It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why God won't heal amputees, feed the hungry, and fix the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why won't God heal amputees, feed the hungry, and fix the world?

Questions anyone with kind of faith, including myself, may have. So here is my logic and reasoning behind the question.

The 2 simple answers are: why would he, and why should he?

Why would he?

If God were to give amputees their legs back, why wouldn't he also feed the hungry, cure the sick, end oppression, end war, and make peace on earth? To question God, or his existence, on the basis that there are problems and suffering is foolish at best, and implies broken logic.

If God were to fix 1 problem, he would also have to fix another, and others, and others until there were no problems left on earth.

Imagine for an instant, if God were to come down and fix everything. No more hunger, pain, sickness, and suffering. Would you really want to live in such a perfect world?!?! How would you know the true meaning of joy and happiness if you never new what it is like to suffer? How could you know the true meaning of peace if there was never war? I don't know about you, but I would find a perfect world to be quite a boring one indeed! Would God want us to live in a world were we could never truly experience these roller coasters of emotions? I think not.

Why should he?

The thing that bugs me most about people is that they constantly put the blame on anything or anyone but themselves. What people don't realize, is that God has given us all the tools and abilities necessary to fix the world! The United States alone makes enough food to feed the entire world! As most of you should know by now, cures for cancer have been found, numerous diseases have been engineered by people, many detrimental physical sicknesses and conditions are linked to the food we eat, the vaccines we take, and even the air we breathe. WE are the cause of all our problems, and WE have the answers to fix them!

Why should God fix these problems when he could let US fix them? What method results in a better learning experience? To solve all our problems? Or let us solve them? If your child is carelessly throwing rocks at houses, and breaks a window, are you going to pay for the window, essential telling your child its ok to break windows because you will fix any consequence that results from it? Or are you going to make him work to make money to pay for the window himself, giving him the tools necessary to understand his fault, experience the consequence, and give him the satisfaction of fixing his own problem?

Also, obviously, any action of God to fix these problems would be an infringement on our free will. To solve any consequences of our actions would be to eliminate the consequence of choice. What kind of choice has no consequence? Would you really feel free if all of your questions were answered, and all of your problems solved? I sure wouldn't.

I also hate hearing people say they have no power to change anything. The idea of being powerless is an idea that has been created by fear, the NWO, illuminati, whatever you want to call them, to control you! If everybody believed they had no power to change, what would become of the world?

POST your thoughts and ideas on ATS, TALK about them with your friends and family, GO to rallies and protests, ORGANIZE meetings and get-togethers! If you don't know how, there are TONS of books and articles written on the subject of self-power and how to make real changes. God has given us the tools; are you going to use them? Or are you gonna ignore them and cast them aside?

Most importantly, be positive! What do you have to fear? Death comes to all eventually; it is a process, just like life. Make peace, happiness, joy, and love.

As a side note, I am not implying that I am perfect, or even come close to effectively showing all these qualities. The main thing is that I strive to show and use these qualities, and KNOW that they are the right way. Being here on ATS is already a great positive sign that you do care, and do want change.

Peace to all!

Monts

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yeah,
This is already out there in another very recent thread. Including "why won't god heal amputees" in the title.

Maybe it's in the religion forum though?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Yeah there is another thread that discusses this topic... however that thread is asking a specific, religious bashing question in the religious conspiracies forums. This is a philosophical answer that implies no conspiracy except people themselves.

After combing over the pages, nobody really gave an answer like this, and I believe it to be an important answer people should look at.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The answer is easy, people have a choice. Most people in power choose to do evil, but some of the things are decent. But most people in power, want more power, and thats not coming from doing good.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well said... evil acts are the easiest way to attain power, However never forget that power gained through the easy means of evil, is also lost just as easily by the means of good.

Imagine a giant house made out of cards.... it is awesome, magnificent, bewildering, and may seem to be all powerful. The foundation however, is weak, and it is easy to destroy. Even if one card is taken away, it is easy for the entire house to come crashing down.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I dont know to much about why God wont help us. But all we have to go on is what the Bible is telling us.

In the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve set the standard for our future.

We humans look at the world and cry of disappointment about everything. We lack the vision that the world we cry and complain about is really the world we our selves have fought and sacrificed everything for.

The world we see in front of us is the result of our labor and sacrifice.

Ask your self. Is the world we have created what God really wanted us to have?

Ask your self: Is your dreams of the future in Gods best interest or is it in your own best interest.

I bet every one on this site is going to do what ever it takes to keep everything just like it is or even worse.

We humans have the ability to take Gods words and add and subtract so it will suite our purpose.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Well said friend, the magnificent gift of free will. People often don't realize the power that can lie in their choices and thoughts. People are scared of change, whatever the nature of change may be. Fear is enemy number 1 here, which is why prayer isn't about asking for God to fix the world, but it is about asking God to give YOU the strength to help fix the world. Here is a beautiful prayer I heard Alex Collier say once:

Great spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all in the world, hear me, I am small and I am weak, and I need your strength and your wisdom, let me walk in beauty and let my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunsets you have created with me. Make my hands respect the things you have made, and my ears sharp to hear your words and your voice. Let me learn the lessons you have hidden under every rock and leaf. I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy myself. Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes, so that when my life fades with the fading sunset, my spirit can come to you without shame.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It's all about balance.
You take away something from one end of the spectrum you'll have to do the same at the other end.
Ex, if sadness goes, so will happiness.

Amputations are usually a result of an accident, likewise if you take away accidents, you also take away miracles.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's all about balance.
You take away something from one end of the spectrum you'll have to do the same at the other end.
Ex, if sadness goes, so will happiness.

Amputations are usually a result of an accident, likewise if you take away accidents, you also take away miracles.

Well said! Everything we experience has polarity. Neither can exist without the other; to remove one end would cause the other to not exist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by spy66

Well said friend, the magnificent gift of free will. People often don't realize the power that can lie in their choices and thoughts. People are scared of change, whatever the nature of change may be. Fear is enemy number 1 here, which is why prayer isn't about asking for God to fix the world, but it is about asking God to give YOU the strength to help fix the world. Here is a beautiful prayer I heard Alex Collier say once:

Great spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds, and whose breath gives life to all in the world, hear me, I am small and I am weak, and I need your strength and your wisdom, let me walk in beauty and let my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunsets you have created with me. Make my hands respect the things you have made, and my ears sharp to hear your words and your voice. Let me learn the lessons you have hidden under every rock and leaf. I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy myself. Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes, so that when my life fades with the fading sunset, my spirit can come to you without shame.

Yes Alex Collier is right on the money. Great citation.

Why are we so set on praying for fame and riches when our lives are so short. When we die we wont take any of that with us to the grave.

I wonder if God gave us everything we asked for. Would we really thank him and live a better life. Or would we thank him so that we can join in with the rest of the world (sinners).

Its like some think why do only the healthy and wealthy get to sin.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i posted this in the other thread and i think it would apply to this one to so
heres my 2 cents..

"most people who deny God or claim he doesnt exist have parasitic relationships with God rather they know it or not. theyre only reason or excuse is why doesnt he heal this, or help that or do this. everything is gimme gime gimee take take take. what have you done for God lately for him to heal you or help in a situation.

do you tithe 10%? do you live your life right or are you out doing everything the worlds way?
do you believe and listen to what is said in the bible and that it IS the word of God or are you complaining about it was written by man and God had nothing to do with it?
do you accept Jesus christ as your lord and savior and are born again or are you saying there is no proof he existd or rose from the dead?
are you helping your fellow man or are you contributing to the problem?

God isnt just going to bow down and answer every prayer, every problem, and every pain you have. thats not how it works and thats not how its intended to be.

there are special cases in which things do happen to people that is not Gods will for their life but just because something bad happens doesnt mean God cant turn it into a positive if you let him and have FAITH. "

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

I wonder if God gave us everything we asked for. Would we really thank him and live a better life. Or would we thank him so that we can join in with the rest of the world (sinners).

Its like some think why do only the healthy and wealthy get to sin.

i think that ties into what i said also, if everyone got what they wanted who would sincerly thank God or live their life right or do anything i meantened above. BUT.. i do believe if you do all these things ive mentioned you will be blessed with things such as money, good job and promotions ect... becaue you will have an understanding of were it comes from and the work it takes and be thankful and give God he praise instead of taking root in the worlds ways and thinking its you right to have it.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Bean328]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bean328

Right on the money!

People who seek to discredit the bible and God/Jesus in general are forgetting the point entirely. It's not about the source or the means to which the message came to be... It's about the message itself. There is truth in all scriptures around the world, regardless of who wrote them or who inspired them.

Instead of asking God for everything, we should be thanking him for everything he has given us. We all have free will, and we all live on a planet that has the resources to sustain EVERYONE! People should be asking him to help them remember he is always there, that we have nothing to fear, and most importantly, that we are never alone.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

God always planned to do the job through you Monts...
...so how are you going with that?

Lots of us here are waiting for your help.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why won't God heal amputees, feed the hungry, and fix the world??

I think these problems can be all be solved and are within our capabilities, Feeding the hungry could be relatively easy if we reprioritised our objectives, healing amputees could be difficult but with enough research and testing i'm sure we as a species could achieve it. Fixing the world is a bit general for me, in what way do you mean fix the world. Fix it to suit humans or just solve out problems in general. Personally i don't believe in a God in the convential way, that he is a man or man like. Although i do believe everything is too perfectly in balance to be the result of an accident. I believe in a higher power but i don't think were high on its/thats list of things to fix

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Howeird

By fixing the world, I generally mean answer all the prayers people send him every day. End world hunger, war, corruption, sickness, poverty, global warming, anything that is seen as a threat or inconvenience to people.

I agree that God is a generally misunderstood concept. I honestly believe God to be something so transcendent and inconceivable/indescribable to the human mind that it is almost pointless to try and understand. It is simply there, and exists, just like us. I call it "God" and refer to it as "him" simply for conventional means. I do believe, however, that we are all connected to him, and he does care for us. We are all one and the same in God, just as it has been said for the ages; to love others is to love God. Receiving Love from others is receiving love from God.

I think a good description of God comes from Michael Newton's Journey of Souls : God is like a steam train engine. We are all on board, heading somewhere down the tracks of life. We can't see the engine, but we know it is there; we can smell the smoke.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I have always believed that we are all part of a grand plan, a plan with numerous outcomes depending on the choices we make. The most important message is that God is within everyone, and we have nothing to fear. He is always listening, and will answer any question you have, whether you realize it or not.

For instance, I had recently been wondering about the true nature of reality, the universe, the mind, and the soul. This burning desire to link everything together. I was surfing youtube, came across a video that mentioned a book. I went out, rented the book, and it was literally the EXACT answer I had been looking for! Although that is a big, single example, I think that we are given answers all the time, even if we don't realize it. We simply have to look closer, and make the link.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

An episode of Futurama touches just this subject superbly.

Plot
During a noisy space pirate attack, Bender—trying to find some peace and quiet in a torpedo tube—is launched into interstellar space beyond the reach of Fry and Leela. After an asteroid crashes into Bender, a civilization of tiny humanoids ("Shrimpkins") grows on him and worships him as a god. At first, Bender enjoys his new-found status, picking a prophet named Malakai and having Malakai bring "The One Commandment" ("God Needs Booze") from "Up High" (Bender's head) to the Shrimpkins, who brew what for them are vast quantities of "Lordweiser" beer. The Shrimpkins begin praying for rain, sun, and wealth, and Bender attempts to heed their prayers—failing and unintentionally harming the Shrimpkins in the process. Eventually, Malakai tells him that the Shrimpkins who migrated to his backside felt their prayers were unheeded and became atheists. The atheists threaten war with Bender's worshippers. Bender, aware that attempts to help the Shrimpkins so far only harmed them, refuses to intervene. The micro-civilization is destroyed when the Shrimpkin factions launch atomic weapons out of Bender's nuclear pile. Malakai remains faithful to Bender during the war and it saddens Bender when Malakai and his family are killed by a nuclear weapon.

Bender soon meets a cosmic entity who is alluded to be God and recounts his experiences. "God" notes that the best way to deal with worshippers is to use a light touch so they will neither lose hope nor become dependent on supernatural intervention, saying, "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Meanwhile, Fry and Leela search for a way to locate Bender, which leads them to a sect of monks who use a radio telescope to search for God in space. Leela overpowers and locks up the pacifist monks and Fry spends the next three days searching for Bender. Fry finds "God" by accident, and "God" flings Bender back to Earth just as Fry and Leela are leaving the monastery, causing Leela to exclaim that "This is, by a wide margin, the least likely thing that has ever happened." Bender quickly recounts his tale ("First I was God, then I met God!") and Fry boasts they "climbed up a mountain and locked up some monks," which reminds Leela that they never let them out. Fry is reluctant to return to the monastery and claims that God will surely help them. Bender tells them that God cannot be counted on for anything, and demands they rescue the monks themselves. The camera zooms out from Earth, past planets, through space, and back to God, who chuckles and repeats his advice: "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Wikipedia Entry: Futurama Godfellas

God: Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you, and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch. Like a safecracker, or a pickpocket.
Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!
God: Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

And i found it hillarious that when Bender asked "God" to send him back to Earth Bender had to remind "God" where Earth was.

But it is true, we do come to depend a little too much on those that help us at times and that's without the one providing the "help" being a deity capable of alot more than we are.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

That is a perfect analogy Watcher! Thank you for sharing it.

I just love it when some of the most deep, meaningful messages are conveyed by the some of the means that you would expect to be the last to do so.

top topics

join