It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever met or knew anyone, you think was pure evil, and actually wanted to be evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
First definition

e·vil (vl) adj. e·vil·er, e·vil·est 1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant. 2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet. 3. Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens. 4. Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation. 5. Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.

I started this thread as i found a art bell show, that had some female, who said she just wants to be evil, and wants to destroy other people.

Here is link to first part

For me, i only speak to people that i feel are ok. My life was destroyed by someone, that is like what this woman was like for no reason what so ever. I have always wondered why this person spent so much time wrecking my life. I think even though this person was not as bad as the person interviewed by art, this person just set out to absolutely destroy me and my life, just to do evil for evils sake.

Have you known people who are pure evil, and you could never comprehend why they are so bad. People say that no one on earth just does evil, and sets out to absolutely wreck others. I put it to you, that there are people who love to wreck and destroy anyone, for no reason, other than they are pure evil.

I am interested whether people here, think that people actually go out and deliberately do evil, just to do evil, and do not even rationalise it even in there mind, they just want to do evil.

So what is your thoughts on evil, and do people actually just do evil, as they want to be evil.

Thoughts....

[edit on 11/25/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dunno Andy, I might fall in the class of being Evil, at least on computer games anyway

If there is ever a choice of which path to follow, I tend to gravitate towards being evil.

Take Fallout 3 for example.. I ended the game with the most evil rating possible...

Black and White..Was a pretty Evil God who lived off the mana provided by sacrificing Children...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are a few morans in my town that this could apply too.

while not evil in the evil genius take over the world sense.

They are just general bad apples who think being a 'bad-boy" is "cool".

It doesn't help when a lot of women seem to find this attractive and help these fools reproduce, only to divorce them 5 years later after a few bad beatings.

EDIT-> Yes i know I spelled morOn as morAn. this was intentional. I always say/type it that way for a little side humor. Thank you to the grammar-nazis that pointed this out to me in multiple u2u's

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Have I ever met anyone who was evil, pure or otherwise. The answer, most unfortunately, is yes.

His name was Micheal Olds. I went to school with a couple of his kids in elementary school. Quiet as mice, and twice as skittish... We always wondered why, my friends and I, why that was the case...as I'm sure school officials must have wondered, too. I met him about a year into middle school, and to this day, he is the one person I consider to be an exemplar of evil in humanity...irredeemably evil.

Couple of years later, Mr. Olds snapped, and went on a multistate killing spree that ended in Pennsylvania, I believe. He's on death row in Pennsylvania and several other states, including Washington where I live, have a spot on the gallows for him.

Evil exists. It wants to do harm to those around it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I feel that humans, as a whole, are born good but rearing them to adulthood, in our 'evil' society, without ruining this good nature is another question.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Hemlocks]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes his name is Steve and I have known him almost 40 years when we were in pee wee football at age 6 we were told to watch out for him,in a big pile up he would step on your hands,poke your eyes,bite you and threaten and say horrible things to you.I only bring that up to show what an early age that manifested itself.Over the years I have witnessed him do awful things to people and animals although he never went to far around me because he knew I would tell or challenge him on it and the one thing that kept him in line was peer approval,he didn't want to look bad or have anyone know who he truly was.I haven't spoken to him in 20 years but I do hear things about him from time to time.He is a drug dealer he has fathered many children been in and out of jail,I am sorry to say he is not dead yet.

link   
reply to post by Hemlocks

I wish to God that were the case, my friend. ...and maybe it is. Hope so. But it seems all too clear that some, not many thank goodness, are born evil, or at least predisposed to be such.

They're missing an important something that makes them, for lack of a better word, humane...not human, but humane. I can't quantify it, yet I know it's lack when I see it.

link   
reply to post by Hemlocks

I agree with you 100%

Every child is born with a good heart. I mean everyone wants to fit in, laugh, love, and generally experience life in a positive manner.

But then real life kicks in and it can make some sour grapes.

I'll admit I was a victim of this. I was way to nice at one point in my life, and it didnt really help me.

I still consider myself a good person, but I will smite thee down for thy ignorance or evilness.

it took me a while to figure out that the polarity of the universe is not just good or evil. and that it is not bad to FIGHT for the good.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

.I would respectfully disagree.I believe some are just plain bad/evil

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Evil people are helliens. They act that way because they are as a computer system programmed to do evil.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

And I will respectfully disagree. A lot of how someone is, is based on how they were raised and their environment. Now the antichrist is a different story, but technically he's not really a person.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Oh yes there are evil people in the world.

I also knew one when young. Currently he's serving 30 years to life for a drug murder. I'm not surprised, not is anyone who knew him growing up.

In general though the overwhelming number of people are good. The number of evil poeple I've known is very small.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by obixman]

[edit on 11/25/2009 by obixman]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't really believe in PURE evil per se.... because most people who do evil actions do it so that they may benefit from them. They do evil because it is the method that gets them whatever feeling or outcome they desire in the easiest, most primitive way. The want for these emotions and feelings is not limited to evil people, so to say they are evil is to say everyone is evil.

It is the action that matters. In the case of people who claim they are pure evil, they are usually sick in the head, or are seeking attention- both are valid reasons.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That sounds like an interesting theory. Can you elaborate? Who is doing the programming and why?

Originally posted by Tormentations
Evil people are helliens. They act that way because they are as a computer system programmed to do evil.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
my answer is yes,

at the first instance...

Later I recognized "good" in "evil" and "evil" in "good". For me its clear that if someone pronounces that he/she/it wants to kill and hurt people it is not clear what that possible victims could or would do without being harmed.

Another point is that if you believe in a balance between good and evil, ying and yang, black and white, circle and square or whatever you want to call it. One should realize that the balance should be held in yourself. If you only do evil, know that someone or something else is balancing it. So if you consider yourself as "good" realize that you give "evil" a place by doing good.

That's just a part of my theory about that.

something more...

representing yourself as "good but doing "evil" is more "evil" then representing yourself as evil and doing so...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Dumbass]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
[edit on 25-11-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I know a guy that's been in prison for the past several years for the torture and murder of a man. He is doing a life sentence. He and his accomplice rode around with the murdered man's body in the trunk of a car for a couple of days before they were caught. The dead man had been burned with cigarettes, strangled, and stabbed.

The night he did it I was at a club. He was there and we chatted a bit in passing and he was friendly as always. Sometimes later that evening he went out and did the murder.

The strange thing is he was very nice to me whenever I saw him and I would never have dreamed he was capable of a such a heinous crime. Me and my siblings had known him since highschool.

I could not believe when I heard the news how close I had been to a murderer.

Sometimes evil can be disguised behind a cheerful smile and a friendly demeanor.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I had a friend who was most definitely evil. She talked trash about her friends in circles. She stole from us. Lied to us constantly. In fact, I'm not sure that she was ever capable of telling the truth. She cheated on her boyfriends. She was incapable of being held accountable for her actions.

I listened to her whine for years. I didn't judge her at all. I thought she just had issues, and needed support. I was wrong. She just enjoyed using people. She would get money off me claiming one thing, then use it on drugs. This sociopath had kids, and neglected them to get strung out on heroine or speed.

When I realized she lied to me constantly, I flipped. I was someone who never judged her, yet she lied to me. I felt very betrayed. I went off on her very bad. She just ditched out on me, and told our mutual friends I went crazy. This enraged me, and I did end up going crazy trying to get her to come clean.

I learned that some people are too far gone. Some people truly are without conscience, and don't want anything but to spread chaos, because that makes them feel good inside. I honestly thought of ending her, so that nobody would have to suffer from her anymore. She's seriously ruined several peoples lives.

I think the best people can do for truly evil people is just leave them. If they are clever enough to evade the system, so be it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

unfortunately, yes.

I used to engage in certain activities and would hang out with very unsavory people. Although I was never really as evil as these people, thinking back, I feel guilty about just being in the presence of such negativity. Im not talking about gang members, these guys you would never think twice about if you saw them on the street. They dressed nice, had no tattoos, drove fancy cars and were very intelligent and articulate. I guess you could compare them to the appearance of a Mafia guy. I only associated with these people because it was the nature of the commodity I was involved in. If you want to be respected you have to have the right friends, the more powerful they are, the better for you and your wallet. It was not uncommon for them to tell me in hushed tones and whispers about some guy who they had to "smoke" the night before while we sat and counted out cash, and listened to them laugh about the victims unlucky friend in the passenger seat who "was in the wrong place at the wrong time."
This is what happened to people who opened their mouth about this group. They even had people paid off in the police dept. so they knew about all the "rats."

My whole point in this, is that these guys were so smart they could have been a captain of industry, a wall street tycoon, or an exec for a big company. They were smart enough to commit heinous crimes and get away with it. They chose the evil, illegal, path. They would go rob people not because they needed the money, but because they wanted the adrenaline rush and ego trip that comes with pointing a gun in someones face. They would get young girls hooked on stuff and then exploit their bodies. I finally had enough and changed my life. I know that now they think I ratted them out because I disappeared right around the time DEA, and homicide detectives started sniffing around. For the record, I did not. But, I have been shot at, had my home ransacked and have lost all my most prized possessions due to these people who used to treat me like family. I have looked evil in the face, and it doesnt always look like your typical scary criminal.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
But i think my question was. Not that people rationalise there evil, as good in there hearts.

Do you think there are people out there that just want to do evil, because they know it is evil?

Alot of people like in government get on power trips, and rationalise what they do, like social workers.

But i am talking about people who actively want and do evil, and know that there actions are only out there to destroy someones life, or something.

I do not know about that radio show, but she certainly sounded in that ilke. Amazing, that people are out ther and i believe people actually do believe in doing evil, and they love it.

I remember william cooper saying no one does evil,a nd conciously accepts they do evil, but i think thats wrong, and i think people do it on greater scale than we think.

If you listen to that woman in that show taht art did, she was totally of the rails, and people who rang in, wanting to hold vendettas, just over small things, and purposely destroying peoples lifes for nothing.

Whether or not she was truful, i would not be surprised her words and feelings, are not a small minority in america especially.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join