It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HARRY_READ_ME: New bombshell document on global warming leaked!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Honestly, if you want to convince anyone of anything...

GROW UP!!

Your childish name calling and general lack of intelligent conversation is unbearable to read.

Just take a look at some of the threads Electric Universe, before you criticise his understanding of the science.

You have shown you're googling techniques are adequate to find information you know little about, and thats about it.

Also please stick to the topic.

If you want to put forward your case of AGW, check out Electric Universe's thread
Peer Reviewed Scientific Research That Refutes Anbthropogenic Global Warming and More

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Curious and Concerned]

link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Oh, its mister show me proof again. Gee, I think I called that one in the earlier posts about you. I've shown you tons of proof. IT's just that, my proof doesn't have any pop-up books that makes it simplistic enough for your brain to process...

But, lets have another look...

Team 19 Barranca Mesa Elementary Effect of Oil Spills on Marine Life Anna Zerkle, Jing Xie, Eliana Riciputi
Problem statement We want to see how marine life is affected by oil spills and what sorts of
things can change the result of an oil spill. We want to learn about what happens to various animals in marine life including birds. One of the main reasons we chose this topic is because we are worried about marine life. We want to find out how the affected marine life can be helped and how much time there is to do it before the marine life all dies. For example, does it matter how long it takes to clean up oil out of the water? We have done research on how marine life is affected and how different ways can be used to clean it up, like containment booms and oil skimmers.
We hope to learn if marine life is affected most by direct poisoning from the oil or poisoning from the food they eat that has been tainted by the oil. We also want know what part of the food chain is mostly hurt by oil spills. We would like to research past oil spills and their impact, different plant and animal effects, and past clean-up efforts and effects. We will study the internet for information about marine life, including fish, plants, birds, and mammals.
We will use StarLogo TNG to try to model all this and get results. We would like to learn about programming as we go along.
Oil spills can harm the fish, making them not able to reproduce, so their species could die off. Birds feathers could get really slimy, making them not being able to fly.
Persistent oils contain a good amount of heavy fractions or high-boiling materials, and has toxicity to marine animals. Shoreline cleanup has to be well organized or the situation could turn out to be worse. It is usually carried out in stages, starting with removing the heaviest of the oil. Containment is when you put out booms in the water to keep the oil from spreading. The environment cleans only ten to fifteen percent of the oil spill naturally by evaporation, dispersion, dissolution, and sedimentation.
Computational and Mathematical Agent-based Model We model the oil spill and marine life using StarLogo TNG. The model has
agents for the oil, the fish, the birds, and the plankton. We have one island in our model, surrounded by ocean. The oil spill happens right by the island. Here are the basic rules for the agents in our model:
• birds always fly near the island. • birds stay alive so long as they don't touch too much oil. • birds can be rescued if they get oil on them. • oil spreads out on the surface of the ocean. • oil can be contained near the island. • oil can be removed from the ocean near the island. • plankton swim around in the ocean.
• plankton die when they touch oil, then sink to the bottom. • plankton reproduce continuously. • fish swim around in the ocean losing energy. • fish eat plankton.
• fish gain energy when they eat healthy plankton. • fish lose energy when they eat plankton killed by oil. • fish lose energy when they touch oil. • fish reproduce if they have enough energy.
By varying parameters for these rules in our model, we could learn what affects the animal agents, what kills them, or how they can be saved. Code
We wrote our computer program using StarLogo TNG. We found two projects on the Starlogo TNG website that will help us get started; the epidemic simulation, and the fish and plankton simulation. The epidemic simulation did not help very much, but we use parts of the fish and plankton code in our model. We had to add birds and oil and all the rules.
Figure 1 StarLogo screen with the oil spreading and removal Procedures.
Figure 2 StarLogo screen showing the Forever loops.
Figure 1 shows an example of the oil agent procedures. The first one is for oil spreading, and shows how it can be contained. It is contained if the IF test has a number less then 50, so the oil stays in a box near the middle of the space where
the island is. Figure 2 shows the Forever loop that tells all the agents what Procedures to do. Results and Conclusions
We ran a whole bunch of cases to see what things matter the most. To start we just let the fish swim around eating plankton with no oil. There were about 300-400 fish alive after things settled down. Next we let the oil spread around and poison plankton, but not fish or birds. All the fish eventually died because they didn't have enough plankton to eat. Next we let the fish be poisoned by touching oil and eating poisoned plankton. All the fish still died, only faster. Next we contained the oil to a box 30 x 30 near the island. all the fish still died, but it took pretty long. We made the box smaller (14x14), and then the fish survived, but had a smaller number alive, which was about 200-250. If we contained the oil in a 30 x 30 box, then skimmed oil out of the box, the fish survived and went back up to 300-400 after all the oil was gone. If we just let the oil spread around, but removed it near the island, the fish survived at a small number for a while, then ended up back at 300-400. If you don't remove the oil fast enough, all the fish still die.
Trying to rescue the birds did not work. If there is still oil around, the birds still die. We have to clean off every bird all the time to keep them alive. Containing the oil doesn't help. The birds stay near the island anyway, and get slimed. The only way to save the birds was to remove the oil pretty fast, and rescue them right away.

link   

Tell us Mr "evolvedministry".... If phytoplankton are dying so much WHY IN THE WORLD THERE HAVE BEEN INCREASES IN FREQUENCY AND DISTRIBUTION SINCE THE 1980s?......

Humm, what were you saying Mr. "evolvedministry"?.....

Blooms, Red Tides, and Toxicity

Phytoplankton blooms in general, and toxic blooms in particular, have been increasing in frequency and distribution worldwide since the 1980s.

pubs.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hey electric...this is more of your speed. The link has pictures and it doesn't even require a password.

library.thinkquest.org...

Here's some more stuff concerning phytoplankton, mr...show me proof.

link

Oh...and if your brain can process this...here you go:

FARALLONES MARINE SANCTUARY ASSOCIATION P.O. BOX 29386 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94129 (415) 561-6625 www.farallones.org
Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary
copyright 2002

Introduction to the Coastal Ecosystem Curriculum
The Gulf of the Farallones is a dynamic coastal region with a very rich biological community. Many high school students living less than 20 miles from the Pacific coast are unaware of this complex and unique ecosystem located just outside of the Golden Gate. This Coastal Ecosystem Curriculum provides activities and a monitoring project to engage high school students in learning about the marine environment in their backyard.
This curriculum focuses on the coastal ecosystem in the Gulf of the Farallones. Birds, the sandy beach, and oceanographic currents are all connected in this ecosystem. One goal of this curriculum is to teach high school students about the natural connections in the ecosystem and how humans fit into the ecosystem. Sand crabs, the focus of the monitoring project, are prey for birds yet sometimes they carry parasites or domoic acid from plankton which can injure and kill birds. Oil spills can impact all organisms, and it is the oceanographic conditions that move oil and plankton. By understanding the connections in the Gulf of the Farallones, high school students can develop skills to become stewards of the ocean.
The water surrounding the Farallon Islands off the California coastline is protected and managed by the Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary (NMS). Designated in 1981, the Sanctuary consists of offshore marine regions of the Gulf of the Farallones and the water up to the high tide line from Bodega Bay to Rocky Point. Of the thirteen National Marine Sanctuaries, San Francisco Bay residents are lucky to have three Sanctuaries protecting the coastal water so close to their homes. Cordell Bank NMS borders to the north and west of the Gulf of the Farallones NMS and Monterey Bay NMS protects the waters bordering the Gulf of the Farallones NMS south to Cambria.
The geological landscape under the water sets the scene for the Gulf and impacts the flow of the water. The Gulf of the Farallones is on the continental shelf, with the steep continental slope less than 30 miles from the shoreline. Seasonal winds drive currents and mixing, resulting in three oceanographic seasons. The life cycles of the animals living in the region are tied to the oceanographic conditions.
The upwelling season of spring and summer is driven by the northerly winds. In the activity entitled “Coastal Ocean Upwelling,” students will examine real oceanographic data and observe how surface winds impact the Gulf of the Farallones. Cold, nutrient rich water is brought to the surface by the upwelling of deeper water. Phytoplankton use the upwelled nutrients along with the sunlight in photosynthesis and growth to form the base of the region’s food web. From phytoplankton to zooplankton to fish, birds, and marine mammals, the energy is transferred from one trophic level to the next. There is great biological diversity and abundance – 36 species of marine mammals, more than 300,000 seabirds, and 30 endangered and threatened species – in the Gulf of the Farallones. In the Food Web unit, students learn about the connections between the trophic levels of the open waters of the Gulf of the Farallones, while in the Sandy Beach unit they examine coastal animals.
In the late summer and early fall, the winds die down and upwelling stops. This is called the relaxation period. Many marine mammals such as humpback and blue whales migrate to the region to feed on the abundant zooplankton krill during the summer and fall. The abundant seal population around the Farallon Islands attracts one of the largest concentration of white sharks in the world during the fall. Other animals, such as gelatinous zooplankton, also become very abundant during this season.
Beginning in November, winter storms dominate the region. The ocean water is well mixed, moving phy- toplankton deeper, into darker water and reducing their growth. Sandy beaches change shape as the rough waters transport sand and sand crabs offshore. Students can measure the shape of beach slope as described in the Beach Profile Survey activity to see seasonal changes. The winter storm season lasts until about February when the strong northerly winds begin again and the cycle starts over with spring upwelling.
Students can make their own discoveries and become stewards of the marine environment through their involvement in the monitoring program. Included in this curriculum is a handbook for monitoring the sandy beach habitat. Pacific mole crabs (Emerita analoga), also called sand crabs, live in the swash zone of the sandy beaches along the Pacific coast. They are prey for fish, seabirds, shorebirds, and sea otters, and carry parasites that can affect these predators. Sand crabs feed on plankton, some of which produce the toxin domoic acid that can also affect these predators. In this project, students can use their understanding of the Gulf of the Farallones ecosystem and apply it to the sandy beach habitat. Students will monitor the abundance and distribution of sand crabs to establish a long-term baseline dataset to help access the health of the sandy beach habitat.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Fixed long link.

[edit on 26/11/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Again....you are showing that you do not U.N.D.E.R.S.T.A.N.D. the D.I.F.F.E.R.E.N.C.E. between E.N.V.I.R.O.N.M.E.N.T.A.L. problems and G.L.O.B.A.L. W.A.R.M.I.N.G, much less C.L.I.M.A.T.E. C.H.A.N.G.E.....

Show us W.H.E.R.E. in that P.A.P.E.R. they show P.R.O.O.F. oil spills cause G.L.O.B.A.L. W.A.R.M.I.N.G., or even C.L.I.M.A.T.E. C.H.A.N.G.E.....

[edit on 25-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You haven't shown any proof. As a matter of fact, that's a glorified version of a pop up book. You like those don't ya!!!

Your argument is about as weak as any person I have ever seen. I provide tons of evidence, and you provide comic books. LOL. Bit off a little more than you could chew...didn't ya???

Like I said before, if your schema and your ego can't handle the information provided...And I know you haven't read one single word, then you will come up with any reason to deny the proof right in front of your eyes. First you claimed that I had no evidence backing my opinion, and now that you see that I do, you're trying to provide one very WEAK source of info to back your poorly put together theory!!!

Thanks for being a participant in my experiment.

I have no more time for you. My girlfriend wants to get laid, so, I'll leave you to the good fight that you're losing horribly.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Wow...question for everyone else...because one partcular person *cough "evolvedministry cough* don't seem to get it...

Did "evolvedministry" show ANY evidence that oil spills cause Global Warming?.... or even Climate Change?....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by GroundZero

True

Im happy people care about the Earth all of the sudden, but come on! This global warming thing has been taken too far. Now, people will literally guilt trip you if you dont watch Planet Green in HD all damn day, and dont use all your trash to make compost!

I know its hard for people(sheeple) to deal with change, but the world has been constantly changing since its inception. It will heat up, then cool down, and so on and so on. Species come and go, some mutate/evolve and eventually dont even look like they once did. Jungles turn to deserts, and vice versa. HOW IN THE HELL DID PEOPLE GET THIS IDEA THAT WE CAN JUST STOP THE PLANETS NORMAL BEHAVIOR AFTER BILLIONS OF YEARS!!??!?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by WhiteDevil013]

Yeah...You're the genius who has it all figured out. Its just nature doing its NATURAL THING. Even the retardation of the Bush Administration finally came forward and said that there was merit to the idea of Global Warming. And I don't care how you try to rationalize it, thousands of scientists have come forward to prove what you still seem to think is a "hoax." By the way, where's your PHD again???

Exposing the truth behind the Pro-AGW agenda has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with "Caring" about our environment. I care about all life, whether it be human, animal, or whatever else, and I despise litter, waste, and filth, but I for one cannot under any terms endorse a theory which is being manipulated for purely political purposes.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Thank you for that point you just made.

There is a BIG difference between caring for the environment, and allowing a hoax to be used to put taxes, which started causing rioting in Europe, and around the world because people couldn't buy food, or enough gas because of the GREEN tax that politiliars in Europe wanted to implement a GREEN tax on everything...

Oil spills certainly are an ENVIRONMENTAL problem, but they do not cause Global Warming, nor even Climate Change.

A tax on CO2 is NOT going to stop oil spills since what the taxes, and the caps on emissions will do is only to TRANSFER jobs and MOVE factories, and companies to countries like China, Russia, India which have a WORSE environmental record and have stated they will NEVER ACCEPT ANY EMISSION CAPS OF ANY TYPE....

This is something that the AGW zombies obviously can't understand, and they are allowing their misguided feelings to make the thinking for them...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Great link by the way...It doesn't work. Just sits and loads. POP UP BOOK CENTRAL.

This stuff is more of YOUR SPEED. That technical stuff is just too much and probably makes your brain hurt.

www.planetark.com...

mikemccormack.blogspot.com...

scicom.ucsc.edu...

Phytoplankton on the rise???? LOL. Your information is ridiculous. That article must have been in the 90's. You might want to get something more, "UP TO DATE."

www.oceanleadership.org...

Okay...so now, I've really got to go. So, while you dig up more pop up books, I'll be in sexual bliss with my extremely gorgeous girlfriend. You can continue this because I know you have nothing better to do. BYE NOW!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Do you have the flu??? You're um..."Coughing alot."
May be a side effect of getting schooled. Oh...you might want to read at least one of the posts that I made. It sucks that most of them don't have pictures, but, I understand.

You've been commenting so much that you wouldn't know whether I proved it or not. You can't be reading if your keys are being punched.
Or should I say...buttons.

BYE NOW...this time I mean it.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
BBC contest to submit a video, here's your chance to be heard...

BBC World Service Page last updated at 13:25 GMT, Tuesday, 24 November 2009

Copenhagen: What's your solution?

If you had the microphone at the Copenhagen climate summit, what would you say?

What is your message to world leaders on global warming?

BBC News would like you to send us your message for Copenhagen.
The best video messages we receive will be featured in a special televised debate on BBC News, at the climax of the conference.

Last chance

The UN Climate Change Conference begins in Copenhagen, Denmark, on December 7.

Example of a video message - Children send their messages to Barack Obama
Some say it is our last chance to save the world from runaway climate change.

Many hope that world leaders will agree significant cuts in greenhouse gas emissions; and compensation for countries suffering from global warming.

But talks so far have been slow, with key nations cagey to commit. There are fears that no firm action will be agreed.

• Are you worried about climate change?

• What deal would you strike in Copenhagen?

• Who should cut their emissions? By how much? And how should they make these cuts?

• How would you improve the negotiation process?

Send us your comments in video

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Wow...a planetark article, a BLOG, and another article NONE of which prove the "massive deads of phytoplankton by oil spills which are causing Global Warming"....

BTW, harmful algal blooms occur when there is an increase in nutrients such as nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P) I wonder what those elements have to do with CO2....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One thing never really covered is we had a mini ice age not that long ago and even back in the 1700s the winters during the revolution were extreme to say the least.

This basically means that in much of our modern times we have lived in an abnormal cold climate, and we have seen since the late 1700s early 1800s that we finally broke out of it with a slow warming. With that said I would think that humans have some influence on climate changes, but the majority could just as easily be a normalization of the climate to what it should be.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Of course The ONLY videos accepted are those that dramaticize the lies of AGW and claim "WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE, PLEASE WE ACCEPT THE GLOBAL TAXES, AND ALSO LET US GIVE YOU OUR BEHINDS FOREVER SO YOU CAN FILL YOUR POCKETS WITH MORE MONEY AND WE CAN FEEL SAVED....."

This is the BBC you are talking about....

[edit on 26-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
reply to post by GroundZero

True

Im happy people care about the Earth all of the sudden, but come on! This global warming thing has been taken too far. Now, people will literally guilt trip you if you dont watch Planet Green in HD all damn day, and dont use all your trash to make compost!

I know its hard for people(sheeple) to deal with change, but the world has been constantly changing since its inception. It will heat up, then cool down, and so on and so on. Species come and go, some mutate/evolve and eventually dont even look like they once did. Jungles turn to deserts, and vice versa. HOW IN THE HELL DID PEOPLE GET THIS IDEA THAT WE CAN JUST STOP THE PLANETS NORMAL BEHAVIOR AFTER BILLIONS OF YEARS!!??!?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by WhiteDevil013]

Exactly. Unfortunately the sheeple eat what's fed to them by the media, authorities etc.

The Earth, throughout it's history, has gone through hot spells and cold spells. I remember hearing somewhere that during the 30's the US experienced a hot spell that was warmer than we're currently experiencing. I also remember hearing that during the 60's some scientists were saying that we're headed for another ice age!
I wish I could remember the source of this information so I could include the link.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by StevesResearch]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Again more jumping to conclusions over this issue. You all got excited over the "hiding the decline", now you're all getting worked up over this one. Do those particular people ever learn from their mistakes.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Not a believer in GW myself, just thought it sounded like a chance to voice your opinion is all, who doesn't love that these days, as evidenced by this site... Nuttin but goats here boys and gals

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Do you ever reply to questions asked of you, John124?
Still waiting for replies to questions you have ignored, yet your back posting in a climate change thread.
I'll re-re-re post them so you can answer them here if you like.

There is recent warming AND cooling. That's what happens. It's called weather, and the Earth has been doing it for a long time.

Can you find a single person who denies that this happens? If not, then who are you calling a denier?
I mean, if you're calling them pratts, who are they?

And

How is it obvious to you that the content of the emails have been "added to"?

From this thread here

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Frack, dude! This is getting reGoddamdiculous. I have read this nonsense for the last coupe of pages and, I must say, you are doing an astoundingly good job at dodging the issue and bottle necking the thread. This is borderline trolling.

Since I am a fair person, I read through all of the links you posted with patience and understanding. I did not see one single thing linking your oil spill rants to global warming. Environment disasters? Yes. A cause of global warming? Specifically, AGW?? You have posted no such evidence. You continue to post the same thing wrapped in a different web site.

Please show me something that shows oil spills linked to AWG. If not, move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join