It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Quietly Backs Patriot Act Provisions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The government is compelled to continuously repeal our freedoms (our inalienable rights) under the guise that they are simply borrowing them in order to provide us with security. If we throw a tantrum over this and get our freedoms back, that would only provide them with another opportunity to stage a false flag attack that would immediately revoke our freedoms again! We never get them back. It's a travesty. Our freedoms are stuck in a metaphorical quicksand! Can someone please throw us a stick? Something. Anything.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
He came in believing he could make American a better place. He found out that in Washington the only America that matters is the corporate one.

I have to disagree. If his goal was truly to make America a better place for it's people, he would never have come in to begin with. Our corporate rulers won't let anybody near the whitehouse who may be a threat to them. Not anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Surprised? I don't know how. Look at whom he sorounded himself with. This has been the plan from the start.
There has been a few that have scream this from the beggining, and are the same one's that fought Bush.
Nobody listens until it's too late.

Of course we all know this just comes from people that are Racist, Extreme Anti-Government Terrorists.

Sometimes it's easier to see the field when you don't have a horse in the race. I am 45 and have not had a President that I cared for yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by loam

Why do you think I gave my vote to Obama in the last elections, because I was impressed by his intelligence and his willingness to fight for us the littler people, but guess what once he step in Washington and learned to take his place in the power hierarchy he found out that in Washington he is not the one calling the shots

So sad, my friend that our doer and man of change has been castrated by the real power behind his seat.

You gave your vote because you thought he was for the little people? The only one he has ever fought for was himself. Who spends 800 million dollars to make 250,000 a year? A power hungry fear mongering lie master.

You think he is going change things? Sure he will, for the worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Duh. No offense directed at you, OP. Thanks for bringing this to light, but I thought this was all a done deal months ago. Maybe I just dreamed it.

New boss. Old boss. Same ole same ole. Except the treasury is empty and so the tax breaks can't stay the same. The king needs the money to continue with the agenda.

Speaking of the tax breaks for the rich.........I watched Bill Maher a few years ago. Well, more than a few, it was a bit after the "tax breaks for the rich" that GWB engineered. The administration proclaimed it a success. So Maher spouts off about how if it's such a success, then why continue it? Well, duh, if it's successful, then let it continue and there will be more success. But, no. It wasn't successful. Maher missed this completely. The spending increased, offsetting the benefits. A tool. That is what he is. Lowered taxes? Yay! It works? Oh, let's stop it. He said, while wanting to increase spending.

Meanwhile, we are distracted by the false global warming crap, the Nobel Peace Prize crap for a job yet to be done, ......argh! I say!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm continually aghast at the surprise shown by anyone who thinks this time it would be different. We have seen time and time again how there is no real right or left. We've seen how politics has been manipulating us with the illusion of choice and difference. Yet still people say " i just don't get it, he said he'd do this or that ".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
This really isn't a surprise to a lot of us that support him. Obama was never a liberal. He was always more right of central. Which is why he appealed to a lot of Americans who were disgusted by the Republicans beeline to the extreme right over the last decade.

It actually amuses me that the Republicans still have this fantasy of the Obama supporters actually thinking he was a liberal. The voters would have gone for the green party candidate if they actually wanted a liberal president.

Clearly you aren't talking about Obama, the man named "most liberal person in the senate", whose views were far more left than anyone else that ran for president last time. The guy is far from a centrist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko
Exactly. He came in believing he could make American a better place. He found out that in Washington the only America that matters is the corporate one.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one. If Obama really wanted change, it would have been possible.

The problem in Washington is that you can't get anything accomplished unless you're paying somebody, agreeing to their ridiculous terms -- basically giving into whatever / whomever has the biggest paycheck donatable to your current "fund".

I, personally, would have rather had a President address the nation and say: "I'm sorry that I've yet to be able to pass the legislation I want to -- that I promised the American people I would -- but i refuse to make concessions to companies/corporations/politicians that do not have the American People's best interest in mind, but rather are focusing solely on their bottom line and lining their pockets."

That is something I could get behind.
I would rather a President accomplish nothing, and maintain his campaign promises [the reason he got into office in the first place], than completely forget they were ever made and leave the people that put him into office fearing what his pen will take away from us next.

Enough, my friends, is enough.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me.
But then again, I am not surprised by anything the Government does anymore. You could tell me that the Government just killed half the population of D.C. in cold blood and I would just wonder when people are going to wake the hell up and realize that they are a completely rouge organization that basically epitomizes the concept of evil.

Also, Obama is not a centrist. He is a raging liberal.
I guess some don't understand that Big Government (Universal Health Care) is the very definition of liberal Governance.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Obama lied on everything so far. It makes me wonder why people even trust politicians. They are all liars, cheaters, and they all crave for POWER.

The ongoing wars, the ongoing deception... US citizens are getting fed up big time. What will it take to change public opinion? People forget so fast, it's not even funny. But some don't forget, see pics below...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/731af8d14668.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add another photo:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1db867f90aa.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-11-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What? No signing ceremony in the Rose Garden?

The Patriot Act should remain?
It looks like George W. Bush was right.

When is the Michael Moore movie coming out about this Obama story???
- Obama is Pro Patriot Act -

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
One can make some pretty good assumptions about who and what someone is by taking a look at who they associate with and who they appoint to cabinet level positions. There is no doubt about "continuity of government" since the Bush administration ended and there is no doubt about who Obama works for. So far he has been fully supportive of the "corporatist" agenda for America.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i wish they would report this IMPORTANT STUFF in the news

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Wow...no voices of sanity left on ATS?...

Doesn't anyone read carefully and think anymore?

But with the apparent approval of the Obama White House and a number of Republicans – and over the objections of liberal Senate Democrats including Russ Feingold of Wisconsin and Dick Durbin of Illinois – the Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to extend the three provisions with only minor changes.

My question is...to anybody here with a brain left...what does "apparent approval" mean? and what were the "minor changes"?

Because those terms speak to opinion, skew and bias.

Is no one actually going to look into it and find the truth?...whichever way it leads?

Because I am growing tired of being the one to find out what is beneath the BS.

NONE OF US should take this kind of article at face value...Democrat or Republican.

What does "apparent approval" mean?
What were the "minor changes"?

THINK!!

....ooops, sorry, I thought I was on the AYS of years past.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
hi guys, im from the uk and i feel sorry for all of you. IMO you only got obama as president so when inevitably one of you guys try to shoot him the main stream media can deflect from the real issue's and blame the racists for it. we are gearing up for an election here in th UK in the next 6 months and we will have a switch of government. will it make a shred of difference ? not a chance. incidently how many americans know that our PM in waiting David Cameron is the Queens cousin ? i wish people would either abstain from voting or vote independant and throw the whole obsolete system into chaos

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The real screwed up thing is that this charlatan is kissing the rear ends of corporations which do not create American jobs. These clowns have outsourced all the jobs and have left Americans high and dry. If the electorate continues to support these corrupt and disreputable political parties, they'll just be dragged further down into the sewer.

Along with the manufactured wars and the torturing, the Patriot Act has succeeded in turning the USA into a long running hypocritical joke. What good is all your military might if you do not respect human rights? It's like the bully in the schoolyard - all brawn and no brains.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, I'd say I'm surprised

but I'd be lying.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by inthesticks]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by william76
incidently how many americans know that our PM in waiting David Cameron is the Queens cousin ?

Gee, sounds familiar. Almost all of our presidents are direct descendants of Charlemagne and another former king of England.

So what happens when you elect a black man? Nothing changes! They're ALL related!

7th-Grader: Obama, Most US Presidents Related
Girl, Grandfather Allegedly Create First President Family Tree Chart

SALINAS, Calif. -- A seventh-grader and her 80-year-old grandfather are allegedly the first people to discover that President Barack Obama is related to all other U.S. presidents except one.

BridgeAnne d'Avignon, who attends Monte Vista Christian School in Watsonville, traced that Obama, and all other U.S. presidents except Martin Van Buren, are related to John "Lackland" Plantagenet, a king of England and signer of the Magna Carta.

The student and her grandfather, who is a genealogist, spent this past summer designing the first known family tree chart in history that shows the presidents' direct relationship. BridgeAnne's grandfather has researched president genealogy for 60 years.

"I'm very glad I got this done, and I think it will turn out to be a success," BridgeAnne said.

www.ksbw.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
because I was impressed by his intelligence and his willingness to fight for us the littler people

Every politician in history has sold this line in some way. His intelligence cannot be ascertained by reading other people's words. I said this last year, and I was called a racist amongst other things.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why doesn't Obama enforce anti-trust laws?
Why doesn't Obama end the war?
Why DOES Obama give banks trillions?
Why DOES Obama cater to corporations?
Why DOES Obama play more golf than even BUSH while soldiers DIE on his watch?

Stop sticking up for this man and start demanding he do the things he was supposedly voted in for! I can respect disagreements with people...and often it can challenge my own thinking.

But to see so many ignore Obama's glaring faults and lies...when he could easily come out on television right now and tell the truth...lay it all on the line and gain the respect of millions...he won't.

Why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join