It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Grid Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I had to share this with ATS. I hope it is in the right spot. Mods please move if you need to.

Watch the video at the link below and see the blatant lies and propaganda involved here.

We have been told the new Smart Grid was being built to allow us to connect renewable power sources to it. We were also told this was in the stimulus to create additional jobs.

This is all a lie.

This is being done so the power company will not have to send out someone to read your meter.

This will lose jobs across the country.

Why are we paying for the power company to install meters they should have installed decades ago?

This is sickening.

www.popsci.com...

The article is biased, you have to watch the video.

Sad, So Sad!

Edited 'All Caps' in title

[edit on 7/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I like your take on things with this thread.

*S&F*

Did you really believe this guy when he said he's creating more jobs? As we all watch the unemployment rise weekly?

The only jobs liberals create are for the gov't. Period.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Smart grid.

Translation-the US taxpayer pays for upgrades to the system so power companies can charge you more.

Only in the US can you make your customer pay for company improvements.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Boy ain't that the truth!!!

Same thing with Healthcare, Obama wants us to buy computers for a trillion dollar a year industry.

I think they can afford their own computers.

Like you said, the customer is paying for company improvements.

Insane!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I agree with you. The thing is that this has more to do with GE and paying them back for all the favors they have done for Obama.

We all know that utilities would start installing this stuff themselves over time as it becomes more and more cost effective, but hey the goverment doesnt worry about paying too much because it is your money.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you have any info on the GE Obama connection.

And are they making the new tech for these meters. Because the initial funding seems to be going to a bunch of different versions to test.

I wonder how he is connected with this group:

Battelle Memorial Institute

They have their fingers in everything and make 8.5 billion a year and are a non profit!

I want to create me one of those?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

Here you go

While many companies hire lobbyists to win earmarks, General Electric’s unmatched lobbying force has secured a tax increase — or its equivalent — in President Barack Obama’s budget.

Labeled “climate revenues” and totaling $646 billion over eight years, this line item in Obama’s budget has inspired confidence in GE Chief Executive Officer Jeff Immelt. As Immelt put it in a letter this week, he believes that the Obama administration will be a profitable “financier” and “key partner.”

Source

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Your tax dollars at work!!!

Why are the meter readers not protesting.

Someone needs to roganize them.

Then again they probably knew this was coming.

They should have installed communication meters long ago.

I am just upset that my tax dollars are buying new equipment for the power company under the lie they are creating more jobs when it will cost jobs.

They lie!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It is hard to believe more poeple are not upset about this.

People just don't read between the lines. They hear the smart grid si for connecting green energy to it and automatically think it is a good thing.

This will cost jobs and waste our tax payer dollars on something the power comapnies whould be doing for themselves.

Now I hear about the 350 milion for clean coal. Make the greedy power companies buy their own equipment by mandating it.

Same thing with buying computers for the trillion dallar medical industry. Hello they can afford their own cumputers, mandate it.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No, the smart grid has been talked about for decades, because the current method used across most of the world is ridiculously slow to adapt to changes. If rates of power production vary across two ends of a stretch of grid, resulting in a net need in one end, and a net surplus at another, it is currently not possible to rearrange the transfer of electricity, meaning power is simply lost. Not to mention the leakage across the lines. With renewable energy, such as solar, wind, or tidal, production levels fluctuate constantly throughout the day. So does demand. And so, the current grid, in its ages-old stupidity, slings around power in the most inefficient way, wasting most of the savings we make by using these more sustainable, cleaner energy sources.

Sure, the electricity company might have to read your meter, but if you think that is the reason why smart grids are being planned around the world, you are sorely mistaken, ignorant of the subject, or just straight-up paranoid.

It'll end up being cheaper for everyone if we don't waste so much electricity, and can use the electricity we have more efficiently.

top topics

join