It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second coming of Jesus? when will it happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think we always have been in those perpetual 7 years and we always will wait for the second coming.....

Deep

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
With everything going on in the world right now, I hopes it's soon. Is is just me or do things seem screwed up beyond repair?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlterEgo
With everything going on in the world right now, I hopes it's soon. Is is just me or do things seem screwed up beyond repair?

Not beyond repair no. But its gonna take a heck of a lot of work and I hope people start to repair it soon, or we might just see jesus a lot sooner than I personally want too....LOL

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why should we wait for Jesus to repair this world ? These wars are a effect of our causes, we should repair and stabalize, not wait from some messiah to fly from the heavens.

Deep

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If he does return lets hope he dosn`t in America don`t want a repeat of last time

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It's not about waiting for Jesus to do it, the question is about whether it's already beyond our ability.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If we created it, we can destroy it.

Deep

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
[quote]The second coming of Jesus? when will it happen?[quote]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say......never.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
We all are sharing the suffering right now or maybe youre not. From the sky he has come and anti-in greek lexicon (the king james bible was translated largely from the Septugiant or Greek bible)
means other than not opposite of or to. The bride perhaps.....his other side or union spirit as his female half perhaps. It has begun as it always was in the wings....It is just my opinion though. I just have faith and hope living as to be charitable. Who knows maybe men are women and think women are men and women are men and think men are women. I hope the mirror works properly thats all....

[Edited on 5/23/04 by Lucifer]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Pisky
The Bible says that Jesus will return in the same manner as he left.
Can anyone explain how exactly he did that ? In other words, how is he due to return ? From the air or from being born to another 'Mary' ?
How will we recognise him ?

I thought the bible stated that Jesus would return "like a thief in the night"? Forgive me as it has been quite a while since I read the thing. Lots of violence, but not enough steamy romance for me.

I am a christian and am saved and have given my life to Christ. I read and study the Bible so my answers will come from that and my relationship with God. Christ left with a physical body consisting of body, soul and spirit. He will return in that body. He left the earth and returned to heaven. He will leave heaven and return to the earth. People saw Him visibly leave. People will see Him visibly return. There is probably more that I haven't learned yet, but so far this is what I know.

You mentioned that Christ is to come like a thief in the night. This deals with the fact that you never know when a thief is going to come. It is unexpected. Christ's coming will be unexpected. I believe this is mainly a prophecy concerning the rapture (true christians being removed before the tribulation period. There are many Bible passages confirming this.) A thief comes, takes what he wants and leaves. The house or business he came to has be altered and changed and something is missing. Christ will return unexpectedly for the church and return to heaven, taking us with Him. The world is going to be an altered and changed place and millions will be missing. If I were to guess a number from studying and learning, that will be missing from all the nations of the world, my guess would be 10%. So in a world of 6 billion people, 600 million would be removed from the earth by this event.

No person can know the day or hour when He will return, the Bible tells us that. But it also says we can know when it is getting near. We are to look for moral and physical conditions and way them against scripture. This is an indicater for His return.

Some people have set dates to see them come and go, thus skepticism results to the point that people say, see He's not coming. The prediction of these scoffers can be read about in 2 Peter ch. 3. Remember people set the dates not God, so people were wrong, not God.

I can tell you why in human terms its been 2000 plus years. God has patience and wants none to perish and everyday more and more people are saved. One day that patience will end. There are a couple of places in the Bible where we have a hint at the time frame for His return. 2 Peter tells us that 1 day to God is like a 1000 years to a person, and 1000 years like a day. We are told in Hosea ch. 6 that God will revive Israel after 2 days(2000 years). This has already taken place officially in 1948, although it started in the late 1890's. Then in Hosea it says, "in the 3rd day He will raise us up that we shall live in His sight". With the discrepency in the calendar we can't be certain when the 3rd millenium has begun, but we have to realize that it is generally now.

Another hint is given in Luke 10, where we have the story of the good samaritan. It is a story of how we are to act and live, but it is also the history of man in a nutshell and also prophecy. The man who was injured talks of mankind(Adam) and the fall that has occurred. The good samaritan is Jesus Christ who came and bound up the man's wounds pouring in oil and wine.(wine- His shed blood for the forgiveness of sins. Oil- believers then receive the Holy Spirit at salvation.) The man was taken to an inn(this refers to christians and how we are to care for those in the world and help to heal them spiritually) The innkeeper was given 2 pence to care for the man while the Good Samaritan was gone. When the Good Samaritan returned he would repay the innkeeper for the extra care given that hadn't been paid for. 2 pence was 2 days wages. A day with the Lord is like a thousand years. So for 2000 years the church would have what it needed to live in this world. The Good Samaritan knew He would be gone at least 2 Days(Christ came 2000 years ago and has been gone for roughly that same amount of time.) When Christ returns christians are rewarded for what they have done. This coincides with the repayment for extras that the innkeeper would receive. So you see, Christ is not at all late, and things are right on God's schedule.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
this is an interesting thread so im bumping it back up.
Some good information was posted

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Of course it will be soon..........its time for a new book.

The bible is wonderful so please dont think I am saying other wise. It just does not pertain to us any more. Many of us I am sure have asked God for guidence, because the bible does not cover how to deal with our problems, or life styles. Several others are digging deep into it trying to find some sort of message be it a code or a prophetic message that has to do with us. We have reached the last page of this book and it is almost time for a new one. God loves us, he wont let us down.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join