It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCITING NEW TECH: Programmable Magnets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Feeling the invisible force of magnets has always mystified me.
Lots of the answers and discussion here goes clear over my head.
I wonder what the guys working on this stuff could be inspired to do, if they knew and read this post. they might be so involved with development that
some of the maybe relevant things discussed here, does not even come to their mind.
it would be great with one of those guys here.

During reading the posts, i imagined the possibility to place powerful magnets
in the engines in use today. Would it be possible to place magnets in the top of the pistons and magnets in the top of the engine repelling their counterpart.
would that help gain power without using extra fuel, once the engine is started

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is definitely huge. Programmable power-transformers, customized instrument pickups, more powerful and efficent speakers, revolutions in wireless xmsn and signal theory.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Emiiiiiil

That's actually a really good idea.

Some of the force from the piston firing, turns the a shaft, that sets up the next piston to fire. So basically some of the power we generate go torwards setting up the environment for the next cycle of power generation. This magnet setup you are suggesting would greatly increase the efficiency of a motor.

Now if TPTB and the oilmen let this technology slip into American manufactured cars is another story.

I have always been fascinated by magnets as well. It never made sense to me how magnets, in the right situation, will create a continual force and why it hasn't been harnessed for energy generation.
[edit on 11/27/2009 by VonDoomen]

[edit on 11/27/2009 by VonDoomen]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a CIA/MIL offspring company

But seriously, I really think this tech is going to change the way we look at mechanics.. Frictionless gears, etc.. The possibilities are almost limitless.

If I weren't a penniless drunken fu**up, Id buy some stocks asap...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is proof that we the public sector are behind the military in technology about 50 years or more. They had mono rail trains that used these magnets installed in the deep underground military bases back in the 50s. They still operate today and today its trans-atlantic.

This is a very interesting thread to say the least, but it is old news, just publicly revealed now. That Bulgarian Alien disclosure aswell was "revealed" to the public. I think we are being prepared for a major counter intelligence event, beware and dont trust the media as juicy as the story may seem. Things are beginning to make sense now in some indescribable way, it makes sense that everyone I know has felt "weird" or "strange" since September 2009.

Ive seen things with a crowd of people as witnesses on Halloween night, in the sky of course. I use to train to be a pilot (stopped due to funds, doesn't matter), all I am saying is...I know air traffic at night, what they look like, starboard (green) and port (red) lights etc. All I can say is, something is happening right now that is leading up to something, an event, a propaganda event...completely different to 9/11. This time, they are going to attack your mind, your sanity...and sanity is easily broken within the masses by very simple things, yet outrageous.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by the_denv]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

You seem to be very interested in this topic. I want to put forth an Idea I had recently to you, and see what you think.

when considering free energy and these devices, we often talk about the energy we have to put into a system, in order for that system to produce energy.

What if we are looking at it wrong? what if one of the things we should be looking at is using, reusable energy resources (wind, solar) to provide the initial energy to a system. Although, technically its not free energy, its comes from the wind or sun. But it doesn't require continual use of human energy to fund it (oil, coil). And thats really what we are concerned about. Using human energy versus energy from the sun, which isnt dependent on humans.

Im not saying it would be FREE-ENERGY, but it would greatly reduce the burdens of producing energy.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sorry that my question was vague. I had only had a little recollection on the article in Scientific American Mind that talked about quantum computing and emulating the workings of the brain. The issue was that the neurons (processors) were unable to keep their state. I would have liked to post this article in a thread itself, but it was a magazine article.

I have read other posts, and I agree to the statement that mathematics and engineering are two different aims - I think I may agree to that because of something I had watched on Dilbert. Like, Dilbert trying to example what free energy had meant while Wally had kept talking about how much effort would have to come from walking over and flicking the switch.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well the problem with wind and solar is that the wind doesn't blow all the time and the sun doesn't shine all the time. For reliable power generation you need something that is able to work 24/7. Not saying that Wind and Solar doesn't have its place because it does its just not reliable. Also it is the conversion factor you have to look at too, wind and solar will only be able to produce so much energy and then you look at a decrease in efficiency when you covert it into usable energy.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think the climate changing is a kind of blessing in disguise, it has forced us all to think outside the box.
But it seems that focus is on inventing totally new and exotic ways to help us out. Its not a bad thing,but many technologies that has already been invented
are being ignored.
Just reducing the weight of a car by using plantfibers ect. for the body and ceramics for the engine could reduce fuel consumption, i bet if many scrapped
ideas was re-evaluated the combined knowledge would beat everything build today.
I myself being without any knowledge what so ever on the technical aspects,
could see many points where my idea of a magnetassisted combustion engine
would fail, weight of the pistons/heat being a few, but that is just guesswork for my part.
If i can come up with ideas that makes half sense,there is big hope for the really clever people out there.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Emiiiiiil

www.hempcar.org...

"Ford recognized the utility of the hemp plant. He constructed a car of resin stiffened hemp fiber, and even ran the car on ethanol made from hemp. Ford knew that hemp could produce vast economic resources if widely cultivated."

If just 6% of the US landmass were used to grow industrial hemp for biofuel it would provide enough biofuel to run all of americas cars.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by LordBucket

I didnt want to be the one say it, because the 2nd law of thermodynamics people will come here and copy and paste a bunch of reasons why it wouldnt work.

But thats what I was trying to point out.

Frictionless gears.

Technically it was impossible for their to be "frictionless" anything, as that would be a free-energy concept. Friction being one of the things that would prevent free energy in some applications. Thats why Wind turbines cease to spin without wind. Because of friction, among other things.

I hate to say it, but surely after so many frauds and not a single verifiable success the jury must rule in favor of the second law. I'm all for breaking it, I just want to see it before I believe it! Why would you believe before you see, given all that has come before?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

I agree. The devil is in the details.

You have to look at how these special magnets achieve their unique properties. Do they need some sort of excitement via an external source? How much power is needed to create the desired effect?

As for "free energy", even if you can get two magnets to spin freely and without friction, add a load to it such as for electrical generation, and you add resistance, and lessen efficiency greatly.

Eliminating friction on bearings is one thing, but producing useful work is quite another. I'm not saying that this isn't a huge leap forward, but it may also just be another baby step. I'll reserve my enthusiasm for demonstrable results.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join