It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of positive thought!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
There have been a couple of notable threads recently regarding 'vibrations' and 'positive thought'.

Positive thought has power over only one person - you. If it motivates you to act - then it is good, if it motivates you to chase butterflies - or fiddle while Rome burns - then perhaps madness is a better description.

The following article neatly encapsulates my thoughts on the matter;

Manufactured optimism has become a method to make the poor feel guilty for their poverty, the ill for their lack of health and the victims of corporate layoffs for their inability to find worthwhile jobs. Megachurches preach the “gospel of prosperity,” exhorting poor people to visualize financial success. Corporations have abandoned rational decision-making in favor of charismatic leadership.

This mania for looking on the bright side has given us the present financial collapse; optimistic business leaders -- assisted by rosy-eyed policymakers -- made very bad decisions.
If you want to have a compliant populace, what could be better than to say that everyone has to think positively and accept that anything that goes wrong in their lives is their own fault because they haven’t had a positive enough attitude?

(Re:Obama) - He talks a lot about hope. And as a citizen I’d rather not hear about “hope,” I’d rather hear about “plans.”
What could be more irresponsible than to say, “If we just think it’s going to be alright, it’s going to be alright.”

Full article - www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Keep smiling - everything is going to be ok - think happy thoughts.

Anger and anxiety are emotions that have a purpose - they stimulate people to DO SOMETHING.

Sitting on your butt and thinking positive is good only for those who are doing the looting, controlling and killing.

People without a back bone, who act like a herd of Hindu cows are just what the NWO ordered.

If you want to live a happy, healthy and fulfilled life - then be informed, act when it is necessary - failure to act because you don't want to upset anyone, or you are scared of violence is no excuse.

So many people like to say 'violence doesn't fix anything' - then they support some war of aggression that kills millions in a foreign country.

What they really mean is - I am too scared to act - I don't want to admit this is happening - I am afraid.

There is nothing wrong with fear - except giving in to it, and freezing like a rabbit in the headlights. Conquer your fear - lift up your heads and act like the descendants of the heroes who died for our freedoms - not with mindless optimism, but deep, rationally grounded determination.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What is wrong with chasing butterflies?

Why don't you let people just do what they like? So what if people fiddle while Rome burns? Seems like you are just trying to throw the responsibility of doing something for a change on other people.

I also believe that no one can die for you freedom but yourself. When are you going to die? I'm dying since I was born.

It would also be interesting for you to support your idea that "people say that violence doesn't fix anything and then go out supporting a war". Are you serious? I never met anyone like that, who the hell does that?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

We are to blame for everything.

A good post.

And the second post is a good one also. All this boils down to a single argument: "You'll deserve what you'll get."

Stars for both, and a flag for the OP.

-v

[edit on 25-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

If you want to live a happy, healthy and fulfilled life - then be informed, act when it is necessary - failure to act because you don't want to upset anyone, or you are scared of violence is no excuse.

No the happy people are the ignorant people, but on the positive thought thing it always works, just this morning I woke up and felt I had a cold or flu or something, after 20 minutes or so mental imagery, it was gone. This always works for me, I'm never ill. Also in the gym, if I'm feeling a little low the effect is quiet obvious in the performance, this also drills down the type of music thats on.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
the happy people are the ignorant people

I kinda disagree on this.
The happy people may be the ones that seem ignorant but I really doubt that they are. I mean, how can you call someone thats happy ignorant? He probably knows quite a bit to be and remain happy. Aren't we the people that always want to know more kinda frustrated? Its not that these "ignorant happy people" are really ignorant, they just know everything they wanted or needed to know and don't care about looking wise.

Why don't you try asking "THE QUESTION" to these ignorant happy people? I'm quite sure they will give you "THE ANSWER".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There is nothing at all wrong with chasing butterflies. I do it frequently. Positive thought can be immensely powerful ...I use it when I need to or when I want to and it always works for me too, especially when I think I might be getting sick.

But Amagnon, I think I kinda love you for pointing out the major weakness in the love and light and positivity thing.....we NEED our dark sides. We need to be balanced, and consist of equal measures of dark and light, the most powerful combination for a human, and use anger, aggression, anxiety or any other outwardly negative emotion as a fuel. The recent trend towards unrelenting positivity does nothing but weaken and unbalance us, by leaving us unable to see the dark side of others and their actions, in extreme cases expecting them to be all love and light too. Certain popular modern spiritual systems are complicit in manipulating people in this way, and I often wonder if this is the route by which the one world religion will be imposed on us.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am always negative, so i am the opposite to this.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Would you agree that to enter into any endeavor its outcome would have a skewed result based on your attitude?
Positive versus Negative entry equals Negative versus Positive outcome?
The position approached from, will have an effect on the engagement and the application.
Balance.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think I should further clarify my position - I did however state it nice and clearly in the first paragraph.

I am not opposed to positive thought - it is powerful and useful - defeatism is as bad as happy ignorance.

Simply - we can be positive - but that doesn't require putting our heads in the ground - we can be happy - but we can still act with assertiveness, even with force if it is necessary.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
There is a duality to our thoughts positive and negative it seems to be our main way of moving foward. You cant see were your going without the negative and you cant live were your going without the positive. And when we get to a space that we can balance those two we call that home. Many asume that you can just be positive and it will all work out, and you can but only in some things but not all, a lot of things will not and can not be bent to your reality not untill you see its negative its true story, it's price you must pay. An old man once told me if you stare long in to the abyss, the abyss will stare back into you. But having a positive outlook on things is better for you then a negative one, but dont expect it to change the whole world because for it to do that you would have not only see the negative in the whole world but to experience it. There is a huge difference between knowing something and the experiance of knowing something, case in point if i tell you that im going to kick you in the head, you would know it hurts, but if I dident tell you anything and kicked you in the head you would know it hurts. The first point is knowledge The second is wisdom and truth in that knowledge.

And believe you me there is a first for everything in this world, once there were some who thought that getting kicked in the head was an impossiblity then they ended up face first on the ground. And through them those that witnessed it spread the news that getting kicked in the head hurts. The same point apply's to a lot of things especially politics, they have the knowledge of the past but anyone can have the knowledge but can they understand that knowledge? no they cant because they are living on ideas not of there making. And living comfortable I might ad, now throw in human nature and social standing and lets not forget its a job after all. And now look at it you have todays political climate, same as yesterday's political climate the level has chaged the people have not. Its to be expected, and it was expected. There is always a first for everything. especially in a profession that relies on second hand knowledge, they were destined for failure thill something better comes along. And positive thoughts in mass colective's can have a impact in the world just look at this experiment and what was created with misguided positive thoughts, that the blind can lead the blind, only when they fall in the ditch will they learn, just hope that many were watching and taking notes, or this lesson will repeat itself.

hope that healps you in your question

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This thread has got to be a Monty Python cue...

WARNING: Video above contains a little profanity and may not be work safe.

new topics

top topics

join