of course.

And seeing as you employ some high powered attorneys SO i hope you have them on the case to.

I will be watching out for the u2u telling me where i sign.

kode

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Gouvernment restrictions that favour big business are seldom for the good of the people.

Count me in.

link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Here's a sillyish idea...what if we were able to get Johnny Anonymous to interview Rick Boucher?

What a way to get the guys attention focused on us rather than them...

Just tossing it out there...

Yes, I second this idea and endorse said activity.
If it can be done, it should be.

I doubt Rick has the balls to do it though.

link   
I personally think that ads are a joke and should be eliminated entirely from our society. Of coarse that will never happen.

I haven't read all the info on the subject so I will not comment on the legitimacy of the legislation.

Times change and the savvy people change with them.

I would like to think that no matter what happens, ATS is in capable hands.

I am willing to "pay" monthly/yearly for use of this site with a "heafty" down payment for the previous enjoyment/enlightenment this site has "given" me.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Fellow members I believe it is time to

ASK NOT WHAT ATS CAN DO FOR YOU/ ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR ATS

i'm in of course

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i say go for it, whatever needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

The UK; yes. Canada; yes. Zimbabwa; yes.

We have the venue to forward this to 40% of the planet.

What the USA gov does or does not do inevitably affects the entire race.

link   
UPDATE...

We've secured the domain name: www.KeepOurWebFree.org.

We're going to be integrating two methods for collecting and tracking interests of Internet users related to this problem.

One will be the "best possible" online petition system... right, sort of like saying we're buying the best possible processed artificial cheese spread... but at least there will be a high-level of authentication of those "signing" it.

The other will be a reputable advocacy firm that will enable you to immediately send a properly formatted email to your congressional representative. This is, of course, the preferred and more effective means.

Both will cost a little bit, and take some time to set up... but set up we will.

I'm also getting some interest in pro-bono PR from some industry contacts once this is up and running... so stay tuned.

Thanks for all your support in this matter.

link   
Count me in.
2nd line.

link   
This is BS man.
First with what they're doing here (UK) and now with this??

I smell the end of freedom and privacy on the net.

I'll sign any petition you need guys... and whatever i else i can do.

link   
reply to post by TonyClifton

That is the issue though.
ATS is a free site, and always has been and if we have any thing to do about it, always will be.

The advertisements are here because those companies pay to use our board space. This form of financial income supports ATS servers, so that members don't have to pay.

ATSers should not have to pay, that is not how we came about and it is not where we want to go.

That is my understanding of this.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I doubt a petition would have any impact, but I'd sign it anyway, as well as exhaust other outlets of expressing my disgust. If another website is being set up for the wider online community, I'll do my best to spread the link around as much as possible.

I don't want to pay a subscription fee for ATS (probably the only alternative to keep going without 3rd party ads) and I want it to remain public so others can read without joining.

Also, as a freelance writer, this would adversely affect the businesses of my clients and therefore my ability to make a living.

Can't people just learn how to use the internet safely? 10+ years online and I've never had a serious problem (knock on wood)...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I can see your approaching the crossroad very soon, it will be upon the founders to decide if they are going to raise the level of the site or simply allow it to the mercy of policy.

A solution needs to be found perhaps a new re-defined investment into ATS thus raising the bar to a higher level of content access and distribution of information. In any case, this day was eventually going to come.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Sign me up, trying to squeeze the little guy even harder now so corporate Inc can own without question everything.

Well they will never take my soul! We must fight this and hard, maybe a rule change about getting organised beyond a petition on ATS. Its becoming a question of self defence now!

With the death of freedom on the internet the next step will be no talking at all in public. Think not? Then think again, it will come.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is nothing short of an outrage! I'm in!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join